Does anyone think that the bills still have weaknesses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jchild178
    • Mar 2003

Does anyone think that the bills still have weaknesses?

1.) God forbid travis henry goes down!...Enough said!!

2.) God forbid Drew goes down...i like vanpelt but it seems like he has no arm strength and no zip on the ball, what im saying is that i dont have alot of faith in him...maybe im wrong

3.) We have blocking TE's but where's the pass catching one? Correct me if im wrong but isnt it good to have at least one good pass catching TE?!

4.) I sure hope Trey Teague can stay healthy! I'de kinda like to see us have more depth in that area.

5.) I can barely think of any weaknesses on Defense but if i had to say one it would probably be at DE but i personally feel that's going to be taken care of in this years draft

Maybe theres more areas that we could improve on but these are the only ones that came to my mind, let me know what you guys think!
  • Schobel94
    The Sack Master
    • Jan 2003

You can say those things to most of the teams. What if Ricky Williams went down? Or Peyton Manning, or Chad Pennington? Or Ladanian Tomlinson? Those teams would be screwed! The best thing we can do is provide good depth, add an RB, draft or sign a competent backup at guard or center. As for starters, we could use a pass rushing DE to at least play on passing downs. I agree we need a pass catching TE, someone who can get open upfield. I say we draft Dallas Clark, but I doubt he will be there at our 2nd pick, if he is we better snag him.
    Beware the sack master!

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
      Expert on Experts
      • Jul 2002

our biggest weakness in terms of starting is the safety position..wire still has a lot to learn and prileau just isnt that good..reese isn't anything special either. I really think safety is the weakest position on the team.

in terms of depth, the most important is getting another RB. It would be nice to add WR, OL as well, possibly others, but im not worried about those as much. Injuries will hurt any team.

personally, I think AVP is the perfect backup QB. He knows his role is a backup, he prepares well, he is halfway decent. cant ask for too much more without a QB controversy these days.

Comment

• BillsMan80
        Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
        • Jul 2002

For everyone who seems comfortable at RB, I am pretty suprised. If Travis goes down, it's over to put it bluntly unless we get someone to carry the load. We are looking for depth now, and in the case of our draft position, we are looking for depth. Anyone we draft will not be starting, and that's pretty much a sure thing. The lack of depth at RB is scary. Sammy Morris? Joe Burns? Would any of you trust them to carry the rock for a 4+ game stretch if Travis went down? God no, I wouldn't. RB is a position that must be addressed, and that is the position I think we need to stress. RB has the least amount of depth on this team.

QB-We have AVP who we have some confidence in
        RB-Nothing
        FB-Crosby is fine
        WR-Needs some depth
        TE-Ok, but could use an upgrade
        OT-Fine here
        OG-Needs some depth
        OC-Backup needed

DT-Fine here
        DE-Fine here, only question mark is Denney, but we can't give up on him yet
        OLB-Some depth couldn't hurt
        ILB-Spoon returns
        CB-Good depth here
        S-Some work wouldn't hurt.

RB is our biggest glaring weakness.
        The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
        THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

you seem to forget that sammy morris has done ok for a short stint as the starter, two years ago..

i am not saying that we shouldnt draft someone.. but i have confidence that morris would be ok for a few games..
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• BillsMan80
            • Jul 2002

I don't. He showed a little in a stretch of 2 or so games, but hasn't done squat since. Sammy Morris is a better FB too IMO and is more of a ST/FB type IMO. Not really a RB.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
              Sab and TD are insignificant
              • Sep 2002

Sammy Morris looked good to me too - he won't be a permanent fix, but he's enough of a threat to make the opposing D play us honest.
              www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• jchild178
                • Mar 2003

would you guys take McGahee with our first round pick in the draft?

Comment

• RedEyE
                  • Jul 2002

Morris is a fine back up. The way some of you are talking you would have us think that Henry is going to sustain a career ending injury this season. I like little Joe Burns too. he showed promise last pre-season. BTW, Bryson is still recovering from his knee surgery and won't be making the Lions 1st camp. The Bills dumped him for a reason.

Comment

• HenryRules
                    • Jul 2002

We don't need a backup just in case Henry gets injured ... if we're going to a power running game like everyone assumes, we need a backup running back who can carry the ball 4 or 5 times a game.

Our coaches don't want that guy to be Sammy Morris that's why he didn't get more than 5 carries all year last year. So regardless of whether we feel he's a capable backup, we need someone else.

Comment

• Stewie
                      Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                      • Aug 2002

Originally posted by BillsMan80
                      Sammy Morris? Joe Burns? Would any of you trust them to carry the rock for a 4+ game stretch if Travis went down? God no, I wouldn't. RB is a position that must be addressed, and that is the position I think we need to stress. RB has the least amount of depth on this team.
                      RB is our biggest glaring weakness.
                      Why does no one remember that Sammy Morris played decently in 2000 when he actually got an opportunity?

He had a 3.7 yard average with 5 TD's in 9 starts (rookie yr)

Travis had a 3.4 yard average with 4TD's in 13 starts (rookie yr)

Sammy Morris is a good back. He'll be fine if someone just gives him the damn ball....
                      Originally posted by Topdog
                      Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                      Originally posted by mercyrule
                      I love Weiner.
                      also cheese

Comment

• BillsMan80
                        • Jul 2002

Sammy Morris is an average backup, but a below average starter. Please...Morris has no where near the ability of Travis. Morris cannot carry the load should Travis go down.

Comment

• Stewie
                          Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                          • Aug 2002

I didn't mean to imply Morris is as good as Henry, I don't think he is. But he can put out decent numbers in spot duty.
                          Originally posted by Topdog
                          Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                          I love Weiner.
                          also cheese

Comment

• Dozerdog
                            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jchild178
                            would you guys take McGahee with our first round pick in the draft?
                            NOPE

Comment

• XNOUGHT
                              • Mar 2003

Special teams.
                              Coaching

You guys lost Charlie Rogers, dotn have a respectable kicker, and gave up a few long TD's in the passing game. That needs improvement,

Coaching.......39 yards line......punt.
                              I'm lost.

Comment

Working...
                              X