PDA

View Full Version : As much as I don't like Thomas at #11 it's still better than taking any...

HHURRICANE
04-24-2008, 07:58 AM
CB!!!!!!!!!

If the Bills take a CB with their first pick I'll be pissed.

Mitchy moo
04-24-2008, 08:55 AM
I'd be suprised if they took anyone but Harvey.

Jan Reimers
04-24-2008, 08:57 AM
I'm shocked.:nod:

hydro
04-24-2008, 08:58 AM

Be prepared to be SHOCKED!

ScottLawrence
04-24-2008, 09:12 AM
Agreed.

Harvey will most likely be the best player available at #11, assuming we stay there. Taking CB would be the dumbest move we could make.

ddaryl
04-24-2008, 09:20 AM
We really need to trade down... At this point I am on the draft James Hardy as our 1st WR... Kelly has too many concerns. Sweed doesn't impress me much, and Thomas just isn't seasoned enough nor is he tall enough for what the Bills want in a WR. Hardy can snag a football 12 feet up, and not many CB's can get 11 feet in the air

We then take the best TE on the board with our 2nd rd pick

I then believe the Bills need to make efforts to get back into the late 2nd round and draft Jordy Nelson as our 2nd WR. He might not be there but this guy is every down bring your lunch pail and get it done type of guy.

IMO Nelson is a big time sleeper in this years WR class.

Evans the field stretcher. Hardy is our red zone everyone's covered jump ball guy, and Jordy has the size and speed to be rock solid over the middle guy. Reed is still capable of being solid and picking up some slack while our rookies get experience, and Parrish should find it easier to make an impact with the added threats.

If by chance the Bills are forced to take a BPA at #11 which is a good thing... then I would not be surprised to see the Bills grab Nelson with their round 2 pick.

patmoran2006
04-24-2008, 09:21 AM
I dont want a CB either, ESPECIALLY at #11

Oaf
04-24-2008, 07:30 PM
Agreed.

Harvey will most likely be the best player available at #11, assuming we stay there. Taking CB would be the dumbest move we could make.
I'm starting to think Harvey won't be there at 11. I'm seeing a lot of Cinnci at 9, and I've heard the Pats and even Miami are interested now. Seems to me like Patrick Willis last year. Many saw him going to us, but approaching the draft, his stock rose just out of our range.

At this point I really wished we had signed Troupe, b/c then TE wouldn't be a need at all and we could focus on addressing DE and WR with a trade up without worrying about skimping on the TE prospects.

ALL I want from this draft is Harvey, Sweed/Hardy/Kelly/Thomas, and a starting TE. How can we accomplish this?

Bone
04-24-2008, 07:32 PM
James Hardy

Tatonka
04-24-2008, 07:59 PM
screw cb.. there are too many others that are fine for a cover 2 defense.. and dieon sanders couldnt cover someone with no pass rush.

Confused
04-24-2008, 08:04 PM
when is the last time we took a 1st round CB? nate?

X-Era
04-24-2008, 08:12 PM
CB!!!!!!!!!

I cant undertsand why a CB would HURT the Bills at 11?

The CB spots do not have a pro-bowler, they are going up against at least one pro-bowler in Moss. You win SB's with defense. We could add a returner and possible pro-bowl CB. Losing Nate hurt... thats a fact.

Jabari Greer was an overachiever who played fantastic to me, but he inst a guy thats a lock-down CB.

DRC or McKelvin would make this team better. I just cant find anyway to "hate" that pick.

bigbub2352
04-24-2008, 09:21 PM
CB!!!!!!!!!

I knew u would come over to the Darkside HH, Dthomas will be the pick, but i must say i am really hoping for a trade down, and if Dthomas gets picked before i think we go Sweed or Kelly

Help for the O

jamze132
04-25-2008, 02:29 AM
CB!!!!!!!!!

It's about time people start warming up to the fact that taking a CB in the first round is one of the worst things we can do in the draft this year...

kernowboy
04-25-2008, 06:09 AM
For me, we don't need a DE as much as we need offensive help. Harvey would just be in the rotation and could be a Jarvis Moss. Any defence will wear down if the offence isn't good enough to keep them off the field for 40mins a game.

What we need is WR and TE, two positions we failed to address in Free Agency, though in defence of the team, pickings were slim.

The best option is to trade down with either the Chiefs or the Eagles who now have the ammunition to give up a high 3rd or a low 2nd.

At 17 or 19, we can draft James Hardy, Limas Sweed or Devin Thomas and immediately address and upgrade a key position.

I hear about the need for a TE, but realistically I think Bennett, Cottram, Carlson and Rucker will be there in the 3rd with Kellen Davis around in the 4th. All will upgrade this position with an all purpose player and there is no need to over pay at a position which we can upgrade.

With James, Greer, McGee and Youboty onboard and in our version of the Tampa2 which doesn't need a stellar CB, developing a prospect like Tyvon Branch might be a better use of draft picks

So what to do with R2. Since Day1 I have called for a DL player here. We have traded for Stroud and signed Johnson, but Johnson is small, whilst Stroud, Kelsay, Denney and McCargo have injury flags. Are we also convinced that McCargo can really step up? In the second tier of DTs are Sims, Laws and Moore, with the drop off in ability significant after that. Moore is a unique specimen as he has the power to be a bull at NT, but the speed to play outside (he's as quick as Jared Allen and much faster than Calais Campbell). He would provide huge and versatile energy to the rotation and potential be a better partner for Stroud. So ....

No17 James Hardy
No41 Dre Moore
No66 Tyvon Branch
No71 John Carlson

jdbillsfan
04-25-2008, 09:14 AM
I wouldn't mind DRC at all. 6'2 would give us size to match up vs some of the taller WR's that our 5'10 DB's have trouble with. He seems like a special talent that could be a big time player for us. I like Greer and McGee and obviously a pass rush would help, but I definitely wouldn't be mad about getting someone with the talent of DRC.

I also think its a possibilty that we don't strictly play cover 2 all season and will play some man, mix it up, etc.

Johnny Bugmenot
04-25-2008, 09:47 AM
Offense offense offense!

We cannot go into this season with no improvements to a 30th ranked offense that was far less impacted by the mass rash of injuries that hit the defense last year.

We know what they need. A big, tall WR. There is one available. Get him.

justasportsfan
04-25-2008, 09:48 AM
I would rather take Harvey over a cb.

DraftBoy
04-25-2008, 09:51 AM
We are going CB at 11 so prepared to be pissed and shocked. Personally as long as its DRC or McKelvin Ill be happy.

Michael82
04-25-2008, 12:52 PM
We need so much help on offense, I would also be pissed if we take a CB in the 1st, unless it's someone like Cason via a trade up, after getting our WR with our first pick. He's perfect for the Cover 2. :up: