PDA

View Full Version : Don't be surprised

Bone
04-23-2008, 02:39 PM
Don't be surpised on saturday if we take James Hardy with #11 pick.

Mr. Miyagi
04-23-2008, 02:42 PM
I'd be EXTREMELY surprised.

No way in hell this happens.

Jayhawk
04-23-2008, 02:45 PM
won't happen

The Answer
04-23-2008, 02:47 PM

The Answer was just about to post something similar to this.

Right now I have Hardy as the #1 receiver on my draft board - this kid is definitely underrated and didn't get a lot of attention since he played at Indiana, but he did rack up over 1100 yards and 35 TD's in 3 seasons. Also he is 6'5 and definitely has the potential to be a TO/Randy Moss type of receiver in the NFL.

If we trade down, or he's there in the 2nd round I say we get him - but I wouldn't be shocked at #11 either.

~The Answer

Bone
04-23-2008, 02:53 PM
The Answer was just about to post something similar to this.

Right now I have Hardy as the #1 receiver on my draft board - this kid is definitely underrated and didn't get a lot of attention since he played at Indiana, but he did rack up over 1100 yards and 35 TD's in 3 seasons. Also he is 6'5 and definitely has the potential to be a TO/Randy Moss type of receiver in the NFL.

If we trade down, or he's there in the 2nd round I say we get him - but I wouldn't be shocked at #11 either.

~The Answer

Feel free to post something regarding or just pm and I'll just edit this one, you probably have more insight on him then I do.

Philagape
04-23-2008, 02:56 PM
ummm ... yeah I'll still be surprised

Bone
04-23-2008, 03:02 PM
Think about it Sweed and Kelly are injury prone. Devin Thomas could of just been a 1 year wonder.

James Hardy and he supposively had some character issues. It's also weird how Chris Brown posted that the Bills FO said there was no character issues with this guy.

bigbub2352
04-23-2008, 03:08 PM
way to early to pick someone with his charachter issues, that is a risk in a half, and if he doesnt turn out or gets in trouble, we r screwed, get the tall WR in the 5th 6th rd, DThomas at 11

PECKERWOOD
04-23-2008, 03:10 PM
I wouldn't be surprised at all.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=150792

Mad Max
04-23-2008, 03:30 PM
Although I hope we don't go WR in the 1st, if we do then Hardy would be ok by me as the selection. You can't teach 6-5 (some list him as 6-7...but let's err on the side of caution [reality]) and 4.47 .

Night Train
04-23-2008, 03:32 PM
With his off-field red flags, I seriously doubt it. It's possible he may not even be on the Bills board.

I'd take Sweed,Kelly or Thomas before him.

Mr. Miyagi
04-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Think about it Sweed and Kelly are injury prone. Devin Thomas could of just been a 1 year wonder.

James Hardy and he supposively had some character issues. It's also weird how Chris Brown posted that the Bills FO said there was no character issues with this guy.
Two words.

Smoke screen.

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2008, 03:37 PM
won't happen
What were you saying 2 years ago?

Night Train
04-23-2008, 03:37 PM

Injury prone is a pattern of constant injuries, like 3 or more in 4 years.

Sweed hurt his wrist once and is healing fine. For 2 1/2 years, he was a money player with the game on the line. Big plays all over his resume.

Kelly may have some minor issues but he's supposedly fine now. I don't care about that workout temper tantrum & I doubt the Bills do either.

Thomas may have more upside than all of them.

Hardy assaulted his girlfriend and then went after her kid. You think the Bills, OF ALL TEAMS, would turn a blind eye to that ?

PECKERWOOD
04-23-2008, 04:14 PM
Was anybody there when Hardy allegedly assaulted his gf and son? It's ok to be cautious about it, but please don't act like you really know what happened. Lynch was painted out to have character issues last year, don't believe everything you read.

Bone
04-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Injury prone is a pattern of constant injuries, like 3 or more in 4 years.

Sweed hurt his wrist once and is healing fine. For 2 1/2 years, he was a money player with the game on the line. Big plays all over his resume.

Kelly may have some minor issues but he's supposedly fine now. I don't care about that workout temper tantrum & I doubt the Bills do either.

Thomas may have more upside than all of them.

Hardy assaulted his girlfriend and then went after her kid. You think the Bills, OF ALL TEAMS, would turn a blind eye to that ?

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=3316

Tatonka
04-23-2008, 04:40 PM
i could live with it

X-Era
04-23-2008, 05:00 PM

From a physical standpoint, he has all you want. The Bills scouts have stated that they are satisfied with his character.

At 11 though?

SeatownBillsFan21
04-23-2008, 05:01 PM
No way that would be a shame

Bone
04-23-2008, 05:05 PM
From a physical standpoint, he has all you want. The Bills scouts have stated that they are satisfied with his character.

At 11 though?

It's just like the Donte Whitner pick, but only this year.

There is no gaurantee we can get him in the second round.

The Bills always take the guy they want, we should all know that by now.

X-Era
04-23-2008, 05:10 PM
It's just like the Donte Whitner pick, but only this year.

There is no gaurantee we can get him in the second round.

The Bills always take the guy they want, we should all know that by now.

Id be suprised if ANY of the following fall to 41:

Sweed
Thomas
Kelly
Hardy

I see a very siginficant drop off after those guys. I hope and :pray: we end up with one of those guys in day 1.

raphael120
04-23-2008, 05:16 PM
Didn't they do a write up about Marshawn Lynch and his character issues before the draft last year???

Marvelous
04-23-2008, 05:27 PM
im ok w/ this pick..i don't like any other wr's in the 1st..

Night Train
04-23-2008, 06:30 PM
Was anybody there when Hardy allegedly assaulted his gf and son? It's ok to be cautious about it, but please don't act like you really know what happened.

LOL ! OK.

Hardy was arrested and charged. He settled out of court and apologized to his team for his actions. He also was suspended from the team in 2006 for 2 games.

Lynch had a former girlfriend make accusations no one could corroborate.

Huge difference.

X-Era
04-23-2008, 06:42 PM
Didn't they do a write up about Marshawn Lynch and his character issues before the draft last year???

It was alleged crap. Many whoknew him said he was a great guy.

PECKERWOOD
04-23-2008, 06:46 PM
LOL ! OK.

Hardy was arrested and charged. He settled out of court and apologized to his team for his actions. He also was suspended from the team in 2006 for 2 games.

Lynch had a former girlfriend make accusations no one could corroborate.

Huge difference.

Was he convicted? Can you also tell us all why the charges were dropped? How come his GF is still with him? Why hasn't CPS taken his child away?

Oaf
04-23-2008, 07:06 PM
With his off-field red flags, I seriously doubt it. It's possible he may not even be on the Bills board.

Well the Bills DID say that his character did not affect his status on their board. CB has it in his blog, and the recent scout video on BB.com explicates the same thing. I can no longer decide between DT, Sweed, Kelly, and Hardy. I hope we find a way, trade down, trade up after Harvey, or just sit at 41, to get one of those four.

Confused
04-23-2008, 07:09 PM
so far as offeild issues go, we cant believe any scouting report on anyone. I for one blasted lynch as a gold toothed thug and turns out he;s a goofy mamma's boy.

Confused
04-23-2008, 07:11 PM
haRDY
sweed
tHOMAS
kELLY.

Marvelous
04-23-2008, 08:53 PM
haRDY
sweed
tHOMAS
kELLY.

-AGREED..

Does the LSU kid fit in there somewhere?
--I said Hardy is "OK" with me but i don't want any WR in the 1st...
--Isn't this a AWESOME draft to needa WR & get one in the 2nd who is worthy ? Ima thinking that's the case...Any of those WR's in the 2nd would make me very very happy with our day 1. Assuming we don't blow our 1st. But i can't think of any way of blowing our 1st unless we take one of the mentioned WR's..The Gators DE wouldn't even piss me off. Although i disagree with it, i wouldn't be upset. Schobel,Kelsay,Denney & GatorRookie = Happy Bills fan>! :)
--Reminder--When Ryan Denney gets his super hungry mode he is a force & changes the whole game..Problem is that only happens twice a year. 2 games of elite play doesn't cut it, but i welcome the depth he provides. Welcome w/a smile & consider him worthy of a future jersey(ebay though) ;)

---Im so amped for the draft. Even the NFL frakkin it up for us diehards who loved all day saturdays & sundays.. 3pm start freakin blows. But day 2 is gonna rock..
--I'm DVR-ing it. NFLN & ESPN/Kiper. Should i be concerned about my geekism for DVRing the draft>? i'll keep that on the DL from my local buds...

Bone
04-23-2008, 09:08 PM
geekism :rofl:

Marvelous
04-25-2008, 08:41 PM
geekism :rofl:
:lol: