PDA

View Full Version : Scoop: Brett Favre to Cover Madden NFL 09

Michael82
04-24-2008, 03:56 PM
GameDaily BIZ has discovered that Electronic Arts is preparing to announce recently retired Green Bay Packers quarterback and three-time AP MVP Brett Favre as the cover athlete for the upcoming Madden NFL 09, which is slated to hit store shelves on August 12.

According to the Facebook site for Madden NFL 09, the cover athlete is expected to be announced on April 25. Moreover, a quick check of the CBS schedule for Late Show with David Letterman shows that Favre is going to appear as one of Dave's guests tonight (April 24). For the past few years, EA has used late-night shows to announce the Madden cover. Last year Jimmy Kimmel's show was used to announce Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young for Madden 08.

http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/news/scoop-brett-favre-to-cover-madden-nfl-09/?biz=1

Michael82
04-24-2008, 03:58 PM
This is very cool of EA to do. Instead of putting another bum like Vince Young on the cover, or putting a guy who gets hit with the cover jinx, putting a classy guy like Brett Favre on there makes perfect sense! :up:

hydro
04-24-2008, 04:01 PM
He better be extra careful when playing touch football in the yard....

Mr B
04-24-2008, 04:06 PM
EA bought the NFL exclusive rights and then cancelled the PC version of Madden.

Michael82
04-24-2008, 04:07 PM
He better be extra careful when playing touch football in the yard....
:rofl:

raphael120
True test of the Madden curse...Brett Favre gets injured while chopping wood or something.

Michael82
EA bought the NFL exclusive rights and then cancelled the PC version of Madden.
when did that happen? I still got a PC version last year.

casdhf
04-24-2008, 04:11 PM
That was the last year.

RockStar36
04-24-2008, 04:15 PM
This is pure speculation. And I wouldn't go all out and say Brett Favre was "classy". But yes, I'd rather have a proven star on the cover than some idiot. Actually...I really don't care who is on the cover anymore.

Michael82
04-24-2008, 04:20 PM
That was the last year.
****! :mad:

Jaybird
04-24-2008, 04:26 PM
I CALLED IT..... CHECK MY POST....... DO I WIN SOMETHING OR GET A SMILE!!!!!!

mikemac2001
04-24-2008, 04:37 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=150870

FAVRE

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-24-2008, 04:59 PM
Video game magazines that I have read said that EA Sports is stopping making Madden for PC. & the Same will be true for the EA Sports NHL Series.

and from Micheal Moore (president) of EA Sports makes it official

We knew that our decision to not develop this year’s Madden for the PC would be an unpopular decision in some circles. But I’ll reiterate what I said a couple of weeks ago in this space…the PC presents some very serious business challenges to us in the sports category, particularly because so many of you all are playing your favorite sports games on the PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii. We are committed to shipping a limited number of our games on the PC this year, but we’ve also had to cut a few of our games from the platform. We do have ideas for how to revitalize the PC for sports games and the types of games that are best suited to the platform, and we’ll continue to explore those.

http://itsinthegame.ea.com/archive/2008/04/01/madden-20th-anniversary-and-more.aspx#

:$::$::$::$::$:

Mr B
04-24-2008, 05:57 PM
I wouldn't have minded if EA stopped making Madden for the PC. The problem is their exclusive rights agreement with the NFL means nobody else can make an NFL football game. Old guys like me who play on the PC will have to buy an XBOX to play the game.

The money grubbing NFL should take a look at this. One thing is for sure if the "exclusive rights" money was spent on making a decent game they would have maybe one time gotten it right. Madden is light years behind most games made today, but it is the only one out there.

Michael82
04-24-2008, 06:35 PM
I wouldn't have minded if EA stopped making Madden for the PC. The problem is their exclusive rights agreement with the NFL means nobody else can make an NFL football game. Old guys like me who play on the PC will have to buy an XBOX to play the game.

The money grubbing NFL should take a look at this. One thing is for sure if the "exclusive rights" money was spent on making a decent game they would have maybe one time gotten it right. Madden is light years behind most games made today, but it is the only one out there.
I agree. I myself love playing Madden on my PC, it's a fun way to kill time and it's different playing on the keyboard, versus the controller.... Damn EA! :mad:

Confused
04-24-2008, 06:48 PM
True test of the Madden curse...Brett Favre gets injured while chopping wood or something.

my guess would be that a drunken jim kelly accidentally shoots him while deer hunting.

jamze132
04-25-2008, 02:37 AM

I really like 2K's approach to sports games. Their baseball franchise is unbeatable.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-26-2008, 12:19 AM
Here it is...

http://www.gamestop.com/common/images/lbox/200431brp.jpg