• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ingtar33
    Dances With Buffaloes
    • Sep 2002

Ingtar33's Mock Draft

Yeah i know... i don't do these. typically i'll talk needs and the like. However, i felt like giving it a go this year.

this is based purely on what i think are the greatest needs for the teams... and best pick available.

in short.

I acted as the GM for each team, not based on any outside information, with the exception of the Miami dolphins, who have already made a solid but not great no.1 pick.

*note: no trades were considered

MIA - OT - Long, Jake
    STL - DE - Long, Chris
    ATL - DT - Dorsey, Glenn
    OAK - RB - McFadden, Darren
    KC - OT - Clady, Ryan
    NYJ - DE - Gholston, Vernon
    NE - LB - Rivers, Keith
    BAL - QB - Ryan, Matt
    CIN - DT - Ellis, Sedrick
    NO - CB - McKelvin, Leodis
    BUF - CB - Rodgers-Cromartie, D.
    DEN - DE - Harvey, Derrick
    CAR - OT - Otah, Jeff
    CHI - OT - Williams, Chris
    DET - RB - Mendenhall, Rashard
    PHX - DE - Merling, Phillip
    MIN - DT - Balmer, Kentwan
    HOU - RB - Stewart, Jonathan
    PHI - WR - Sweed, Limas
    TB - QB - Brohm, Brian
    WAS - WR - Thomas, Devin
    DAL - CB - Jenkins, Mike
    PIT - OT - Cherilus, Gosder
    TEN - WR - Hardy, James
    SEA - WR - Kelly, Malcolm
    JAX - FS - Phillips, Kenny
    SD - OT - Baker, Sam
    DAL - CB - Talib, Aqib
    SF - LB - Groves, Quentin
    GB - TE - Davis, Fred
    NYG - LB - Adibi, Xavier

I did cheat on the Oakland raiders pick, with several other positions making more sense than running back, i just don't see al davis passing on McFadden; he loves fast guys too much.

I have the Bills taking who i think is the 2nd best CB in the draft, only because he's worth a no.11, even though i admit their need at WR/TE is far greater then it is at CB, there just aren't any WRs worth it here. I could also see Derrick Harvey or Phillip Merling here.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!
  • Confused
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jun 2007

Re: Ingtar33's Mock Draft

There are no WR's that are worth the 11th pick, however, by the time we pick again(41) all of the premeir WR's that fit our needs(TALL, Powerful, good hands) such as Hardy Sweed or even the tweener Thomas will be gone. Malcom Kelly MIGHT still be there but who wants to gamble? Plus, the same thing will happen if we wait till the 3rd or 4th for our other big need, TE. CB in the 1st makes ZERO sense considering we brought in James and our safeties should be healthy. Furthmore, DRC is not 1st round material. almost everyone who pays attention to the draft has him confused with his cousin. If DRC was so great, why did he not move up to DivisionI? That guy is a mistake some other team needs to make. we are to close to making a playoff appearance to WASTE our 1st pick on him. I'm not saying that he sucks by any means, just that he seems more like a 3rd rounder to me.

We need to go
    1. WR
    2.TE
    3. OL/WR(again...Kelly?)or DE
    4a. FB
    4b. CB
    BPA the rest of the draft

Comment

• Ingtar33
      Dances With Buffaloes
      • Sep 2002

im not going to disagree with you.

The WRs we need will be gone by the 2nd round, which leaves us with 3 choices.

1) overpay for a possible bust WR at no.11
      2) take a sure thing CB/DE
      3) trade down and take a flier on a WR we need.

since i discounted trading, in the mock draft, and i had to be honest about what i would do as GM, I would take a CB.
      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• raphael120
        Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
        • Oct 2005

Tell you what, if we pick DRC and all of those WR's you have up there being drafted ARE drafted, we're screwed. I just dont see how drafting Devin Thomas at 11 is really reaching that much. If picking Whitner at 8 was deemed necessary by the Bills FO, then I think grabbing Devin Thomas at 11 is not such a big deal and is reaching less than we did for Whitner.

Comment

• Ingtar33
          Dances With Buffaloes
          • Sep 2002

the problem we have is defense WILL go first in this draft.

this draft is top heavy in defense.

as a result by the time we get into the 20's the talent pool will be so mediocre for the first round, most teams will take a flier on these so-so WR prospects.

what's worse is that a number of the teams that will draft ahead of us in round 2 could take a shot at those WRs too.

we really have 3 sane options.

1) draft a CB
          2) draft a DE
          3) trade down and draft a WR

i just can't see any of those WRs this year worth going in the top 20, with all the talent on the defensive side of the ball.

there are teams at the back of the draft who i have taking non-WRs who would leap at one of those WRs if they were still available. The giants are a good example just off the top of my head.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• EDS
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Ingtar33
            Yeah i know... i don't do these. typically i'll talk needs and the like. However, i felt like giving it a go this year.

this is based purely on what i think are the greatest needs for the teams... and best pick available.

in short.

I acted as the GM for each team, not based on any outside information, with the exception of the Miami dolphins, who have already made a solid but not great no.1 pick.

*note: no trades were considered

MIA - OT - Long, Jake
            STL - DE - Long, Chris
            ATL - DT - Dorsey, Glenn
            OAK - RB - McFadden, Darren
            KC - OT - Clady, Ryan
            NYJ - DE - Gholston, Vernon
            NE - LB - Rivers, Keith
            BAL - QB - Ryan, Matt
            CIN - DT - Ellis, Sedrick
            NO - CB - McKelvin, Leodis
            BUF - CB - Rodgers-Cromartie, D.
            DEN - DE - Harvey, Derrick
            CAR - OT - Otah, Jeff
            CHI - OT - Williams, Chris
            DET - RB - Mendenhall, Rashard
            PHX - DE - Merling, Phillip
            MIN - DT - Balmer, Kentwan
            HOU - RB - Stewart, Jonathan
            PHI - WR - Sweed, Limas
            TB - QB - Brohm, Brian
            WAS - WR - Thomas, Devin
            DAL - CB - Jenkins, Mike
            PIT - OT - Cherilus, Gosder
            TEN - WR - Hardy, James
            SEA - WR - Kelly, Malcolm
            JAX - FS - Phillips, Kenny
            SD - OT - Baker, Sam
            DAL - CB - Talib, Aqib
            SF - LB - Groves, Quentin
            GB - TE - Davis, Fred
            NYG - LB - Adibi, Xavier

I did cheat on the Oakland raiders pick, with several other positions making more sense than running back, i just don't see al davis passing on McFadden; he loves fast guys too much.

I have the Bills taking who i think is the 2nd best CB in the draft, only because he's worth a no.11, even though i admit their need at WR/TE is far greater then it is at CB, there just aren't any WRs worth it here. I could also see Derrick Harvey or Phillip Merling here.
            What about the the Virginia offensive lineman - Albert?

Comment

• Ingtar33
              Dances With Buffaloes
              • Sep 2002

End of 1st, early 2nd...

teams that could take him... Philly, SF, MIA (top of the 2nd with the 32nd pick)

I only saw a few teams needing him enough over other players available.

I suppose the other team that might make some sense in taking him is NE.

And yes. i would actually be happy if the Bills took him at 11. I just think our biggest need is on the defense and WR.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• shelby
                The Vanilla *****
                • Jul 2002

i like the DRC pick.

Thanks for the input Ing!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

I believe the pick will be a DB.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                    Defies all logic
                    • Oct 2006

Appreciate the mock draft, anything to help get me through the offseason is appreciated.

Disagree with a couple picks:

Atlanta: I think they take Ryan.
                    Oakland: Ellis would make more sense.
                    Buffalo: DRC, I hope not!
                    Minnesota: They already have 2 pro-bowl DT's, why take Balmer?

Overall, not to bad!

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

i gotta be honest ing.. i hope your turn out to be an awful gm, because i hate your mock.
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Ingtar33
                        Dances With Buffaloes
                        • Sep 2002

i agree with the first two points.

i took mcfadden with the raiders just because i know how al davis's mind works. he'll take mcfadden, he won't be able to stop himself.

Atlanta needs a lot of things. I went defense, because that's how i am.

Minnesota needs a lot of things, i went best player available. This was one of a few teams i didn't like anyone available when their pick came up.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                          Defies all logic
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                          i agree with the first two points.

i took mcfadden with the raiders just because i know how al davis's mind works. he'll take mcfadden, he won't be able to stop himself.

Atlanta needs a lot of things. I went defense, because that's how i am.

Minnesota needs a lot of things, i went best player available. This was one of a few teams i didn't like anyone available when their pick came up.
                          I disagree about Davis, Oakland is saturated with talent at RB.. I would be awfully surprised.

Minnesota could use help in the secondary, they would be licking their chops if Jenkins or Talib was available when they picked.

Atlanta, I agree with your pick but I think they go Ryan instead.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                            Dances With Buffaloes
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                            i gotta be honest ing.. i hope your turn out to be an awful gm, because i hate your mock.
                            lol. you hate it because the WRs aren't falling to us in the 2nd. im telling you, the Bills know they won't fall to us in the 2nd.

Trust me, I think we need a big WR enough i'd trade down in a heartbeat. I wouldn't even ask for a fair deal to get there. I'd much rather get one of those WRs then a CB.

But, if we can't move back, then i see us taking the CB. He's too good, and CB is our 2nd biggest need

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

i also hate it because none of the top guys fall.. which happens every year.. it seems pretty straight forward like alot of other mocks.. i was just hoping for something different..
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X