PDA

View Full Version : Is Junior Seau a threat to the Bills if he signs with Miami?

jchild178
04-16-2003, 12:26 AM
i've heard alot a people say that this guy isnt what he used to be and that he is on his way down but is that really true?! i admit i never watched the chargers play but i never heard anything negative about him and i'll also admit im kinda nervous about us having to play against Zach Thomas and Junior Seau twice a year although theres no doubt in my mind that we have a better LB core and probably one of the top 5 LB cores in the league...anyways is there any reason why i shouldnt be concerned about Seau? GO BILLS!!

RedEyE
04-16-2003, 01:07 AM
Miami is always poses a threat, but Miami truly needs to bolster offense to be a legitimate threat to anyone. Seau will be productive in their system.

don137
04-16-2003, 06:15 AM
Seau had a career low in tackles last. While he was a great player he is nothing more than a high priced average player with good leadership skills. Plus in order to trade for him the fins need to cut salary which will hurt their depth.

Stewie
04-16-2003, 07:14 AM
Seau is overrated, takes himself out of plays a lot. He always had a good motor, but that can't be getting any better as he gets older...

Earthquake Enyart
04-16-2003, 07:26 AM
You can attack Seau and run him over. He can't hold the point of attack like he used to.

Also injecting a "leader" into a veteran locker room can be trouble.

don137
04-16-2003, 07:45 AM
Miami has stalled talks with Sammy Knight because of the cap it will need for Seau. In essence they lose Rodgers and the possibility of signing Knight for a 34 year old linebacker. Sounds like a typical Miami move to me.

ublinkwescore
04-16-2003, 08:16 AM
I'm not worried about Seau.

He's nowhere near the player he used to be.

Patrick76777
04-16-2003, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by don137
Miami has stalled talks with Sammy Knight because of the cap it will need for Seau. In essence they lose Rodgers and the possibility of signing Knight for a 34 year old linebacker. Sounds like a typical Miami move to me.

Exactly Don. Just another Miami “name” signing.

I don’t understand adding all of this defensive help to a top 3 defense, when their offense is so average (besides for RW).

Schobel94
04-16-2003, 08:52 AM
Remember when we played SD this year, was Seau's name even called? He couldn't stop Henry. Neither could Harrison, I beleieve Henry stiff armed Harrison into the ground. Also Remember the second Miami game, Thomas bounced off Henry like he was made of rubber. These guys dont frighten me. Also, at finheaven some guy said Seau will beat out Spikes for the ProBowl... LOL!! AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHH!!!!! Oh my... I needed a good laugh.

Earthquake Enyart
04-16-2003, 09:03 AM
And, taking this big salary, how will they have room for Griese?

Schobel94
04-16-2003, 09:18 AM
They can't, look at my thread for his contract details, it is rediculous!

The Spaz
04-16-2003, 09:20 AM
Miami is::wine: :beer: :hamrhed: :scratch: :hitself: :fiedler: :insane: :dizzy: :boozer: :freako: :scratch: :nerd: :idunno: ...any questions?!:)

Go Bills!

BillsNYC
04-16-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by don137
Seau had a career low in tackles last. While he was a great player he is nothing more than a high priced average player with good leadership skills. Plus in order to trade for him the fins need to cut salary which will hurt their depth.

for a second I thought that was Eddie Robinson you were talking about...

WG
04-16-2003, 10:55 AM
For the kind of cap that Seau's taking up, this move will help us. It means that they won't be able to do anything else w/ that space. Good for us!

don137
04-16-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by BillsNYC

for a second I thought that was Eddie Robinson you were talking about...

:lol:

Mr. Miyagi
04-16-2003, 12:11 PM
Junior Seau in Miami will be as much of a threat to us as Cris Carter was last season. Just another big-name, has-been, over-the-hill "veteran with leadership skills".

I'm not worried.

justasportsfan
04-16-2003, 01:05 PM
Overlooking what they paid him, Seau is an upgrade. If they land Sammy Knight, all I can say is that they did a good job with FA. Not as good as our FA moves but they are a dangerous team that just got more dangerous.

Fiedler is still a question mark but Norv Turner may make him better. RW is RW.

The AFCE just got harder and it's all a chess match from here on end. I hope our coaches are up to the task.

BTW , why did ESPN cover the Seau press conference and not Spikes? The only way we are gonna respect arround the league is if we start winningchampionships.

GW, it's all you now.

Big Dave
04-16-2003, 01:37 PM
The signing of Seau and T-Buck are definite upgrades to our defense. The offense should look better this year with a healthy Fiedler (and the loss of Lucas) in Norv's offense for a full offseason workout.

I'd say that our moves are still aren't as good as your moves, but you did have a lot of holes to fill. And it also looks like the Bills will be for real this year and not the doormat of the AFC East. It'll be a fun action packed year.

http://4dw.net/micheleblake/dolphins/emoticons/ani_pee.gif :fishfry: http://4dw.net/micheleblake/dolphins/emoticons/ani_pee2.gif

SoCalBillsFan
04-16-2003, 02:07 PM
seau is an upgrade, definately, but he does take himself out of plays. He's not a game changer anymore like he used to be. He hustles a lot but often runs past the play or goes with first motion.

WCoastFin
04-16-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
Junior Seau in Miami will be as much of a threat to us as Cris Carter was last season. Just another big-name, has-been, over-the-hill "veteran with leadership skills".

I'm not worried.

WHao! Mayagi youre wayyyyyy offff! Carter was signed toward the end of last yr...where as to Seau is coming in from day 1, also Seau is 34 ,Carter was 39.

Ebenezer
04-16-2003, 03:04 PM
Toast, you should know better than anbody else...

Seau is toast. If he had any value do you think the Boltz would give him up for a 6th??

Ebenezer
04-16-2003, 03:13 PM
What gets me is where is this guy going to play?? Zach Thomas just extended so he's a lock at MLB. Is he going to back up Thomas?? What a waste of money. WLB?? He'll get eaten alive. Miami switching to a 3-4?? Doubt it, they have a lot of money locked up at DT.

The_Philster
04-16-2003, 03:40 PM
They're looking at trading Derrick Rodgers so I'd imagine Seau would take his old spot.