PDA

View Full Version : don't score too high on the wonderlic

trapezeus
04-24-2008, 10:43 AM
There is an article on Bloomberg about how teams will shy away from players with Wonderlics that are too high. Pretty interesting stuff. I don't know if i think a smart person becomes uncoachable. Perhaps if they think something is destined to fail, they'll have the leadership to step up and say, "steve Fairchild, your gameplans aren't winning us any games." But interesting read, nonetheless.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601079&sid=av4.UyQUnPKo&refer=home

mikemac2001
04-24-2008, 10:48 AM
How do you need to be coached on those questions

baalworship
04-24-2008, 10:49 AM
Football is a team sport and they are probably worried that players that are too smart won't fit in.

Psychology has shown that leaders of men tend to be people that are a little smarter than everybody else. The people with super high intelligence probably won't be as interested in the group and won't have as much in common.

This happens in the business world also. If your resume looks a little too strong you will be seen as a threat to middle management.

casdhf
04-24-2008, 10:53 AM
Anyone good ever gotten a 50?

trapezeus
04-24-2008, 11:02 AM
you figure if there are players out there who have scored as low as 6, there have to be scores to offset that to get to a mean of 23-28.

However, i'm assuming that those low scores are fairly infrequent. and that the highest scores hover around the mid 30's. and that most football players get between 15-24 right.

Jan Reimers
04-24-2008, 11:13 AM
It seems to me that the smarter you are, the quicker you can learn the playbook, the better you can retain it, and the more coachable you should be.

I just don't see how you can be "too smart," no matter what your chosen field - football or brain surgery.

TacklingDummy
04-24-2008, 11:19 AM
I want a football player. I could careless how smart or dumb someone is.

djjimkelly
04-24-2008, 11:19 AM
this falls into line with police hirings also people who score too on their tests are denied entry into police academy becuz they wont be robots and do as they are told