PDA

View Full Version : Your Personal Best/Worst Case Scenario

patmoran2006
04-23-2008, 07:00 PM
For me (and there are a lot of good cases, but this is my personal one)
My best case scenario is to trade down with Philly, maybe have to throw in a 5th, and land Lito Sheppard.

That would give us our #1 corner, move Greer into a nickel role and with the 19th pick we'd still end up with Limas Sweed, and Malcom Kelly at worse.

My worst case scenario is standing pat with the 11th pick and drafting a cornerback. Sorry, and I respect the cases made for taking a DRC or Jenkins (MCKelvin will be gone)--but I just dont buy it. Most corners, Reevis aside, take at least 2 years before you see results.. And to me this is a team that if they make a couple of moves/picks/trades/ and get guys that will contribute big time from day one like Lynch did last year, they can contend in 2008..

Confused
04-23-2008, 07:02 PM
James Hard @ a9 would make Hoofy real real happy. I dont want drc.

patmoran2006
04-23-2008, 07:07 PM
James Hardy at 11????????????????????????

I'm not even sure he'll go before 35-40

X-Era
04-23-2008, 07:08 PM
For me (and there are a lot of good cases, but this is my personal one)
My best case scenario is to trade down with Philly, maybe have to throw in a 5th, and land Lito Sheppard.

That would give us our #1 corner, move Greer into a nickel role and with the 19th pick we'd still end up with Limas Sweed, and Malcom Kelly at worse.

My worst case scenario is standing pat with the 11th pick and drafting a cornerback. Sorry, and I respect the cases made for taking a DRC or Jenkins (MCKelvin will be gone)--but I just dont buy it. Most corners, Reevis aside, take at least 2 years before you see results.. And to me this is a team that if they make a couple of moves/picks/trades/ and get guys that will contribute big time from day one like Lynch did last year, they can contend in 2008..

Best version:

Draft DRC and trade for Roy Williams

Wosrt version:

Draft Mike Jenkins and Jordy Nelson

Might Just happen:

Draft DRC and Malcolm Kelly at 41

Realistic chance:

Draft Harvey and Hardy at 41

Scumbag College
04-23-2008, 07:48 PM
Worst case: The Bills go with CB or DE at #11, then there is a run on the big WRs in the late first-early second rounds and the Bills either panic and trade up, reach with their second pick, or figure they'll just get whomever in the third or fourth round and Josh Reed is your opening day starter at #2 receiver.

Best case: Trade down a few picks, pick up an extra third, and pick Sweed (my favorite WR in the draft and the WR whom is the most NFL ready IMO.) Then with three picks in rounds 2 and 3, in any order:

TE that can start from Day 1. (Not really a huge task looking at current TEs on the roster.)

CB to compete this year for the 3rd or 4th spot.

DE who can rotate in and contribute.

gil
04-23-2008, 07:49 PM
best case - draft Harvey at 11, trade back up for a Sweed/Kelly...

worst case, I'm with you Pat, please no CB at 11...

B-DON
04-23-2008, 07:50 PM
Best- SKOOBS posts improve
worst- drafting a wr at #11(to high)

Dr. Lecter
04-23-2008, 08:00 PM
best case - draft Harvey at 11, trade back up for a Sweed/Kelly...

worst case, I'm with you Pat, please no CB at 11...

Your best case is my worst case......

gil
04-23-2008, 08:12 PM
Your best case is my worst case......

Yeah, to be honest I don't know a heck of a lot about the players not having watched a lot of college football.

I would like more from the DE position and I hear Harvey is highly rated, but I'd also like more of a "sure thing" at WR - it could work out terribly, I have no idea.

I thought for a while last year that CB was the biggest issue given NE's passing game, but given what the NYG did, I just want more of an upgrade at DE.

Dr. Lecter
04-23-2008, 08:19 PM
I really think the pass rush will be greatly improved with the addition of Mitchell, Stroud, Johnson, more play from McCargo, the return of Poz and better DBs that allow the ends to be more aggressive.

Or at least I hope. I know they need a WR or CB regardless. DE is a maybe.

My best case is to trade down, get Thomas in the first, King in the 2nd and Bennett in the 3rd or via trade back up to the 2nd.

OpIv37
04-23-2008, 08:32 PM
DRC or failing to get a 1st day WR is worst case.

Best case- I agree with patmoran- trade for Sheppard and use a later 1st round pick on a WR.

raphael120
04-23-2008, 08:32 PM
Best case = trade down, get the best WR in the late first, and a CB and TE with the next two picks.

Worst case = picking our WR in the second (by that time the big 4 WR's will be gone and we'll be dealing with second tier talent, and we clearly need tier 1 talent)

WR is our need and we have a shot at nabbing one of the best WRs in the draft. Passing it up would be stupid in my eyes unless we have a plan to trade back into the first round and pick up Sweed, Hardy, or Kelly.

Was listening to the WGR roundtable today and I forget who said it but I totally agree with him...we've been waiting for the next Jim Kelly for over 10 years now and I think what we need to do is give Trent Edwards everything he needs to succeed which means getting him that WR thats tall, and is a red zone threat and also a playmaking TE who will stretch the defense. We need to build around Edwards, Lynch and our Oline, and once we get our WR and TE I think we'll be a middle of the pack offense instead of being dead last year in and year out.

We stocked our defense fairly well and our offense is still depleted talent wise...we can't just grab a CB with the 11th overall and hope we can still luck out and get a good #2 WR in the second round.

Lee Evans was 13th overall I believe, and look at how good he is. I believe in our scouting staff to pick a WR at 11 and pick the one that is definitely worthy of that pick. Another reason why I want a top tier WR is because who really knows if we're going to resign Evans...number 1, will we be able to pay him enough, and number 2, does he even WANT to be here???

So I think drafting a WR at 11 is imperative because those 2 reasons....the need and the insurance in case Evans leaves after this year.

If we pick CB im going to walk over to Radio City and ***** slap Jauron.

Patti120
04-23-2008, 08:36 PM
For some reason I have a feeling that we will take a CB at 11. I am not the biggest fan of this...just a feeling.

Pinkerton Security
04-23-2008, 08:36 PM
best = getting any starting caliber WR

worst = not

Confused
04-23-2008, 09:42 PM
HArdy or sweed @ 11. best case
worst either thomas @ 11 or a cb, particularly DRC.

yordad
04-23-2008, 10:02 PM
Best case staying put..
1- DRC
2- Hardy, Sweed, Kelly
I put Sweed ahead by a hair if our docs are 100% sure his wrist will be 100%. This is basically assuming Thomas is gone, because he is a first rounder in like every single mock.

Worst? Isn't there like 10000 scenarios? OK, does something like cut it (?)...
1 Phillip Merling or Branden Albert
2 Highsmith or Bowman or Dexter Jackson or Dre Moore

Not staying put? Isn't there like 10000 scenarios? Ok, yours sounds good. Our first to the Eagles for Lito, draft Thomas or Sweed. And, I'll add a trade of our second to NY for Shockey for good measure.

PECKERWOOD
04-23-2008, 10:03 PM

Negative, blue team leader.

coastal
04-23-2008, 10:28 PM
best case: trade down with Lions and select Devin Thomas, Reggie Smith in the 2nd, Darrell Robertson in the 3rd, Kellen Davis in the 3rd.

worst case: DRC, trade up Malcom Kelly.

ScottLawrence
04-24-2008, 09:21 AM
Best Case: Draft Harvey at 11 and some how land Hardy as well.

Worst Case: Drafting a CB with our first rounder.

patmoran2006
04-24-2008, 09:22 AM
Best- SKOOBS posts improve
worst- drafting a wr at #11(to high)
hahah. I didnt even have to say it!

RockStar36
04-24-2008, 09:25 AM
My best case: Swap picks with Philly for Lito Sheppard. Draft Devin Thomas at 19. Take a TE in the 2nd round.

alohabillsfan
04-24-2008, 09:29 AM
Best case... Trading our 11 for Roy Williams, then
2nd Rd TE Bennett
3rd RD CB Bowman

Worst Case Drafting WR at 11

Jan Reimers
04-24-2008, 09:35 AM
Best Case:

1 - Devin Thomas, WR
2 - Martellus Bennett, TE
3 - Jordy Nelson, WR
4(a) - Antwaun Molden, CB
4(b) - Bruce Davis, DE

Worst Case: Any scenario where we don't take 2 WRs and a TE with our first 3 picks.

kernowboy
04-24-2008, 09:36 AM
Hardy will not fall past No24. Of all the WRs he is the one with the best production (36TDs in 33 games) not a one season guy like Thomas (1260yds in 2007, 90yds in 2006 despite playing 10games) or an injury risk like Sweed or Kelly.

Hardy has the best production of all of them over 3 years, and his character flag was at least 2years ago - he has been a model citizen since then.

The trade down will occur with the Chiefs. If they draft Gholston at No5 to replace Allen then they still need a LT and can get Clady at No11 ahead of the Broncos. If they reach for Albert or Clady at No5, they still need a DE and can move up for Derrick Harvey ahead of the Panthers and Lions

At No17 we won't really be reaching for Hardy and can also grab their first R3 pick (they have 3)

At No66, there will still be plenty of TEs, CBs and DTs available depending what way we go in R2, and we still have an additional pick at No71.

We might even be able to get a R4 if we slide another 4-5 places in R1 but if not I'd be happy with

No17 James Hardy WR
No41 Dre Moore DT/DE
No66 Tyvon Branch CB
No71 John Carlson TE

DraftBoy
04-24-2008, 09:40 AM
Best Case-1. DRC 2. Sweed
Worst Case-Drafting DeSean Jackson

Mahdi
04-24-2008, 09:53 AM

I think James Hardy could end up being the top WR production wise out of this WR class.... I wouldnt be upset about him at #11 if the Bills believe he is their guy. Whats not to like?

He's almost 6'6, ran a 4.47 at the combine and from what i have seen of him he has excellent body control, especially in the redzone.

Sure he made some mistakes in life but that doesnt mean he is a bad apple.

baalworship
04-24-2008, 11:28 AM
Best Case: Draft Brandon Albert or Derrick Harvey in 1st, trade back into last 1st and get big WR.

Worst Case: Drafting DRC. Say no to DRC.

patmoran2006
04-24-2008, 11:33 AM
My best case: Swap picks with Philly for Lito Sheppard. Draft Devin Thomas at 19. Take a TE in the 2nd round.
almost seems too good to be true, doesnt it?

superbills
04-24-2008, 11:43 AM
Best case = trade down, get the best WR in the late first, and a CB and TE with the next two picks.

Worst case = picking our WR in the second (by that time the big 4 WR's will be gone and we'll be dealing with second tier talent, and we clearly need tier 1 talent)

WR is our need and we have a shot at nabbing one of the best WRs in the draft. Passing it up would be stupid in my eyes unless we have a plan to trade back into the first round and pick up Sweed, Hardy, or Kelly.

Was listening to the WGR roundtable today and I forget who said it but I totally agree with him...we've been waiting for the next Jim Kelly for over 10 years now and I think what we need to do is give Trent Edwards everything he needs to succeed which means getting him that WR thats tall, and is a red zone threat and also a playmaking TE who will stretch the defense. We need to build around Edwards, Lynch and our Oline, and once we get our WR and TE I think we'll be a middle of the pack offense instead of being dead last year in and year out.

We stocked our defense fairly well and our offense is still depleted talent wise...we can't just grab a CB with the 11th overall and hope we can still luck out and get a good #2 WR in the second round.

Lee Evans was 13th overall I believe, and look at how good he is. I believe in our scouting staff to pick a WR at 11 and pick the one that is definitely worthy of that pick. Another reason why I want a top tier WR is because who really knows if we're going to resign Evans...number 1, will we be able to pay him enough, and number 2, does he even WANT to be here???

So I think drafting a WR at 11 is imperative because those 2 reasons....the need and the insurance in case Evans leaves after this year.

If we pick CB im going to walk over to Radio City and ***** slap Jauron.

So, to complete the Jim Kelly analogy... you're saying that we're looking for our James Lofton and Pete Metzelaars to complement our Andre Reed? :up:

kernowboy
04-24-2008, 12:14 PM
almost seems too good to be true, doesnt it?

Not sure an injury prone CB on a big contract is desired.

Neither a one-season wonder at WR when there are others with significant more production that Thomas has.

Hardy has more yardage, catches and TDs than Thomas or Sweed despite playing in fewer college games and has actually more TDs than Thomas and Sweed combined. Thomas had a superb 2007 but only marginally better than Hardy but his 2006 was pathetic unlike Hardy's.

I think a Chiefs trade more likely and if we get their No66 then we are in a very good position.

At TE I don't see anything really between Davis, Bennett, Rucker and Carlson and don't think we need to spend a R2 on one when we can easily get a player of equal quality in R3.

I would rather see the R2 pick spent on a position where there is a significant drop off in talent, such as on the DL especially as Stroud, Kelsay, Denney, and McCargo all carry injury flags. A nightmare scenario starting line of Schobel-Jefferson-Williams-Johnson is too awful to consider.

bigbub2352
04-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Best case scenario, we swap firsts with philly, get lito shepard and take Devint THomas at 19, Bennett at 41, and with our first pick in the 4th get Schmitt

Worst case scenario, we draft DRC at 11, and we draft Hardy at 41

kernowboy
04-24-2008, 12:49 PM
Here are some facts

Hardy has 16 more TDs, 73 more catches, 766 more yds and 2 out of 3 years better production than Thomas despite playing in 1 fewer games.

In 2007, Thomas and Hardy had the same number of catches (79) and whilst Thomas had 135yds more (1260 to 1125) , Hardy had 8 more TDs (16 to 8)

In 2006, both played the same number of games (10) but Hardy had 45 more catches (51 to 6), 682 yds more (772 to 90) and 9 TDs more (10 to 1)

In 2005, Thomas played 1 more game (11 to 10) but Hardy had 29 more catches (62 to 33), 219 more yds (893 to 674) and 5 more TDs (10 to 5)

Please explain the huge desire to over reach for a one season wonder?

bigbub2352
04-24-2008, 01:03 PM
Here are some facts

Hardy has 16 more TDs, 73 more catches, 766 more yds and 2 out of 3 years better production than Thomas despite playing in 1 fewer games.

In 2007, Thomas and Hardy had the same number of catches (79) and whilst Thomas had 135yds more (1260 to 1125) , Hardy had 8 more TDs (16 to 8)

In 2006, both played the same number of games (10) but Hardy had 45 more catches (51 to 6), 682 yds more (772 to 90) and 9 TDs more (10 to 1)

In 2005, Thomas played 1 more game (11 to 10) but Hardy had 29 more catches (62 to 33), 219 more yds (893 to 674) and 5 more TDs (10 to 5)

Please explain the huge desire to over reach for a one season wonder?

Devin Thomas looks more the part of an NFL WR, and Hardy with his charachter issues reminds me alot of Mike Williams WR USC, also a knock on Hardy is he is easily shutdown, in big games and against better college CBs he was ineffective, Devin Thomas had 2,590 all purpose yards in one year

Personally i just like DThomas more than Hardy, but others mite say the charachter issues

Mahdi
04-24-2008, 01:14 PM
The idea of drafting Hardy is growing on me for ONE reason.... Redzone production. How many times did the Bills get inside the 10 and then settle for a FG???

Hardy would force defenses to respect his side of the field and open things up for Lynch and Evans.

Jan Reimers
04-24-2008, 01:26 PM
Not that it means much, but the draft guides I've seen rank Thomas - and usually Kelly, Sweed and others - ahead of Hardy.

kernowboy
04-24-2008, 01:30 PM
Devin Thomas looks more the part of an NFL WR, and Hardy with his charachter issues reminds me alot of Mike Williams WR USC, also a knock on Hardy is he is easily shutdown, in big games and against better college CBs he was ineffective, Devin Thomas had 2,590 all purpose yards in one year

Personally i just like DThomas more than Hardy, but others mite say the charachter issues

Hardy's character issues was he was suspended in 2006 for two games for domestic assault though the charges were dropped. He still gained 682yds more, caught 45 more balls, and scored 9 more TDs than Thomas did in that year. What was Thomas's excuse?

Mike Williams character issues was that he missed an entire year of college due to signing with an agent and then not allowed to go in the draft.

Thomas has had one year of production and I don't recall the exceptional Spartans receving corps of 2005 and 2006 who kept him off the field. Thomas might have great all round yardage but do we really want our No2 WR as a PR/KR and don't we already have one of the leagues best in Parrish and a none too shabby returner in McGee?

All Hardy has done is produce, and produce, and produce and produce some more, and he is also an awesome redzone target.

patmoran2006
04-24-2008, 01:36 PM
Not sure an injury prone CB on a big contract is desired.

Neither a one-season wonder at WR when there are others with significant more production that Thomas has.

Hardy has more yardage, catches and TDs than Thomas or Sweed despite playing in fewer college games and has actually more TDs than Thomas and Sweed combined. Thomas had a superb 2007 but only marginally better than Hardy but his 2006 was pathetic unlike Hardy's.

I think a Chiefs trade more likely and if we get their No66 then we are in a very good position.

At TE I don't see anything really between Davis, Bennett, Rucker and Carlson and don't think we need to spend a R2 on one when we can easily get a player of equal quality in R3.

I would rather see the R2 pick spent on a position where there is a significant drop off in talent, such as on the DL especially as Stroud, Kelsay, Denney, and McCargo all carry injury flags. A nightmare scenario starting line of Schobel-Jefferson-Williams-Johnson is too awful to consider.
you can stop right there after the very first sentence.

If the cost of acquiring an "injury prone" CB is moving down 6 spots in the draft, then it's a no-brainer to do so.

If Hardy is as great as you think he is, they can still get him.. easily at 19, and come back with D-Line help in the 2nd and a TE in the 3rd, or vice versa.

personally.. For all his size and abilities, at least according to you, Hardy should be a Top 5 overall pick.

Sorry. I'll take Limas Sweed at 17. Or 11.. Or 19. or 25.. or 41. All before hardy