PDA

View Full Version : Clemson DT Phillip Merling Workout Today, 3 Days Before The Draft

Night Train
04-23-2008, 04:31 AM
Hernia rehab finally coming around for a guy who is all out hustle on every play. If he's healthy, he's a force.

http://49ers.com/pressbox/news_detail.php?PRKey=4150&section=PR%20News

DraftBoy
04-23-2008, 07:38 AM
He's a DE not a DT

Tatonka
04-23-2008, 07:50 AM
love this guy. would take him over all the DEs in the draft except for Ghoulston.

that includes long, who just had a big senior year.

DraftBoy
04-23-2008, 08:05 AM
love this guy. would take him over all the DEs in the draft except for Ghoulston.

that includes long, who just had a big senior year.

Thank you, somebody else who agrees with me and sees how complete a player Merling is.

bigbub2352
04-23-2008, 10:31 AM
I like Merling alot, i think he will turn out to be better than all DEs in the draft i like Gholston, but i think he might be switching to OLBer

PECKERWOOD
04-23-2008, 10:32 AM
I like Merling too, I wouldn't mind if Buffalo traded down and selected him. I'm really cautious when it comes to taking former Gator d'linemen, they haven't panned out in recent years.

Yasgur's Farm
04-23-2008, 11:14 AM
After WR... Merling would be the guy I'd want in round 1

TigerJ
04-23-2008, 01:03 PM
I'm also a Merling man. His injury was really unfortunate. I wonder if he's rehabbed enough to actually put up good numbers.

Night Train
04-24-2008, 04:09 PM
Turns out, he worked out today. The Bills were represented. From Great Blue North. And yet ANOTHER Malcolm Kelly workout today. Wow.

Late college workouts on schedule… Clemson DE Phillip Merling worked out in front of a realtively large contingent of pro personnel folks earlier this morning at a special on-campus workout. Merling had been projected as a potential top 10 prospect earlier this year, hasn’t been able to workout since suffering a sports hernia. So far there are no official - or for that matter unofficial - results from this morning’s workout, but Merling for one was pleased with his efforts. About a dozen teams were in attendance at Merling’s workout including a large contingent from Washington including owner Daniel Snyder, head coach Jim Zorn, and player personnel director Vinny Cerrato; indeed, even Redskins‘ QB Jason Campbell was reportedly there. The Redskins have the 21st pick this year and are in need of a good young DE. Other teams with representatives in attendance included Baltimore, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Miami, Green Bay, Carolina, Buffalo, Jacksonville and Tampa Bay as well as both the Giants and Jets.

Meanwhile Oklahoma WR Malcolm Kelly is also scheduled to have a third on-campus workout later today. Kelly who had once been seen as the top receiver in this year’s draft, didn’t run at well at a special pro day early in the month and then didn’t do much better a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully, we’ll have results from both workouts later in the day.

Devin
04-24-2008, 06:40 PM
Merling gets compared to Julius Peppers, thats fine company!

Tatonka
04-24-2008, 07:09 PM
any word on how the workout went or kelly for that matter?

Oaf
04-24-2008, 07:43 PM
Yeah I heard Kelly was running again. Wonder how he did.. :scratch:

Tatonka
04-24-2008, 07:56 PM
the skins flew jason campbell down to work out with kelly.

i cant find anything on it though.