PDA

View Full Version : An interesting flashback!

X-Era
04-23-2008, 05:20 PM
Heres the analysis (pre-draft) for this WR prospect from a previous draft, from a certain well known site:

Positives: Good size. Long arms and big, soft hands. Terrific athlete. Great body control. Smooth as silk. Plays much faster than he times. Exceptional playing speed. Can get deep and make a big play. Will generally catch in traffic. Can make the circus catches. Has some shake-and-bake and run after the catch. Improved by leaps and bounds in one year. Should only get better with experience. Had a great week at the Senior Bowl. Seemed to improve every day. Also was impressive catching the ball at the Combine.
Negatives:Green as grass. Basically spent one semester practicing and playing in a major college system. Can be a lackadaisical route-runner. Must learn how to read and adjust to coverages. Ran a very disappointing set of times at the Combine. Looks like a burner on tape, but he was a high 4.5 guy at the Combine and did not jump well either. Lacks concentration and focus. Drops a lot of passes for a player with really exceptional hands and pass-catching skills because he does not concentrate on the ball until he has secured it. At times, seems to march to the beat of a different drummer and likes to do things his own way.
Summary: Great upside, high-risk (for where he will be drafted) player who will need a lot of development and refinement, but he can be an impact player. In one week at the Senior Bowl, he went from a middle-of-the-pack receiver to a an upper-echelon prospect. Was hurt by the Combine times, but he can redeem himself by running better before the draft.

Two questions:

1) What current WR prospect does this sound like? to me its Devin Thomas especially, maybe Malcolm Kelly
2) Who is this analysis for? What current NFL player? If you can be the first correctly tell me, I will give you 1K in zonebucks

Mitchell55
04-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Heres the analysis (pre-draft) for this WR prospect from a previous draft, from a certain well known site:

Positives: Good size. Long arms and big, soft hands. Terrific athlete. Great body control. Smooth as silk. Plays much faster than he times. Exceptional playing speed. Can get deep and make a big play. Will generally catch in traffic. Can make the circus catches. Has some shake-and-bake and run after the catch. Improved by leaps and bounds in one year. Should only get better with experience. Had a great week at the Senior Bowl. Seemed to improve every day. Also was impressive catching the ball at the Combine.
Negatives:Green as grass. Basically spent one semester practicing and playing in a major college system. Can be a lackadaisical route-runner. Must learn how to read and adjust to coverages. Ran a very disappointing set of times at the Combine. Looks like a burner on tape, but he was a high 4.5 guy at the Combine and did not jump well either. Lacks concentration and focus. Drops a lot of passes for a player with really exceptional hands and pass-catching skills because he does not concentrate on the ball until he has secured it. At times, seems to march to the beat of a different drummer and likes to do things his own way.
Summary: Great upside, high-risk (for where he will be drafted) player who will need a lot of development and refinement, but he can be an impact player. In one week at the Senior Bowl, he went from a middle-of-the-pack receiver to a an upper-echelon prospect. Was hurt by the Combine times, but he can redeem himself by running better before the draft.

Two questions:

1) What current WR prospect does this sound like? to me its Devin Thomas especially, maybe Malcolm Kelly
2) Who is this analysis for? What current NFL player? If you can be the first correctly tell me, I will give you 1K in zonebucks

I know the answer but I cheated.

X-Era
04-23-2008, 05:38 PM
I know the answer but I cheated.
How?

Devin
04-23-2008, 06:01 PM
google lol

shelby
04-23-2008, 06:10 PM
i cheated too:gag:

Bone
04-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Chad Johnson

Mitchell55
04-23-2008, 06:19 PM
Copy the Scouting report and it shows were it came from. If you didnt cheat, congrats Mitch 20.

X-Era
04-23-2008, 06:39 PM
Chad Johnson

OK, I thought that would be fun, guess not.

Anyways, its interesting how a guy who was green as the hills a.l.a. Devin Thomas hasbecome one of the best WR's in the league. Also, his 4.5 40 suggests 40 time is not necessarily critical.

Anyways, Im a man of my word, 1K headed your way.

Mitchell55
04-23-2008, 06:42 PM
OK, I thought that would be fun, guess not.

Anyways, its interesting how a guy who was green as the hills a.l.a. Devin Thomas hasbecome one of the best WR's in the league. Also, his 4.5 40 suggests 40 time is not necessarily critical.

Anyways, Im a man of my word, 1K headed your way.

Dont mean to sound stupid, but what are Zone Bucks.

X-Era
04-23-2008, 06:44 PM
Check the top of the BillsZone menu's, one will say ZB Store. Thats short for Zone Bucks. With enough bucks you can pruchase various things. Click on ZB Store and see where it takes you.

Devin
04-23-2008, 07:11 PM

Zonebucks are like real money only not.

shelby
04-23-2008, 07:44 PM
Devin's just mad because he once tried to pay a hooker with Zonebux.
:cynic:

X-Era
04-23-2008, 08:11 PM
:cynic:

Dumb question:

Did you go from MOD to Admin? recently? :clap:

Michael82
04-24-2008, 12:48 AM
Dumb question:

Did you go from MOD to Admin? recently? :clap:
yeah, it was that damn Women's rights movement. Apparently we needed to have a female in one of the admin positions or get sued. :snicker:

clumping platelets
04-24-2008, 02:27 AM
Is she qualified? :scratch:

casdhf
04-24-2008, 05:47 AM
yeah, it was that damn Women's rights movement. Apparently we needed to have a female in one of the admin positions or get sued. :snicker: Careful. She owns your ass now.

Ickybaluky
04-24-2008, 07:32 AM

That only works with virtual sex.