PDA

View Full Version : Caps PK

OpIv37
04-22-2008, 07:09 PM
What an amazing job. Granted, they got lucky at least once, but I've never seen that happen before.

For those who missed it, Federov took a double minor for a high stick with exactly 4:00 remaining in the first. Approximately 18 seconds in, the Caps took another penalty for hooking, so Philly had 2:00 of 5 on 3 followed by another 1:42 5 on 4.

The Caps killed it all off. At one point, the first 3 guys on the 5 on 3 were on the ice for over a minute without a clear- I couldn't believe they could still move.

BTW, the 2nd penalty was BS. Technically it was a penalty, but it didn't disrupt the play at all and the refs have already let far worse infractions go during this game without blowing the whistle. Caps fans have a right to be pissed off. Fortunately it didn't affect the score.

Washington also scored on a 5 on 3 but both of those penalties were obvious. One of the Flyers trucked a Cap who was nowhere near the puck, then on the PK that punk ***** Hatcher put his elbow right in a guy's face along the boards. I hate seeing penalties decide playoff games but that one was pretty blatant and very dangerous.

raphael120
04-22-2008, 07:39 PM
How bout that shifty move with the Flyers guy knocking a Caps defensemen into Huet. Nothin but net. This is a very good game...how people could find this less exciting than Wizards basketball is beyond me...Im glad to see the Caps come so far, and even the Bruins...let's get some hockey towns going and get the NHL back where it should be as one of the best professional sports to watch

OpIv37
04-22-2008, 07:59 PM
Ovechkin is amazing. Biron wasn't ready for that shot because Ovechkin never even looked at the friggin net. He took the pass, went around his man, and nailed the 5 hole without even looking at it. It was so fast, so accurate and he never even set the damn shot up. Unbelievable.

BlackMetalNinja
04-22-2008, 08:17 PM
Are you saying you've never seen a 2 minute 5 on 3 killed before!??!?!

The 2nd Philly goal was kinda BS... sure it was a clean hit, but the Flyer guy clearly new he was going to take out the goalie in the process... I don't know what it is with Washington, but throughout this series I've seen them just all the sudden turn on the intensity and start hitting everybody left and right. They only seem to do it in very short bursts out of desperation though.

RockStar36
04-22-2008, 08:54 PM
I'm gonna be so pissed if the Flyers win

RockStar36
04-22-2008, 09:00 PM
What a huge save on the PP by Huet!

raphael120
04-22-2008, 09:20 PM
I'm gonna be so pissed if the Flyers win

Time to be pissed.

I wouldve really liked to have seen Ovechkin play against Crosby...but now we have to see Brier and Biron go deeper into the playoffs.

RockStar36
04-22-2008, 09:20 PM
It's not even about them. I just hate the Flyers in general. Always have, always will.

OpIv37
04-22-2008, 10:20 PM
whoever said I was cursed a few weeks back is right. I was pulling for the Caps- not that I actually care that much, but I needed someone to root for since the Sabres were out and I figured it might as well be the local team (plus the anti-Briere factor).

The officiating was horrible- the Caps got more than their fair share of bad calls during this series. Of course, that's the anti-conspiracy theory. Ovechkin v. Crosby would be a dream matchup for the NHL.

Mitchy moo
04-22-2008, 10:30 PM
whoever said I was cursed a few weeks back is right. I was pulling for the Caps- not that I actually care that much, but I needed someone to root for since the Sabres were out and I figured it might as well be the local team (plus the anti-Briere factor).

The officiating was horrible- the Caps got more than their fair share of bad calls during this series. Of course, that's the anti-conspiracy theory. Ovechkin v. Crosby would be a dream matchup for the NHL.

You started a PK thread, how did you expect it to end?

OpIv37
04-22-2008, 10:31 PM
You started a PK thread, how did you expect it to end?

very good point.