X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

Tee Rucker, TE, Missouri just stated the Bills have contacted him

He was on Sirius and he stated that three teams contacted him, the Giants, Jets, and Bills. Thought I would share the info.
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Re: Tee Rucker, TE, Missouri just stated the Bills have contacted him

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
    He was on Sirius and he stated that three teams contacted him, the Giants, Jets, and Bills. Thought I would share the info.
    Good News... obviously they are looking to add a TE early. They have been in contact with Kellen Davis, John Carlson and now Rucker. Probably with Bennett and Fred Davis as well. Probably looking to take one in the third.

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

That's Mike Ruckers' brother (retired yesterday from the Panthers).

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
          Pinkerton's son
          • Feb 2006

dude was a Mackey Award finalist and was first team all-american. How come I have never heard of him, other than neglect on my part??

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
            Defies all logic
            • Oct 2006

This guy would definately help our team, he would be an upgrade over Michael Gaines from last year, that's for sure. It's relieving to see that the Bills have had contact with three decent recieving TE's in: Carlson, Davis and now Rucker.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
              dude was a Mackey Award finalist and was first team all-american. How come I have never heard of him, other than neglect on my part??

He's the #1 TE as far as the Draft Guide goes.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                • Jul 2003

He reportedly is an H-back type. Not much of a blocker, but a good receiver.

Hard to say, though. I think TE is one of the hardest positions to project to the NFL.

Comment

• hydro
                  • Oct 2005

Martin "Tee" Rucker to fix any possible confusion.
                  BERNIAC!

Comment

• Oaf
                    Do you read what you write?
                    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                    VERY early in the mock draft stages (I'm talking week 16 of 2007 season), people had him pegged in the 1st round and some had us taking him between 9-17 (before draft order was determined). Not sure what happened to him though. DB?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Oaf
                      VERY early in the mock draft stages (I'm talking week 16 of 2007 season), people had him pegged in the 1st round and some had us taking him between 9-17 (before draft order was determined). Not sure what happened to him though. DB?
                      Measured a little smaller and slower than was expected. Didnt really wow at the Senior Bowl, or at his pro day workouts. He subsequently fell. Its a very weak overall TE class, but I got Rucker as my top guy. I see him going in Round 3, some have him going as late as 5.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

id really like Bennet in the second, if he's still there at 41

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• bigbub2352
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                          id really like Bennet in the second, if he's still there at 41

I really think he will be there at 41, and if we trade down from 11 and say grab Sweed, or Thomas at like 19-22, it is a no brainer to take Bennett in the 2nd, i think he is got the most potential in the redzone of any TE in the draft, that is exactly what we need him for!
                          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                            • Feb 2005

I really like Bennett. I don't see Rucker going before round 4 or 5...

Bennett, Keller, Carlson, Davis, Cottam and maybe even Finley should all go before Rucker.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Oaf
                              Reportedly, did poorly blocking as a TE at the Senior Bowl, but looked much better as an H-Back and caught the ball well. Had a hamstring injury and couldn't work out at the combine, and he did just OK at his Pro Day (4.71 40).

The fact that he is might be more of an H-Back than a pure TE has hurt him. However, the guy was really productive as a receiver in college (184 receptions the last 3 seasons) and is athletic enough to run seam routes against a Cover-2. I've read he has concentration lapses, but that is a lot of receptions.

He may in fact go higher than than expected, as his production in the passing game warrants it. It really comes down to how a team plans to utilize their TE, as some will value him more than others.

Comment

Working...
                              X