PDA

View Full Version : Fearless Predictions for Saturday

Don't Panic
04-24-2008, 10:20 AM
If we stay at #11....

...the Bills will not draft a WR or CB

...the Bills will not draft Branden Albert

...will draft a defensive lineman (Harvey if he's there)

Three months of research, reading posts and articles, and this is what my gut tells me. The only thing holding me back from going with Harvey up to this point is that I felt we had too much $$$ invested in Denney and Kelsay, but he makes the most sense at #11. I can't see making a case for anyone else besides McKelvin and maybe Albert, but I really think McKelvin will be gone and that they have enough faith in Butler to look elsewhere. I will be shocked if ANY WR or CB not named McKelvin comes off the board for the Bills at #11.:2cents:

BlackMetalNinja
04-24-2008, 10:27 AM
I agree, though I still prefer WR...

patmoran2006
04-24-2008, 11:48 AM
If we drafted harvey, I have a question.

Didnt we, when resigning Kelsay pay him his signing bonus all upfront with our "cash to cap".

if thats the case, and we decided he's not worth it next year, wouldn't it be cheaper to cut him?

casdhf
04-24-2008, 11:54 AM
If we drafted harvey, I have a question.

Didnt we, when resigning Kelsay pay him his signing bonus all upfront with our "cash to cap".

if thats the case, and we decided he's not worth it next year, wouldn't it be cheaper to cut him? Yes.

bigbub2352
04-24-2008, 12:28 PM
Devin Thomas at 11

kernowboy
04-24-2008, 12:31 PM
We will trade with the KC Chiefs for their No17 pick and No66 pick and maybe grab their No136 or No140

The Chiefs have two crucial needs now - DE and LT.

With only Tamba Hali and Turk McBride they will want to take either Gholston, Long or maybe Harvey.

With no quality at LT they will be interested in Albert, Clady or Chris Williams.

At worst Harvey will go to the Panthers or Lions.
At worst Clady will go to the Broncos.

Either way the Chiefs will be seriously interested in moving up to No11 and with 3 picks in Round3 and two in Round5, they have the ammunition to do so and may overpay.

We do not need a DE as urgently as we need a big WR, and TE so we'd be better off trading down.

kernowboy
04-24-2008, 12:34 PM
Devin Thomas at 11

Has only had one years production. James Hardy has 3 years of production, and has 16 more TDs, 766 more yds, 73 more catches despite playing in one fewer game than Thomas.

All Hardy lacks is similar speed but still runs sub 4.5

Jan Reimers
04-24-2008, 12:54 PM
With the defensive players from the 2006 draft going into their third seasons, the return of Poz, and our offseason FA additions, we will have a very respectable - albeit not perfect - defense.

We need to add the best receiving weapons available to our woeful offense in this draft, BEFORE adding more defensive pieces that would certainly be nice to have, but are not necessary for our survival.

If we don't give our young, relatively untested QB a lot more to work with, this season will be a disaster, no matter how good our defense is.

Don't Panic
04-24-2008, 01:26 PM
We do not need a DE as urgently as we need a big WR, and TE so we'd be better off trading down.

I fully agree. To me, the #2 WR position is our biggest need... by far. If we had only ONE pick in the draft, I would hope it was WR. That being said, I don't think we need to reach at #11, and I have some doubts as to whether or not we'll trade down. THAT being said, I think trading down is the best option on the table.

Bone
04-24-2008, 02:02 PM
James Hardy at 11!

Don't Panic
04-29-2008, 12:22 PM
Good thing I covered my arse with McKelvin!