PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't Adrian Arrington getting any respect?

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-24-2008, 01:30 PM
I have been looking through a lot of rankings and I don't see him. I think this kid is a real solid talent and could be a surprise of the draft. He had some off field issues early in his Michigan career, but really turned his life/career around. Unless these rankings were put out before he declared for the draft some of these draft "experts" are missing a good WR prospect.

LtFinFan66
04-24-2008, 01:36 PM
I just watched this past years OSU/Michigan game yesterday on ESPN Classic. Arrington out-played Manningham in that game....but then again, it didn't take much

bigbub2352
04-24-2008, 01:41 PM
I had us taking him in the 6th rd in my mock, i like him alot, he has potential for sure and size

DraftBoy
04-24-2008, 01:43 PM
I just watched this past years OSU/Michigan game yesterday on ESPN Classic. Arrington out-played Manningham in that game....but then again, it didn't take much

You mean his two catches for 13 yards?

DraftBoy
04-24-2008, 01:45 PM
What do you want the report to say about Arrington? He's a classic underachiever. He had a huge game v. Florida which put him on the radar, he's got some size, average speed, decent hands, but he doesnt do anything really well. He'll be a late round pick or a UDFA, but he's got a lot to prove.

LtFinFan66
04-24-2008, 01:48 PM
You mean his two catches for 13 yards?Yep....Manningham was dropping everything in that game

hydro
04-24-2008, 01:55 PM
Does a Michigan player going to the phins bother you at all Lt?

Oaf
04-24-2008, 07:42 PM
I'd take him over Manningham any day.

BADTHINGSMAN
04-25-2008, 12:39 AM
Does a Michigan player going to the phins bother you at all Lt?

Lt, would not allow that to happen..

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-25-2008, 07:15 AM
What do you want the report to say about Arrington? He's a classic underachiever. He had a huge game v. Florida which put him on the radar, he's got some size, average speed, decent hands, but he doesnt do anything really well. He'll be a late round pick or a UDFA, but he's got a lot to prove.

I just can't agree with that. The guy made major strides from last year to this. He played with guts this season. He did it with no QB. I give him a lot more credit than that textbook answer.

DraftBoy
04-25-2008, 07:59 AM
I just can't agree with that. The guy made major strides from last year to this. He played with guts this season. He did it with no QB. I give him a lot more credit than that textbook answer.

No QB? Chad Henne is the #3 or #4 QB in this years class, he is no slouch, even Mallet came in as a Freshman and preformed admirably. His stats arent bad;
67 catches, 882 yards, 8 TD but I expect more. He was non-existant in the biggest game of your season v. Ohio State (2 catches for 13 yards) also was held in check v. App State (4 catches for 52 yards), the only reason he even is making some noise is because he did very well in the Bowl game v. Florida (9 catches 153 yards, 2 TD). Im sorry but torching an overrated Florida secondary isnt a huge accomplishment, if he showed a little consistency in his career Id be more inclined to rank him higher but he was so inconsistent.

You are correct he did show growth this year and he will be drafted or at least invited to camp, but he didn't crack my top 15, and the major problem was inconsistency and underachieving.

LtFinFan66
04-25-2008, 08:04 AM
Does a Michigan player going to the phins bother you at all Lt?Yep, but I'll get over it:up:

LtFinFan66
04-25-2008, 08:07 AM
No QB? Chad Henne is the #3 or #4 QB in this years class, he is no slouch, even Mallet came in as a Freshman and preformed admirably. His stats arent bad;
67 catches, 882 yards, 8 TD but I expect more. He was non-existant in the biggest game of your season v. Ohio State (2 catches for 13 yards) also was held in check v. App State (4 catches for 52 yards), the only reason he even is making some noise is because he did very well in the Bowl game v. Florida (9 catches 153 yards, 2 TD). Im sorry but torching an overrated Florida secondary isnt a huge accomplishment, if he showed a little consistency in his career Id be more inclined to rank him higher but he was so inconsistent.

You are correct he did show growth this year and he will be drafted or at least invited to camp, but he didn't crack my top 15, and the major problem was inconsistency and underachieving.You have to remember that their entire offense was non-existant in the Ohio State game (91 total yards)

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-25-2008, 09:14 AM
You have to remember that their entire offense was non-existant in the Ohio State game (91 total yards)

:ill:

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-25-2008, 09:17 AM

You are correct he did show growth this year and he will be drafted or at least invited to camp, but he didn't crack my top 15, and the major problem was inconsistency and underachieving.

Chad Henne was hurt half the year. He was definitely hurt in the OSU game. The App. State game is an exception as the entire team was bad. Don't worry, I have seen a couple places now that have caught on and see Arrington possibly in the 3rd round. I guess we can talk again on Monday to see where he is drafted. He goes late or undrafted, your assumption is correct, he goes early on the 2nd day (3rd, 4th, possibly 5th) and someone sees him the way I do.

DraftBoy
04-25-2008, 09:24 AM
You have to remember that their entire offense was non-existant in the Ohio State game (91 total yards)

That's not an excuse for not producing. Players make plays consistently.

DraftBoy
04-25-2008, 09:24 AM
Chad Henne was hurt half the year. He was definitely hurt in the OSU game. The App. State game is an exception as the entire team was bad. Don't worry, I have seen a couple places now that have caught on and see Arrington possibly in the 3rd round. I guess we can talk again on Monday to see where he is drafted. He goes late or undrafted, your assumption is correct, he goes early on the 2nd day (3rd, 4th, possibly 5th) and someone sees him the way I do.

He'll go 5th-7th Round. I dont think he'll go undrafted.

LtFinFan66
04-25-2008, 09:28 AM
That's not an excuse for not producing. Players make plays consistently.Hard to produce when the QB is being hassled constantly and the ball is wet and cold. There was a reason Beanie had 222 yards on 39 carries that day

LtFinFan66
04-25-2008, 09:32 AM
I have been looking through a lot of rankings and I don't see him. I think this kid is a real solid talent and could be a surprise of the draft. He had some off field issues early in his Michigan career, but really turned his life/career around. Unless these rankings were put out before he declared for the draft some of these draft "experts" are missing a good WR prospect.Apparently the Fins have him on their radar:

Watch for Manningham as third round pick if he's around. He didn't run well (4.6) at the combine and had issues with marijuana but that might still make him a value in the third round or even the fourth round. Another Michigan player the Dolphins like on the second day is Michigan receiver Adrian Arrington.
http://dolphinsindepth.blogspot.com/

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-25-2008, 11:21 AM
Hard to produce when the QB is being hassled constantly and the ball is wet and cold. There was a reason Beanie had 222 yards on 39 carries that day

:ill::ill: