PDA

View Full Version : Say we won 3 of the 4 Super Bowls.....

BILLSROCK1212
04-23-2008, 11:57 PM
and the only one we lost was on Scott Norwood's kick......would you hate him more for that or do u hate him more for the scenario that did occur

Novacane
04-24-2008, 12:04 AM
I don't hate him at all. He missed a long FG. It happens.

Ebenezer
04-24-2008, 12:05 AM
and the only one we lost was on Scott Norwood's kick......would you hate him more for that or do u hate him more for the scenario that did occur
I don't hate him at all...he shouldn't have been put in that position. furthermore, many analysts (even Jim Kelly) have said that if they would have won XXV they would have never gone back to another...

are you that bored?

Preacher
04-24-2008, 12:31 AM
I don't hate him at all...he shouldn't have been put in that position. furthermore, many analysts (even Jim Kelly) have said that if they would have won XXV they would have never gone back to another...

are you that bored?

well...

It is the offseason!! :D:

jamze132
04-24-2008, 02:34 AM
So the question is would rather have 1 Super Bowl appearance and 1 win or 4 appearances and 0 wins?

I actually like the fact that we went to 4. People still buy me drinks when I mention I'm a Bills fan. (when I'm in the US)

Mitchy moo
04-24-2008, 06:13 AM

Personally, I feel sorry for him. He killed his career, his team and stabbed the city in the heart.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-24-2008, 06:21 AM
Personally, I feel sorry for him. He killed his career, his team and stabbed the city in the heart.

bull shat skooby. he did not kill his team, and I doubt anyone but some loons feel he stabbed them in the heart. no ones life is any better or worse becasue he missed a damn field goal.

please think before you post such rubbish

Jan Reimers
04-24-2008, 06:28 AM
Norwood was a good kicker for us. Forty-seven yards was at the very edge of his range, and he was kicking on grass, in the rain.

Norwood did not lose that game. Marv was outcoached by Parcells, who had about the only game plan that could beat us.

Dr. Lecter
04-24-2008, 06:42 AM
I blame 8 defenders not tackling an average NFL WR in Mark Ingrahm more than I do Norwood.

mybills
04-24-2008, 07:02 AM
bull shat skooby. he did not kill his team, and I doubt anyone but some loons feel he stabbed them in the heart. no ones life is any better or worse becasue he missed a damn field goal.

please think before you post such rubbish
he said "career", not team.

don137
04-24-2008, 07:12 AM
Norwood is a lot like Bill Buckner in most sports fans eyes. Both had great careers but unfortunately their legacy will be their mistake in championship games. All sports fans know their stories not just Red Sox and Bills fans. Its really sad too. Buckner did make a bad play. Norwood missed a long kick. I feel Norwood could of won the game for the Bills but he did not lose the game for them. The Bills lost the game due tobad coaching and bad play calling by Kelly. Kelly is my all time favorite Bill but I feel he should of taken what the Giants defense gave them instead of letting his ego get in the way and prove no defensive scheme can slow down their no huddle and aerial attack.

trapezeus
04-24-2008, 11:09 AM
the thing i remember most was that there was a buffalo news article the week before the game and they asked norwood if he'd be up for making a kick in the last second. and he said, yes, i've dreamed about that moment.

And to remember things correctly, Norwood was so good going into that superbowl. he nailed everything. There was no reason to think he couldn't make that kick. And he took it like a champ though. at the parade he practically begged for forgiveness and the city gave it to him.

it just stinks that he had all the distance in the world on that kick.

and as long as we're on hypotheticals. it'd be interesting to see how parcells career turns out if he didn't win that game. 1-1 in superbowls. does he become such a hot commodity or just another random SB winning coach?

Jan Reimers
04-24-2008, 11:19 AM
As I remember, Norwood was extremely accurate inside 40 yards, particularly on artificial turf. But 47 yards on grass, in the rain, was a very tough kick for him.

mikemac2001
04-24-2008, 02:08 PM
As I remember, Norwood was extremely accurate inside 40 yards, particularly on artificial turf. But 47 yards on grass, in the rain, was a very tough kick for him.

****ing bum he gets paid to kick fg's anything less then 50 it should be good....so

adam V should have missed those kicks because they were long or it was snowing

**** that they do one thing and if it was christie it would have been good

Gunzlingr
04-24-2008, 02:17 PM
Not his fault at all.

justasportsfan
04-24-2008, 02:46 PM
I don't blame Scott. It should've never comedown to a fg kick. Our high powered O got outsmarted . Plain and simple.

DynaPaul
04-24-2008, 04:10 PM
Why do we torture ourselves like this?

losman420
04-24-2008, 04:25 PM
So the question is would rather have 1 Super Bowl appearance and 1 win or 4 appearances and 0 wins?

I actually like the fact that we went to 4. People still buy me drinks when I mention I'm a Bills fan. (when I'm in the US)Yeah I agree. It would have been nice to win one, but getting to the superbowl 4 straight seasons is an achievement in itself. its an arduous task just to get to the superbowl once let alone 4 times in a row.

Jan Reimers
04-24-2008, 04:33 PM
Why do we torture ourselves like this?
As Bills' fans, we have a propensity toward masochism. We like to smash our heads into brick walls, because it feels so good when we stop.

SabreEleven
04-24-2008, 04:46 PM
I blame Parcells for out coaching Levy and Levy for not making adjustments. Should have never came down to that kick.