Peter King says Miami wanted to trade down and take Harvey!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Peter King says Miami wanted to trade down and take Harvey!!

The Dolphins thought so highly of Harvey that they were willing to trade down and still take him in the top 10 if they couldn't get the deal they wanted done with Long.
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: Peter King says Miami wanted to trade down and take Harvey!!

There was also a story yesterday that they were ready to talk to Chris Long if the Jake Long deal did not work out.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• eyedog
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
      The Dolphins thought so highly of Harvey that they were willing to trade down and still take him in the top 10 if they couldn't get the deal they wanted done with Long.
      Why would Parcells want to do such a thing ? There are cb's and other d-ends better than him.

If Harvey is still there at #11 they had better grab him.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        There was also a story yesterday that they were ready to talk to Chris Long if the Jake Long deal did not work out.
        I think Miami was looking to get out of the top spot and get picks. They need them badly and the #1 pick contract sucks.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by eyedog
          Why would Parcells want to do such a thing ? There are cb's and other d-ends better than him.

If Harvey is still there at #11 they had better grab him.
          ???? How are they grabbing him at #11?

This is whet Peter King reported. He said that Miami had a "higher" value for him than other teams.

Obviously, Miami can tip their hat now as they already signed their top pick.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
            • Mar 2004

well the talks of a Jason Taylor trade never seem to go away, so don't be surprised if there is a trade and maybe one to get back into the later part of the 1st round. It'd suck to see him go, but if some value (late 1st or high second) can be had while teams can still view 33-34 year old Taylor then so be it. Just no trades to the AFCEast, lol.

Comment

• eyedog
              • Jul 2002

???? How are they grabbing him at #11?

This is whet Peter King reported. He said that Miami had a "higher" value for him than other teams.

Obviously, Miami can tip their hat now as they already signed their top pick.

I'm looking for another certain team that has the #11 pick to take Harvey.

Comment

• feelthepain
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Mar 2005

I think Miami was looking to get out of the top spot and get picks. They need them badly and the #1 pick contract sucks.
                Really? We need them badly? I don't agree with your thinking here, I think Bill likes having options, but we already 4 of the top 100 picks. It's not like we only a 2nd and 4th. I think every team wants more picks. I love how Bill fans are so sure Miami is in a desperate state. I'll promise you, you won't see the Dolphins struggle this year like they did last year. Even at 1-15 with all our all injuries we didn't have the worst offense and deffense in the league in 07. We aren't as far out as you want us to be.

Comment

I think the best option here for us is KC Chiefs

We do not need Harvey ... he is luxury pick. We need a big No2, a TE, a CB (though not as urgently having signed James) and then DL help.

If the Chiefs take Chris Long or Gholston at No5, then they still need a LT and Clady or Williams won't fall to No17.

If the Chiefs take Albert or Clady reaching at No5, they still need a DE. They will easily sacrifice No17 + No66 to get there.

This allows us to trade down and get our No2 WR in Thomas, Sweed or my personal preference at No17 and still be able to pick up a quality CB, TE and maybe a decent young DT in R2 and R3.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!
                    well the talks of a Jason Taylor trade never seem to go away, so don't be surprised if there is a trade and maybe one to get back into the later part of the 1st round. It'd suck to see him go, but if some value (late 1st or high second) can be had while teams can still view 33-34 year old Taylor then so be it. Just no trades to the AFCEast, lol.
                    I suspect the fins will trade back up to the first rd.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                      4-12 would be a good step up from 1-15 is all I'm saying. I don't have the first clue how Miami will do, I don't pay nearly as much attention to their roster/schedule (though i'm sure it's quite similar of course)/etc.
                      They have easier teams to play this year, just like us. 3 more wins is likely just because of that alone. Throw in a great draft (Long being a good start) and they may get to 5 wins.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

that's the fun of being the GM with the dolphins right now. Anything you do is an improvement from last year. take a #1, make a trade. anything is better than last year.

And FTP, i disagree with you. i think this year has the potential to repeat last years "performance". new coaching staff, young players, all the veterans stripped out of the team and you have the makings of another ugly year.

this is rebuilding. If they aren't 1-15 this year or at best 5-11, i'd be shocked. I'd be happy to give you all my zonebucks if the dolphins beat 5-11. They aren't making a huge turnaround. Everyone who is a fan of the NFL admits that it is at least a 2 year project of drafting well and free agent pick ups to get this team back to respectability. And i use the word respectability loosely as its difficult to be respectable and play in teal.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
                          They have easier teams to play .
                          thats what all the teams that are playing miami are also saying.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• feelthepain
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                            4-12 would be a good step up from 1-15 is all I'm saying. I don't have the first clue how Miami will do, I don't pay nearly as much attention to their roster/schedule (though i'm sure it's quite similar of course)/etc.
                            All I'm sayin is the Bills are just as far from being a good team as any team in the league. You don't have to agree, but I'll promise you I could make a stronger argument to backup my opinion of the Bills then anyone could toward the contrary. I just find it amusing that Bill fans are under this delusion their team is better then they really are.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by feelthepain
                              We aren't as far out as you want us to be.

Originally posted by feelthepain
                              I just find it amusing that Bill fans are under this delusion their team is better then they really are.
                              My Band
                              daveviterna.com

Comment

Working...
                              X