PDA

View Full Version : McShay's 7 Round Mock Draft

Ed
04-23-2008, 08:01 PM
Didn't see this posted, but espn.com has a free insider preview of Todd McShay's complete mock draft.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/insider/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&page=mcshaymock0423&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2fdraft08%2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist%3dmcshay_todd%26page%3dmcshaymock0423

I love the Tommy Blake pick in the 7th. I don't know about the rest.

Slim
04-23-2008, 08:07 PM
I'd Love Thomas, King, Blake,and Bowman in the 7th. I don't know much about Thompson

Dr. Lecter
04-23-2008, 08:15 PM
Blake would be great in the 7th.

But I would take Hester with 251 if he is sitting there.

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-23-2008, 09:19 PM
underwellming to say the least. I like the Thomas pick I think, but I would rather see us go with Keller in the second then come back with a corner in the third. I would also take Bowman in the 7th without question.

The Spaz
04-23-2008, 10:12 PM
That is actually a pretty damn good draft.

clumping platelets
04-23-2008, 10:14 PM
:down:

raphael120
04-23-2008, 10:19 PM
Blake arrived at Texas Christian as a running back in 2003 and redshirted his first year. He was moved to defensive end, where he appeared in 39 games over the next three seasons (2004-'06), registering 134 tackles (36.5 for losses) and 19 sacks. As a senior, he played eight games (seven starts) and finished the season with 21 tackles (eight for losses) and four sacks. Blake left the team during the 2007 season for several games for personal reasons. Blake looked like a premiere undersized defensive end/rush-linebacker prospect with excellent speed and a non-stop motor following his junior season. Unfortunately, Blake is dealing with a mental condition that has  among other things  severely impaired his ability to play the game of football. For obvious reasons, Blake's NFL draft stock has plummeted to the final few rounds -- and there's a good chance he is not selected at

dude has a mental condition???

Dr. Lecter
04-23-2008, 10:20 PM
Yes, but is a great talent. Well worth a 7th round pick.

Devin
04-23-2008, 10:21 PM
Ive had Tommy Blake in my Bills mock for months, hes had rumored mental problems (specifically bipolar disorder) however he has the talent of a 1st or 2nd round DE. An absolute terror off the edge.

Ultimatley his draft stock is almost entirley based on his condition and whether or not a coaching staff will take a chance on him. But the guy has all the tools and ability in the world.

clumping platelets
04-23-2008, 10:25 PM
I do not like that draft

Devin
04-23-2008, 10:26 PM
1. Devin Thomas, WR
2. Justin King, CB
3. Jeremy Thompson, DE
4. Martin Rucker, TE
4. Simeon Castille, S
5. Kory Lichtensteiger, C
6. Mackenzy Bernadeau, OG
7. Adarius Bowman, WR
7. Tommy Blake, DE
7. Adam Bishop, TE

For the lazy people!

My stance on Defense in the 1st hasnt changed. However I could live with this. In fact the only pick I dont like is the 3rd. Not that its a bad pick, just felt there is better talent on the board at other positions.

But by and large I could live with that. Now hopefully we draft Harvey :D

coastal
04-23-2008, 10:53 PM
King and Thompson over R. Smith and D. Robertson?

Ok?

The Spaz
04-23-2008, 11:08 PM
:down:

Sorry but it's better than the mock drafts you have been in...lol:D:

clumping platelets
04-23-2008, 11:13 PM
I disagree :mad:

Tatonka
04-23-2008, 11:39 PM
i dont like king in the 2nd. he is an underperformer. he was expected to be a premier CB coming out of highschool and never lived up to it at penn state.. he was good but not great. ask any penn state fan.

other than that though, i love the draft.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-24-2008, 08:25 AM
This is not a bad draft overall, although he has the Bills going with a lot of "boom-or-bust" prospects--I would make some changes, myself, but, if I had to, I wouldn't mind it with one HUGE exception:

The only pick that I absolutely, completely and totally disagree with is taking King over Cason. King has a lot of athletic talent, but has underperformed--Hardy absolutely ate him up. Cason, on the other hand, would have been one of the top CBs had he come out last year and has played the T-2. No way that I pass up Cason for King.

As for the changes that I would make:

I can live with the Thompson pick only because he has the Bills taking Rucker in the 4th round (I'm not sold on Cottam, but he would be the choice if the Bills were not getting Rucker later), but, if the Bills were to go that route, I would rather see them take Red Bryant from Texas A & M (Spencer Johnson could then be used like Hargrove, mostly rotating in at DE and at DT on passing downs). Especially with him having them getting Tommy Blake later on.

And, while I could live with the Bills taking Bowman in the 7th round, with his arrest for pot, I doubt that they would take him. Personally, I would rather see them use that pick on Marcus Monk--who I think the Bills might take over Bowman as well.

With my changes, it would look like this:

1. Devin Thomas, WR
2. Antoine Cason, CB
3. Red Bryant, DT
4. Martin Rucker, TE
4. Simeon Castille, S
5. Kory Lichtensteiger, C
6. Mackenzy Bernadeau, OG
7. Marcus Monk, WR
7. Tommy Blake, DE
7. Adam Bishop, TE

Luisito23
04-24-2008, 08:28 AM
I hate this draft too :clump:........:tricycle: :moon: :poop:

DraftBoy
04-24-2008, 08:33 AM
dude has a mental condition???

He deals with anxiety disorder along with possible bi-polar condition. All is completely controllable as long as he is on his medicine.

Jan Reimers
04-24-2008, 08:35 AM
I think Terrell Thomas would be a better pick than King in the 2nd round, and Thompson and Castille could probably be had a little later. Actually, I would take the best available DT with the Castille pick.

Not a bad draft, though.

Luisito23
04-24-2008, 08:36 AM
He deals with anxiety disorder along with possible bi-polar condition. All is completely controllable as long as he is on his medicine.

Nothing that should give teams 2nd. thoughts about getting him....

DraftBoy
04-24-2008, 08:38 AM
Nothing that should give teams 2nd. thoughts about getting him....

Absolutely nothing, I promise you that every single one of us knows at least three to four people who deal with anxiety/stress disorder and we dont even know it. That's how little it can affect a person if medicated properly.

Dr. Lecter
04-24-2008, 08:39 AM
I agree. All they would need to do is make sure there is a contract clause requiring he take his meds as a CYA.

He is talented and would be a great steal if he keeps himself healthy.

Jan Reimers
04-24-2008, 08:40 AM
Our youngest daughter is bi-polar, and she is just fine on medication.

DraftBoy
04-24-2008, 08:43 AM
Our youngest daughter is bi-polar, and she is just fine on medication.

I am a diagnosed stress/anxiety disorder patient and I am also fine on my medication. I lead a normal life and work at a very high stress job. I also have dealt with depression, like I said this is not at all a huge deal, and Im really a fan of this kid now.

BlackMetalNinja
04-24-2008, 09:55 AM
Thanks for posting the picks Devin, the free Insider preview is gone now so I couldn't check it out myself.

TigerJ
04-24-2008, 10:15 AM
Yes, they are controllable, but the story is not quite that simple. There are a variety of drugs that are used to control bipolar disorder, but sometimes a specific drug regimen stops working the way they should. It may take a period of months of experimentation to find a new combination that is going to work. Also, many of the drugs have significant side effects including greatly increased appetite and weight gain. Children with bipolar often gain so much weight on the most frequently prescribed bipolar medication they become diabetic. We are trying to cope with our adopted daughter's reaction to that medication now. I'm glad your daughter is doing well, Jan, but side effects are unpredictable. Not everyone has the same experience.

Marvelous
04-24-2008, 08:32 PM
No way. I don't want a player with bipolar. wtf!