Clear All
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Trade Down to 17, Trade up into the 20s

And draft 2 WRs.

This should be done.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

• Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: Trade Down to 17, Trade up into the 20s

Nah. Not 2 WR's. Reed and Parrish are fine as #3 and #4.

Now a WR and CB? Sure.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

I don't think we need to give up picks

At No17 we are good for our No2

With No41, No66 and No71, we can pick up decent TE, CB to develop and another guy who could be a WR, or a DT to start alongside Stroud, or a OL depth etc

People seem to forget that the key to this draft is its remarkable depth. There will be Day1 starters and a lot of them drafted in R4.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

Originally posted by casdhf
        And draft 2 WRs.

This should be done.
        I like it. I'm sort of an advocate of the extreme, which is drafting 2 WRs and a TE with our first three picks.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
          I like it. I'm sort of an advocate of the extreme, which is drafting 2 WRs and a TE with our first three picks.
          me too...

Hardy and Nelson @ WR...

I doubt it happens but I would love the influx of WR weapons.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by casdhf
            And draft 2 WRs.

This should be done.
            They should know by now what is going to happen with Evans.

They might as well draft 2 WR's if this is Lee's last year here.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              • May 2003

Originally posted by ddaryl
              me too...

Hardy and Nelson @ WR...

I doubt it happens but I would love the influx of WR weapons.
              I'm not as high on Hardy as I am on Thomas, Kelly or Sweed, but I really like Nelson, and would take a Hardy/Nelson combo in a heartbeat.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

We don't need 2 wr's. 1 wr and 1 TE will do .
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                  Defies all logic
                  • Oct 2006

Why waste 2 1st round picks on a horrible WR class? All I see is a bunch of #2's at best..

Comment

• ddaryl
                    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                    Why waste 2 1st round picks on a horrible WR class? All I see is a bunch of #2's at best..
                    That is arguable, but honestly I kind of agree.. as much as I would love a 2-fer on the WR front, I know it won't happen, and probably shouldn't.. but I'm desperate for some exciting offensive football that Buffalo hasn't seen since Bledsoes 1st 1/2 of his 1st season here, and before that the SB years of Jimbo and Co.

WIth rookie WR's I believe Thomas will develope, and I believe Hardy is exactly what you want as a compliment to Evans. Any WR coming out of college who scores and average of more then 1 TD per game should be on everyones board early. Especially the Bills whose red zone pathetic has been piss poor for way too long.

With Jordy Nelsons 122 catches last year and consistent college performance and dedication should not and will not be ignored. He will climb up in to the early part of rd#2 IMO. He may only be a #2 WR in this league, but he is defintiely the kind of player you want and will have a long solid NFL career. Heck I believe Jordy will be a fan favorite where ever he goes.

but all that being said I always find positives with our draft except for the TD's last draft in which I scratched my head for a long time afterwards.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      • May 2003

Originally posted by ddaryl
                      but I'm desperate for some exciting offensive football that Buffalo hasn't seen since Bledsoes 1st 1/2 of his 1st season here, and before that the SB years of Jimbo and Co.
                      That's where I'm coming from, too. I'm sick of driving 12 hours to every home game to watch Lindell kick field goals.

I'm friggin' desperate for offense.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                        • Sep 2004

I'll tell you what- if Evans isn't going to resign I wish we knew that. Dallas would give us their 22nd pick for him right now I bet- they've been sniffing around for Boldin and Roy Williams and Jerry Jones won't mind opeing the checkbook to pay Evans a big extension. I'd rather keep him but if he's going to walk we'll end up with nothing.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                          That's where I'm coming from, too. I'm sick of driving 12 hours to every home game to watch Lindell kick field goals.

I'm friggin' desperate for offense.
                          I understand and repsect your sentiments Jan. But drafting 2 WR's is not the answer, imo.

Get a WR and TE (I love Bennett, btw) and let them do their thing especially in the redzone.
                          Originally posted by mysticsoto
                          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            • May 2003

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            I understand and repsect your sentiments Jan. But drafting 2 WR's is not the answer, imo.

Get a WR and TE (I love Bennett, btw) and let them do their thing especially in the redzone.
                            I know, but an old guy can dream, can't he?

Comment

• The Answer
                              The Plagiarist
                              • Mar 2007

Just a rumor floating around out there - but I have heard that the Bills will only stay at #11 if Leodis McKelvin is there, which is highly unlikely given how his stock has soared in recent weeks.

There is also a rumor that we are indeed in talks with KC to swap picks with JP Losman included in deal. So our 1st (#11) and Loserman for their 1st (#17) and a 2nd round pick - it'd be nice if we could get them to throw in Tony Gonzalez as well.

~The Answer

Comment

Working...
                              X