PDA

View Full Version : Which Would be More of a Reach???

raphael120
04-22-2008, 07:50 PM
I want to know what would be considered the bigger reach.

Personally I think we reached much more for Whitner at 8 and if people are fine with that outcome then I dont see why grabbing Devin Thomas at 11 is so much of a big deal.

Listen, our offense was, and IS pathetic as is. We NEED a top WR prospect and if we can't trade down or trade up, we BETTER pick up Devin Thomas because I think we can get by with the CB's we have without getting a CB in the first round. And I think TE isn't something we should ignore, we know how much a good TE is to a QB like Edwards and to ignore the need at TE is naive at best for the Bills FO to overlook that gaping talentless hole we have at that position.

Either way...I think the BEST scenario would be if we chose BPA at 11 and then had a trade lined up to get back into the bottom of the first to grab a Malcom Kelly, Sweed, Hardy type guy.

Thing is...we're not just looking for ANY WR, we need a TALL redzone target!!! So while the WR class is deep, the TALL WR class is narrowing the field down quite a bit. Thus another reason why we need to get Thomas with our 11th or have a plan to get one in the late first round before teams like Philly or Washington get to pickin.

EDS
04-22-2008, 07:54 PM
Both?

Luisito23
04-22-2008, 08:12 PM
I voted Whitner.....

PECKERWOOD
04-22-2008, 08:25 PM
Whitner was definately the bigger reach but that doesn't mean that Thomas couldn't be the bigger bust.

Confused
04-22-2008, 08:33 PM
Whitner was a reach , but Thomas will be a bust.

Luisito23
04-22-2008, 08:39 PM
Thomas will be a bust.

I really hope we stay away from him.....Go BPA, and trade back like we always do for our wideout....

Confused
04-22-2008, 08:45 PM
HARDY, HARDY!!!!

Michael82
04-23-2008, 09:06 AM
Thomas makes me very nervous. He did it at Michigan State and only for 1 year? If he's so good, why wasn't he getting the playing time before that? Also, He's not the big receiver. He's taller than what we got, but not by much. isn't he only 6'1 1/2? I prefer a guy like Kelly or Sweed who is 6'4 a piece or even Hardy, who is 6'6.

justasportsfan
04-23-2008, 09:08 AM
Thomas makes me very nervous. He did it at Michigan State and only for 1 year? If he's so good, why wasn't he getting the playing time before that? .
go to BB.com for the info. It's there.

bigbub2352
04-23-2008, 09:34 AM
Thomas makes me very nervous. He did it at Michigan State and only for 1 year? If he's so good, why wasn't he getting the playing time before that? Also, He's not the big receiver. He's taller than what we got, but not by much. isn't he only 6'1 1/2? I prefer a guy like Kelly or Sweed who is 6'4 a piece or even Hardy, who is 6'6.

Cant really argue with 2,590 all purpose yards and 4.4 speed, in 1 season

The reason he didnt produce as a Sophmore, was cause when he transfered from Juco to MSU there were 4 Sr WRs in front of him,
Gotta wonder if he had more oppurtunities what he would have done

Michael82
04-23-2008, 09:36 AM
Cant really argue with 2,590 all purpose yards and 4.4 speed, in 1 season

The reason he didnt produce as a Sophmore, was cause when he transfered from Juco to MSU there were 4 Sr WRs in front of him,
Gotta wonder if he had more oppurtunities what he would have done
Except he's more of a Lee Evans type WR. Why would we want 2 of those? Aren't we looking more for a 6'4, big possession type WR? That would be Kelly, Sweed and Hardy IMO.

ddaryl
04-23-2008, 09:52 AM
Trade down is our best option for a WR IMO

as for bigger reach.. Whitner has been solid, and is filling a need very nicely.

Thomas... If he came in here caught 50 - 60 balls his rookie year for a 10+ YPC and 6 or more TD's I would not call that a reach either.

It's perception, and right now I cannot call Whitner a reach. he is doing what we need him to do, and any complaints against Whitner can probably be directed towards our piss poor DL/pass rush for the length of time he has been here.

Thomas at #11 would probably only be a bad move if we turned down a chance to trade down a few picks knowing he would still be there.

HOWEVER I agree with Mikey when he says the taller the WR the better

djjimkelly
04-23-2008, 10:02 AM
i think the biggest reaches bills have are most of our front office and half our coaching staff

bigbub2352
04-23-2008, 10:39 AM
Except he's more of a Lee Evans type WR. Why would we want 2 of those? Aren't we looking more for a 6'4, big possession type WR? That would be Kelly, Sweed and Hardy IMO.

6ft 2 and almost 220lbs is small? he also has a 40in vertical and had 79 catches, i agree we need a tall guy but Moulds was only 6ft 2, i think we can get a guy like Purify, Hubbard, Harper, Monk, etc later in the 5th round, we need an actual number 2 who can produce, i am not shutting the book on Sweed either, if we trade down, i think he is the pick if Thomas is gone

We need all the help we can get at WR, and i think we have to take 2, why not one who is 6ft 2 runnin a 4.4, and a guy who is 6ft 5 runnin a 4.5
hmmm weapons i like that

PECKERWOOD
04-23-2008, 10:41 AM
I would like to see the same poll but replace Thomas with Hardy's name.

gr8slayer
04-23-2008, 10:50 AM
Mikey, you've clearly never seen Thomas play, he and Lee Evans are no where near the same player. Thomas is more of a Boldin type WR.

ddaryl
04-23-2008, 10:54 AM
i think the biggest reaches bills have are most of our front office and half our coaching staff

I gues we'll find out by Sunday....

but I though Marv did an excellent job drafting and turning things around to the point where I believe we are building a true, sustainable playoff caliber team.

I also believe our current FO will follow what marv started, and I think Dick is doing a decent job at HC. Not great but he deserves kudos for getting us a 7 - 9 record last year with so many injuries, young players, However we need ot see how the O look this year with Turk, and how our D responds to our improved DL. This is the year in which all things Dick shall be judged.

Michael82
04-23-2008, 10:55 AM
6ft 2 and almost 220lbs is small? he also has a 40in vertical and had 79 catches, i agree we need a tall guy but Moulds was only 6ft 2, i think we can get a guy like Purify, Hubbard, Harper, Monk, etc later in the 5th round, we need an actual number 2 who can produce, i am not shutting the book on Sweed either, if we trade down, i think he is the pick if Thomas is gone

We need all the help we can get at WR, and i think we have to take 2, why not one who is 6ft 2 runnin a 4.4, and a guy who is 6ft 5 runnin a 4.5
hmmm weapons i like that
I still believe Malcolm Kelly is the WR pick in a trade down or trade up, and I hope he is. He's the one I want the most.

gr8slayer
04-23-2008, 10:56 AM
I still believe Malcolm Kelly is the WR pick in a trade down or trade up, and I hope he is. He's the one I want the most.
You can have him, Kelly sucks.

Michael82
04-23-2008, 11:06 AM
You can have him, Kelly sucks.
who do you want? Sweed? I wouldn't mind him...or maybe even Hardy! :up:

gr8slayer
04-23-2008, 11:08 AM
who do you want? Sweed? I wouldn't mind him...or maybe even Hardy! :up:
I'm fine with Kelly in the second round. In the first it's Sweed or Thomas or trade down and get Hardy.

bigbub2352
04-23-2008, 11:22 AM
Dthomas at 11, stop denying it LOL

DrGraves
04-23-2008, 12:29 PM
thomas isnt the guy we need. he is too small at 6'1'' we need a BIG target like sweed or hardy. no more of these little wr's. thomas will just make our problems worse and be a josh reed calibur guy.

The Answer
04-23-2008, 12:47 PM
Other - JP Loserman at # 22 overall in 2004.

~The Answer