PDA

View Full Version : Peter King says the Bills are the #1 canidate for Lito.

HHURRICANE
04-24-2008, 07:45 AM
Thinks if a deal is done with Lito it will be with Bills.

What do you guy thinks about this?

ddaryl
04-24-2008, 07:49 AM
I'm worried about his durability, but also his demand for a new contract.

I assume we will swap 1st rd picks with the Eagles for Lito. Hopefully if we add any pick to the deal it is a day 2 pick. I don't feel anyone needs to give the Eagles more then a swap of 1st rd picks for Lito because the Eagles want him off their books.

It does hgelp our CB situation, and we still get to draft our WR etc...

Night Train
04-24-2008, 07:49 AM
We never gave Winfield or Clements that next big contract so why should we think Lito should get one ? He's looking for big $$, I read.

Plus CB is the deepest position by a mile in this draft.

streetkings01
04-24-2008, 07:51 AM
Dont see it happening! Ralph doesn't want to pay CB's alot of money and that is the main reason why Lito and the Eagles are prepared to part ways. If we trade for Lito a contract will have to be in place and something tells me Lito will not settle for anything less than what Asanti Samuel got especially since he is a Pro Bowl CB! Darwin Walker all over again IMO.

HHURRICANE
04-24-2008, 07:53 AM
We never gave Winfield or Clements that next big contract so why should we think Lito should get one ? He's looking for big $$, I read.

Plus CB is the deepest position by a mile in this draft.

I can go on record as saying that I hate the move.

Let me ask this? Do we still get Thomas at #17?

ddaryl
04-24-2008, 07:54 AM

Good point... different front office

Michael82
04-24-2008, 07:54 AM
If the trade was to include a new contract, a fair one...plus only a swap of 1st rounders...and Devin Thomas or Malcolm Kelly are there at #19, I would love it! :drool:

DraftBoy
04-24-2008, 07:57 AM
Dont like it that much anymore given Sheppard's contract demands, durability concerns, and I dont know that I wouldn't ask for another late round pick.

Scumbag College
I don't see the Bills trading for anyone who would want a new, high paying contract.

streetkings01
Good point... different front officeSame owner!

Mahdi
04-24-2008, 08:08 AM
Dont get me wrong I would love to have Lito, but I dont want the FO to pay him 7+ mill a year to have him. If he wants to play on his current contract then maybe but I doubt that. Does anyone know how long he has left on his contract?

The King
04-24-2008, 08:13 AM
I like Sheppard a lot.... But Id like to see a link to this news.

madness
04-24-2008, 08:18 AM
I think he's looking more for stability then a big contract. I'm not buying that he's looking for big money just because of a couple random reports especially since he seems more sensible then that.

I like this scenario because it gives us a ready to play CB and makes sure we don't have to reach for a WR by swapping picks. DRC is already on the roster in the form of AY so we can't afford to invest in another "flash in the pan" underclassman.

DMBcrew36
04-24-2008, 08:21 AM
Lito and McGee as corners.... Greer and Whitner as safties... nicceeeeeee

RockStar36
04-24-2008, 08:21 AM
I like this move a ton if we are only swapping picks. What do we lose? 8 draft spots? Big deal. There isn't a clear cut favorite at #11 anyways and Lito can only improve the defense even more. I would assume that the FO would have a contract ready. I don't think they would make the trade and let the Darwin Walker situation happen again. Get it done ahead of time like the Chiefs and Vikings did.

I also doubt Devin Thomas would be available at 19 and that sucks. I want him on the team. But if another WR like Kelly, Sweed, or Hardy is there I say make the trade and pick them up. This seems to me like a win-win situation.

RockStar36
04-24-2008, 08:22 AM

Ko should be back this year. I liked him during his rookie year. Plus George Wilson will be there for depth reasons. James and Greer at the CB for depth. I would really like that secondary.

mayotm
04-24-2008, 08:23 AM

Let me ask this? Do we still get Thomas at #17?We would actually get the 19th pick and Thomas will be available assuming nobody trades up to get him. Even then, could take Hardy or Sweed. I love this move especially if it's just swapping spots and not throwing the Eagles an additional pick. As far as giving Lito a huge contract, I guess that's somewhat of a concern. However, the Bills certainly have money to spend. As long as the bonus isn't huge, I have no problem with a new contract.

Luisito23
04-24-2008, 08:33 AM
People thought that we wouldn't get Stroud because of contract issues, and we got that done, so I wouldn't be surprised if we do get him as well.....Would be a great pickup if all we had to do was swap 1st. rounders......

DMBcrew36
04-24-2008, 08:36 AM
Ko should be back this year. I liked him during his rookie year. Plus George Wilson will be there for depth reasons. James and Greer at the CB for depth. I would really like that secondary.

If we got Lito, Greer and Ko would battle for that safety spot. Honestly, based on last year, I'd rather have Greersy. He's got a knack for interceptions.

RockStar36
04-24-2008, 08:40 AM
If we got Lito, Greer and Ko would battle for that safety spot. Honestly, based on last year, I'd rather have Greersy. He's got a knack for interceptions.

What about Wilson? He had two touchdowns last year.

Meathead
04-24-2008, 08:42 AM
i sure would love the look of the secondary with all that talent for starting jobs, nickel and dime packages, and fantastic depth

njsue
04-24-2008, 08:44 AM
:pray: Lito Sheppard is a great play maker. He would significantly boost the Bills secondary.

DMBcrew36
04-24-2008, 08:49 AM
What about Wilson? He had two touchdowns last year.

Wilson is just depth - especially if we got Lito.

Mitchy moo
04-24-2008, 08:51 AM
Not going to happen.

bigbub2352
04-24-2008, 08:52 AM
Anytime u can get a former pro bowler in here, and if all it would take is a swap of 1st rounders, i would do it in a second, especailly considering we have more than enough money to hash out a new deal for him, ext crowell and evans, and still have plenty of room

Upgrades are always welcome on my team, sorry but if we are picking at 19 the pick will still be Thomas unless he is gone it will be Sweed

mayotm
04-24-2008, 08:56 AM
Not going to happen.Neither is the Bills getting Williams, Boldin or Johnson. Yet you'll start 25 threads about that. At least the Sheppard rumor has been reported somewhere other than this message board.

RockStar36
04-24-2008, 08:56 AM
Anytime u can get a former pro bowler in here, and if all it would take is a swap of 1st rounders, i would do it in a second, especailly considering we have more than enough money to hash out a new deal for him, ext crowell and evans, and still have plenty of room

Upgrades are always welcome on my team, sorry but if we are picking at 19 the pick will still be Thomas unless he is gone it will be Sweed

Exactly.

I see this as a win-win. They aren't technically giving up anything since the player(s) they want at 11 will most likely be available at 19.

Philagape
04-24-2008, 08:59 AM
Exactly.

I see this as a win-win. They aren't technically giving up anything since the player(s) they want at 11 will most likely be available at 19.

Exactly, what's the downside? If Lito doesn't work out, we still get a good player that fills a need.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-24-2008, 08:59 AM
If Lito isn't asking for the moon, just a re-adjustment of his contract (like Stroud) or an extension, I would do this in a New York minute!

The Bills would get Lito Sheppard, former Pro-Bowl CB, the best big WR on the board at # 19--Thomas, maybe, Kelly, Hardy or Sweed--and still have their 2nd round pick to use on a TE (F.Davis, Keller or Bennett, depending on which flavor the Bills like best) and a DE or DT in Round 3. Outstanding!

Upgrades at the three positions of biggest need and on the DL. All for a little cash. To me it is a "no-brainer".

Luisito23
04-24-2008, 09:01 AM
There's really no negatives in doing this, unless of course he's seeking a Clements type deal, then it we be stupid for anyone to still wan't him....

Bruce is Loose
04-24-2008, 09:05 AM
If Lito isn't asking for the moon, just a re-adjustment of his contract (like Stroud) or an extension, I would do this in a New York minute!

The Bills would get Lito Sheppard, former Pro-Bowl CB, the best big WR on the board at # 19--Thomas, maybe, Kelly, Hardy or Sweed--and still have their 2nd round pick to use on a TE (F.Davis, Keller or Bennett, depending on which flavor the Bills like best) and a DE or DT in Round 3. Outstanding!

Upgrades at the three positions of biggest need and on the DL. All for a little cash. To me it is a "no-brainer".

Add FB and C in round 4 and this is the perfect draft as I see it...

Lito
Thomas/Sweed
Davis/Keller/Bennet
Best DT/DE available
Schmidt
Best C/G available

Then use later picks for OLD depth, OT depth, Another tall WR, 3rd QB, etc

Mitchy moo
04-24-2008, 09:05 AM
Neither is the Bills getting Williams, Boldin or Johnson. Yet you'll start 25 threads about that. At least the Sheppard rumor has been reported somewhere other than this message board.

We still may end up one of those guys, do not discount it yet. We have a need to fill and just because some overpaid dork that works for a paper decides something maybe good for our team doesn't make it real. Reality is we need to field talent and not depth.

mayotm
04-24-2008, 09:07 AM
We still may end up one of those guys, do not discount it yet. We have a need to fill and just because some overpaid dork that works for a paper decides something maybe good for our team doesn't make it real. Reality is we need to field talent and not depth.You're basing that on absolutely nothing. Sorry dude, Peter King has more information that you do.

Mitchy moo
04-24-2008, 09:11 AM
You're basing that on absolutely nothing. Sorry dude, Peter King has more information that you do.

Nothing to be sorry about, we'll see how it shakes out.

mayotm
04-24-2008, 09:17 AM
Nothing to be sorry about, we'll see how it shakes out.I doubt either thing is going to happen. My point is that at least the Sheppard rumor is being reported by a nationally respected journalist. Whether you, me or anybody else likes King is irrelevant. On the other hand, I haven't seen a single report linking the Bills to Williams, Boldin or Johnson. Thus in my mind, the Sheppard rumor holds more weight at this time.

Pinkerton Security
04-24-2008, 09:18 AM

greer has never played safety. He has 2 career picks. Hes smaller and much less physical than Ko.

Dont get me wrong, I like the way he played last year, but he isnt a safety.

raphael120
04-24-2008, 09:18 AM
This is a new era with Russ Brandon...who really knows what's going to happen. But to me, more and more....it seems like Ralph Wilson is just a figurehead and Russ is the one doing all the moves while he tosses Ralph a pacifier and a adult diaper.

I wouldnt be suprised if this move goes through...we really didn't spend much in FA thus far, and who knows...maybe we're not counting on Lee Evans being here, so thats more money to focus elsewhere. One thing to consider is...we're payign our starting quarterback pennies when compared to what other clubs are paying...I can totally see us having enough money to sign Sheppard...but Lee next season? I dunno...but I also wouldn't be suprised if we draft 2 WRs, one in the first and one in the 4th, 5th...

Michael82
04-24-2008, 09:19 AM
BTW, he might actually be willing to let his current deal stay. I think the biggest problem with him and Philly is that they signed Samuel to that ridiculous deal and it makes him a #2. Here he would definitely be our #1 CB. I found his contract details....

Lito Sheppard
Lito Sheppard-Sheppard signed an 8 year, $26,314,000 deal during the 2004 season that included an 8.7 mil signing bonus prorated over 6 years. As part of his rookie deal, he received a 3.4 mil signing bonus prorated over 5 years. His cap numbers are as follows:
2004: $2,610,750 (480.75K base salary+680K proration+1.45 mil proration)
2005: $2,661,000 (531K basae salary+680K proration+1.45 mil proration; $8,610,000 dead money if cut)
2006: $2,742,250 (612,250 base+680K pro.+1.45 mil proration; $6,480,000 dead money if cut)
2007: $2,450,000 (1 mil base salary+1.45 mil proration; $4,350,000 dead money if cut)
2008: $3,450,000 (2 mil base salary+1.45 mil proration; $2,900,000 dead money if cut)
2009: $4,450,000 (3 mil base salary+1.45 mil proration; $1,450,000 dead money if cut)
2010: $3,700,000 (base salary)
2011: $4,250,000 (base salary)

http://www.geocities.com/eaglescap/Contract-Documentation4.html

patmoran2006
04-24-2008, 09:20 AM
I am baffled as to how there could be a single Bills fan who WOULDNT make this trade?

We get a #1 corner, and still get a decent first rounder, and will end up with Thomas or Sweed. Maybe even Merling if they wanted a DE.

Its not your money, it's Ralph's so dont worry about it... We aint in cap trouble, we're not going to be.. We arent even CLOSE to the cash to cap either.

This is a flat out NO BRAINER.

Michael82
04-24-2008, 09:22 AM
It might actually just take a simple extension with a decent sized signing bonus to make him happy.

feelthepain
04-24-2008, 09:28 AM

Let me ask this? Do we still get Thomas at #17?

The guy has undeniable talent, but won't stay healthy. I also think the Bills would be better off staying at 11 and take the BPA. The money IMO is a secondary issue cause the health issue is by far the biggest issue with this guy. He just isn't worth the risk.

Mahdi
04-24-2008, 09:39 AM
Greer at safety?? Why? he is a solid corner and he would get run over as a safety.

Mahdi
04-24-2008, 09:46 AM
I am baffled as to how there could be a single Bills fan who WOULDNT make this trade?

We get a #1 corner, and still get a decent first rounder, and will end up with Thomas or Sweed. Maybe even Merling if they wanted a DE.

Its not your money, it's Ralph's so dont worry about it... We aint in cap trouble, we're not going to be.. We arent even CLOSE to the cash to cap either.

This is a flat out NO BRAINER.
This year we are not in cap trouble.... but if we have to re-sign Lito to a new deal before we trade for him you can bet it will be in the 7-9 mil a year range. You think he will sit around at 3-4 mill while Nate, Samuel, Asamogha, Bailey are raking in 8+ a year?

How will we pay the DEs we desperately need, DTs, QB, WRs and OL at the same time.

Somewhere we have to be cheap and for this defense its the CBs and OLBs. MLB, DEs, S, QB, WR and OL get the cash.

justasportsfan
04-24-2008, 09:49 AM
This year we are not in cap trouble.... .and we need to keep it that way so we can use the cap next year to add the final piece to our sb run NEXT year. :dance:

trapezeus
04-24-2008, 09:49 AM
i'd rather trade for a WR. I know that johnson, boldin and williams are apparently not for trade. but i'd rather keep pursuing those options. i want a WR with experience who knows the speed of the NFL. i am on record at scoffing at the Chad johnson trade. but williams or boldin would be very interesting.

people mention the depth of CB in this draft as well as the fact if we can keep adding strength to the LB's and DL, the CB isn't a dire need.

Mitchy moo
04-24-2008, 09:54 AM
The guy has undeniable talent, but won't stay healthy. I also think the Bills would be better off staying at 11 and take the BPA. The money IMO is a secondary issue cause the health issue is by far the biggest issue with this guy. He just isn't worth the risk.

FTP actually made the most intelligent post on here and the most valid reason that we will not ante up for Lito, his health is in question. Lito has missed ~1/3 (31.5% to be accurate) of the games he could of played in over the past 4 seasons, which leads me to believe that he cannot hold up for a full season. There is no reason to think he would be able to play a full season and we had enough injuries to deal with already.

To make him happy, we have to give him new money down he can keep to sweeten the deal knowing he probably will not play a full season. It is not going to happen and if for some strange reason it does, he'll be in and out all year long. You can just refer back to my warning here as a reference.

streetkings01
04-24-2008, 09:55 AM
If we got Lito, Greer and Ko would battle for that safety spot. Honestly, based on last year, I'd rather have Greersy. He's got a knack for interceptions.WTF are you talking about? I hope this is sarcasm......Greer has never played safety in the NFL and is kinda small for CB let alone a safety. He's 5-11 185 lbs......Whitner was considered small for a safety when he was drafted and he was 5-10 205 at the time.....you do the math!

Mitchy moo
04-24-2008, 09:56 AM
i'd rather trade for a WR. I know that johnson, boldin and williams are apparently not for trade. but i'd rather keep pursuing those options. i want a WR with experience who knows the speed of the NFL. i am on record at scoffing at the Chad johnson trade. but williams or boldin would be very interesting.

people mention the depth of CB in this draft as well as the fact if we can keep adding strength to the LB's and DL, the CB isn't a dire need.

Common sense tells me that as well, bring in the no brainer talent. When I post about it I am a dreamer but it's the reality that these guys can play and they would help the Bills out, that's all I am thinking of.

justasportsfan
04-24-2008, 09:59 AM
Common sense tells me that as well, bring in the no brainer talent. When I post about it I am a dreamer but it's the reality that these guys can play and they would help the Bills out, that's all I am thinking of.
you're a dreamer when you think they can be had for a 2nd rd pick.

BidsJr
04-24-2008, 10:02 AM
Also remember that the money saved by not picking at #11 will prolly pay for any extension that Lito would demand.

At least part of it.

Mitchy moo
04-24-2008, 10:02 AM
you're a dreamer when you think they can be had for a 2nd rd pick.

I had mentioned a number of things as potential combinations, maybe even JP and a 2 round pick for the next few years. Ocho has a few bangs to the head to his credit, so I wouldn't discount Cincy's stupidy yet.

Washington's first rounder is worth substantially less than ours as well, they draft higher. Please keep that all in mind.

Mitchy moo
04-24-2008, 10:03 AM
Also remember that the money saved by not picking at #11 will prolly pay for any extension that Lito would demand.

How much do we pay for the guy to replace him when he misses ~1/3 of the games?? Please factor that in as well.

justasportsfan
04-24-2008, 10:04 AM
I had mentioned a number of things as potential combinations, maybe even JP and a 2 round pick for the next few years. Ocho has a few bangs to the head to his credit, so I wouldn't discount Cincy's stupidy yet.

Washington's first rounder is worth substantially less than ours as well, they draft higher. Please keep that all in mind.
thats when you changed your mind. Besides, why will they take JP when they have Palmer? They will also have to restructure a contract for Jp to make it happen. JP and his agent are gonna have to agree with the contract and I doubt they will accept one that doesn't give him the chance to compete for the starting job which is what will happen if he's behind Palmer.

BidsJr
04-24-2008, 10:04 AM
How much do we pay for the guy to replace him when he misses ~1/3 of the games?? Please factor that in as well.

He's already on the roster and would be a former starter.

It is an upgrade and we have the money.

Why is this so hard to understand?

Mitchy moo
04-24-2008, 10:41 AM
He's already on the roster and would be a former starter.

It is an upgrade and we have the money.

Why is this so hard to understand?

When you pay a guy full time money, you want full time play. What part of the back-ups play and we are more likely to lose scenario are you missing? We need to draft a long-term solution that plays full time.

mikemac2001
04-24-2008, 10:44 AM
Get it Done

Then Draft Hardy

BidsJr
04-24-2008, 10:53 AM
When you pay a guy full time money, you want full time play. What part of the back-ups play and we are more likely to lose scenario are you missing? We need to draft a long-term solution that plays full time.

We have 3 CB's on the roster with starting experiance. That is before Lito. He would bump an NFL starter to backup status creating EXCELLENT depth. Even if he got nicked up for a few weeks, we would be in a much better position.

No rookie CB is going to be a Pro Bowler THIS year. Lito has proven that HE could very well make that kind of impact in year 1.

It saves us money on the 11 pick, and we still get a top WR.

Why am I even bothering with this?

Mitchy moo
04-24-2008, 10:58 AM
We have 3 CB's on the roster with starting experiance. That is before Lito. He would bump an NFL starter to backup status creating EXCELLENT depth. Even if he got nicked up for a few weeks, we would be in a much better position.

No rookie CB is going to be a Pro Bowler THIS year. Lito has proven that HE could very well make that kind of impact in year 1.

It saves us money on the 11 pick, and we still get a top WR.

Why am I even bothering with this?

I felt the same way when I heard we are top spot for Lito, it's just stupid.

The Answer
04-24-2008, 11:29 AM
It's very clear that The Corpse's main focus is defense entering his 3rd (and possibly last) year as head coach in Buffalo.

I just hope that they don't give up too much for Sheppard - a swap of first rounders should be sufficient. And possibly one of our 7th round picks or JP Loserman if necessary to sweeten the deal.

~The Answer

Coach Sal
04-24-2008, 11:37 AM
As one scout said this week, "If Sheppard was in this draft, he would be the third corner at worst."

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story;jsessionid=32285EA0242174C906D35C8AD44670ED?id=09000d5d807ed3e1&template=with-video&confirm=true

Night Train
04-24-2008, 12:06 PM
Where did this Greer to Safety dream come from ?

Last 2 games of 2007, Whitner played FS and 6-1 219 lb. Bryan Scott played SS. He was signed again and if Ko Simpson can't come back, that's how it should stay. Scott isn't afraid to come up and lay the lumber, much like Whitner. He looked very good.

The Bills are already 2 CB's short and need Greer there.

Michael82
04-24-2008, 12:08 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story;jsessionid=32285EA0242174C906D35C8AD44670ED?id=09000d5d807ed3e1&template=with-video&confirm=true
that's good to hear. :up:

kernowboy
04-24-2008, 12:18 PM
No thanks.

Why are the Eagles looking to part with such a CB = injury flag. All he will do is impede the development of Youboty who is the future.

Greer, James and McGee are more than adequate starters. Youboty and a 2nd/3rd rounder as 4th and 5th CBs will give us more than adequate depth.

bigbub2352
04-24-2008, 01:49 PM
were did all the Lito injury prone talk come from? did he miss alot of starts or something from what i have read he didnt miss a start? i could be mistaken

But he is a former probowler for a reason and a proven starter PROVEN that means he is good folks, like i said earlier if he is available to swp firsts i would do it in a second

mikemac2001
04-24-2008, 02:02 PM
were did all the Lito injury prone talk come from? did he miss alot of starts or something from what i have read he didnt miss a start? i could be mistaken

But he is a former probowler for a reason and a proven starter PROVEN that means he is good folks, like i said earlier if he is available to swp firsts i would do it in a second

Played 11 last year 13 the year before and 10 the year before

mikemac2001
04-24-2008, 02:04 PM
swap of first rds and get hardy and its a good deal thats all i would say we get our WR create solid depth in our secondary can move mcgee to 2nd cb and have greer slot

then add that height and skill at WR that we need (help our redzone situation) also creates some jump balls which we havent had at all

bigbub2352
04-24-2008, 02:14 PM

i did not know that....thanx i think lol

ublinkwescore
04-24-2008, 02:15 PM
some one (spelled a large group of people) need to go down to One Bills Drive with picket signs saying trade our first for either Lito or William or Boldin.

shelby
04-24-2008, 03:37 PM
Lito was in Tampa yesterday talking to the Bucs.....

Jaybird
04-24-2008, 03:56 PM
lito is negotiating contract with tampa.... i think......... WE WILL TRADE DOWN

T-Long
04-24-2008, 04:02 PM
I just want Chris Berman to do a Bills highlight and start singing...

Liiiiitoooooooooo oh oh OH oh oh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

shelby
04-24-2008, 04:08 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=151188

X-Era
04-24-2008, 05:01 PM
Thinks if a deal is done with Lito it will be with Bills.

What do you guy thinks about this?

Proven pro-bowler > draftee

yordad
04-24-2008, 05:07 PM
Dont get me wrong I would love to have Lito, but I dont want the FO to pay him 7+ mill a year to have him. If he wants to play on his current contract then maybe but I doubt that. Does anyone know how long he has left on his contract?I think if we don't sign Evans or Crowell to an extention we have enough cash to cap to sign him for seven years at that rate..... a 42 million dollar signing bones and 1 mil a year.

Mitchy moo
04-24-2008, 05:37 PM
Not going to happen.

X 2.

SeatownBillsFan21
04-24-2008, 06:05 PM
Im all 4 it as long as we get a wr at 17

SeatownBillsFan21
04-24-2008, 06:07 PM
you just want Hardy

cba fan
04-24-2008, 06:54 PM
BTW, he might actually be willing to let his current deal stay. I think the biggest problem with him and Philly is that they signed Samuel to that ridiculous deal and it makes him a #2. Here he would definitely be our #1 CB. I found his contract details....

Lito Sheppard
Lito Sheppard-Sheppard signed an 8 year, $26,314,000 deal during the 2004 season that included an 8.7 mil signing bonus prorated over 6 years. As part of his rookie deal, he received a 3.4 mil signing bonus prorated over 5 years. His cap numbers are as follows:
2004: $2,610,750 (480.75K base salary+680K proration+1.45 mil proration)
2005: $2,661,000 (531K basae salary+680K proration+1.45 mil proration; $8,610,000 dead money if cut)
2006: $2,742,250 (612,250 base+680K pro.+1.45 mil proration; $6,480,000 dead money if cut)
2007: $2,450,000 (1 mil base salary+1.45 mil proration; $4,350,000 dead money if cut)
2008: $3,450,000 (2 mil base salary+1.45 mil proration; $2,900,000 dead money if cut)
2009: $4,450,000 (3 mil base salary+1.45 mil proration; $1,450,000 dead money if cut)
2010: $3,700,000 (base salary)
2011: $4,250,000 (base salary)

http://www.geocities.com/eaglescap/Contract-Documentation4.html
Thanks for the numbers.

The only numbers that would matter to the Bills if they trade for Lito is the yearly salary. Bills would only be liable for that, in regards to money out the door to Lito and for cap purposes.

All the sign bonuses have been paid by the Eagles already and would come due on the Eagles cap(not the Bills) immediately when Lito is traded.

Oaf
04-24-2008, 07:36 PM
:link:

Mitchy moo
04-24-2008, 07:59 PM
BS - bowel sounds

http://www.efn.org/~nurses/acro.html

madness
04-25-2008, 06:56 AM
No time to link but I've seen two articles that Peter King and John Clayton both reported the Bills are interested, but nothing about the Bills being #1 candidate.