PDA

View Full Version : Tee Rucker, TE, Missouri just stated the Bills have contacted him

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-23-2008, 12:46 PM
He was on Sirius and he stated that three teams contacted him, the Giants, Jets, and Bills. Thought I would share the info.

Mahdi
04-23-2008, 01:09 PM
He was on Sirius and he stated that three teams contacted him, the Giants, Jets, and Bills. Thought I would share the info.
Good News... obviously they are looking to add a TE early. They have been in contact with Kellen Davis, John Carlson and now Rucker. Probably with Bennett and Fred Davis as well. Probably looking to take one in the third.

The King
04-23-2008, 01:15 PM
:bf1:

don137
04-23-2008, 01:17 PM
That's Mike Ruckers' brother (retired yesterday from the Panthers).

Pinkerton Security
04-23-2008, 01:29 PM
dude was a Mackey Award finalist and was first team all-american. How come I have never heard of him, other than neglect on my part??

PECKERWOOD
04-23-2008, 02:14 PM
This guy would definately help our team, he would be an upgrade over Michael Gaines from last year, that's for sure. It's relieving to see that the Bills have had contact with three decent recieving TE's in: Carlson, Davis and now Rucker.

DraftBoy
04-23-2008, 02:19 PM
dude was a Mackey Award finalist and was first team all-american. How come I have never heard of him, other than neglect on my part??

:idunno:

He's the #1 TE as far as the Draft Guide goes.

Ickybaluky
04-23-2008, 02:23 PM
He reportedly is an H-back type. Not much of a blocker, but a good receiver.

Hard to say, though. I think TE is one of the hardest positions to project to the NFL.

hydro
04-23-2008, 02:25 PM
Martin "Tee" Rucker to fix any possible confusion.

Oaf
04-23-2008, 02:51 PM
VERY early in the mock draft stages (I'm talking week 16 of 2007 season), people had him pegged in the 1st round and some had us taking him between 9-17 (before draft order was determined). Not sure what happened to him though. DB?

DraftBoy
04-23-2008, 02:55 PM
VERY early in the mock draft stages (I'm talking week 16 of 2007 season), people had him pegged in the 1st round and some had us taking him between 9-17 (before draft order was determined). Not sure what happened to him though. DB?

Measured a little smaller and slower than was expected. Didnt really wow at the Senior Bowl, or at his pro day workouts. He subsequently fell. Its a very weak overall TE class, but I got Rucker as my top guy. I see him going in Round 3, some have him going as late as 5.

patmoran2006
04-23-2008, 03:05 PM
id really like Bennet in the second, if he's still there at 41

bigbub2352
04-23-2008, 03:10 PM
id really like Bennet in the second, if he's still there at 41

I really think he will be there at 41, and if we trade down from 11 and say grab Sweed, or Thomas at like 19-22, it is a no brainer to take Bennett in the 2nd, i think he is got the most potential in the redzone of any TE in the draft, that is exactly what we need him for!

Yasgur's Farm
04-23-2008, 03:32 PM
I really like Bennett. I don't see Rucker going before round 4 or 5...

Bennett, Keller, Carlson, Davis, Cottam and maybe even Finley should all go before Rucker.

Ickybaluky
04-23-2008, 03:57 PM

Reportedly, did poorly blocking as a TE at the Senior Bowl, but looked much better as an H-Back and caught the ball well. Had a hamstring injury and couldn't work out at the combine, and he did just OK at his Pro Day (4.71 40).

The fact that he is might be more of an H-Back than a pure TE has hurt him. However, the guy was really productive as a receiver in college (184 receptions the last 3 seasons) and is athletic enough to run seam routes against a Cover-2. I've read he has concentration lapses, but that is a lot of receptions.

He may in fact go higher than than expected, as his production in the passing game warrants it. It really comes down to how a team plans to utilize their TE, as some will value him more than others.

Tatonka
04-23-2008, 05:33 PM
jermichael finley is my favorite with carlson 2nd.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-24-2008, 08:47 AM
Rucker possibly has the best hands in this TE class. He's big and knows how to get open deep. He was one of the two primary options in the Missouri passing game and rightfully so.

However, he was used a lot in the slot in college, so he's not a great blocker. But, I saw him block when he had to (although Mizzou used a blocking TE with him a lot on running plays).

Still, because of the offense that he played in, he is still raw, but he's a tremendous athlete (former B-Ball player) and could have the best upside of all of the TEs in this class.

A lot of draft guides had him ranked in the top 4 of TEs when the season ended, but, like Bowman, his stock dropped like a rock.

He had a very poor week at the Senior Bowl and then at The Combine. Reports were that he practiced very poorly and didn't seem interested when doing any kind of drills--acting as if he didn't even want to be there. His lack of motivation and poor showings raised all kinds of questions about whether he would be willing to put in the work necessary to improve his game on the pro level--which he MUST do.

I'm not sure, but I thought I heard something about him having a legal problem, too (although I might be confusing him with A.Bowman) at the same time--not sure if it was pot or something else.

The guy has a world of talent--enough to become an All-Pro--but does he have the drive to develop that talent and fulfill his potential? That's the big question mark about him and why his stock dropped so much.

If he wants to play and ends up with a coach who can motivate him, he could be a great player. Or, he could end up being a total bust. Taking him would be a big risk, but could have a tremendous reward if he gets his head together.

Meathead
04-24-2008, 08:50 AM
Tee Rucker?

sounds like a guest celebrity on hee haw

Pinkerton Security
04-24-2008, 08:56 AM
:idunno:

He's the #1 TE as far as the Draft Guide goes.

:sorry: work hasnt allowed me to be online as much recently.

the guide looks great though!

Luisito23
04-24-2008, 08:56 AM
Measured a little smaller and slower than was expected. Didnt really wow at the Senior Bowl, or at his pro day workouts. He subsequently fell. Its a very weak overall TE class, but I got Rucker as my top guy. I see him going in Round 3, some have him going as late as 5.

I also have him going in the 3rd. but I could maybe see him go late, late 2nd.....

justasportsfan
04-24-2008, 10:15 AM
jermichael finley is my favorite with carlson 2nd.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=48vkXUvLVR8

http://youtube.com/watch?v=s34hdT7DFwg&feature=related
look like he runs short routes very well that fits Trent