• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Top Ten Draft Classes of All-Time

I thought this was a cool read. Loaded with Bills.

1. 1983

Current Hall of Famers: QB John Elway, QB Dan Marino, QB Jim Kelly, RB Eric Dickerson, DB Darrell Green, OL Bruce Matthews.
    Some other notable picks: RB Roger Craig, DL Richard Dent, RB Curt Warner, OL Chris Hinton, DB Joey Browner, WR Henry Ellard, DL Leonard Marshall, LB Darryl Talley, LB Mike Cofer, DL Tim Krumrie, OL Jesse Sapolu.
    In hindsight: The class had it all – a superb quarterback class; one of the best running backs of all time; and six Hall of Famers. Elway and Marino may have the two best arms in NFL history. Some still argue for Richard Dent’s inclusion in the Hall of Fame. The class had plenty of quality depth, too, with 21 Pro Bowl players tabbed in the first three rounds
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Working...
X