PDA

View Full Version : Trade Down to 17, Trade up into the 20s

casdhf
04-25-2008, 06:30 AM
And draft 2 WRs.

This should be done.

Dr. Lecter
04-25-2008, 06:37 AM
Nah. Not 2 WR's. Reed and Parrish are fine as #3 and #4.

Now a WR and CB? Sure.

kernowboy
04-25-2008, 06:41 AM
I don't think we need to give up picks

At No17 we are good for our No2

With No41, No66 and No71, we can pick up decent TE, CB to develop and another guy who could be a WR, or a DT to start alongside Stroud, or a OL depth etc

People seem to forget that the key to this draft is its remarkable depth. There will be Day1 starters and a lot of them drafted in R4.

Jan Reimers
04-25-2008, 07:01 AM
And draft 2 WRs.

This should be done.
I like it. I'm sort of an advocate of the extreme, which is drafting 2 WRs and a TE with our first three picks.

ddaryl
04-25-2008, 07:36 AM
I like it. I'm sort of an advocate of the extreme, which is drafting 2 WRs and a TE with our first three picks.

me too...

Hardy and Nelson @ WR...

I doubt it happens but I would love the influx of WR weapons.

TacklingDummy
04-25-2008, 07:39 AM
And draft 2 WRs.

This should be done.

They should know by now what is going to happen with Evans.

They might as well draft 2 WR's if this is Lee's last year here.

Jan Reimers
04-25-2008, 07:45 AM
me too...

Hardy and Nelson @ WR...

I doubt it happens but I would love the influx of WR weapons.
I'm not as high on Hardy as I am on Thomas, Kelly or Sweed, but I really like Nelson, and would take a Hardy/Nelson combo in a heartbeat.

justasportsfan
04-25-2008, 09:43 AM
We don't need 2 wr's. 1 wr and 1 TE will do .

PECKERWOOD
04-25-2008, 10:08 AM
Why waste 2 1st round picks on a horrible WR class? All I see is a bunch of #2's at best..

ddaryl
04-25-2008, 10:23 AM
Why waste 2 1st round picks on a horrible WR class? All I see is a bunch of #2's at best..

That is arguable, but honestly I kind of agree.. as much as I would love a 2-fer on the WR front, I know it won't happen, and probably shouldn't.. but I'm desperate for some exciting offensive football that Buffalo hasn't seen since Bledsoes 1st 1/2 of his 1st season here, and before that the SB years of Jimbo and Co.

WIth rookie WR's I believe Thomas will develope, and I believe Hardy is exactly what you want as a compliment to Evans. Any WR coming out of college who scores and average of more then 1 TD per game should be on everyones board early. Especially the Bills whose red zone pathetic has been piss poor for way too long.

With Jordy Nelsons 122 catches last year and consistent college performance and dedication should not and will not be ignored. He will climb up in to the early part of rd#2 IMO. He may only be a #2 WR in this league, but he is defintiely the kind of player you want and will have a long solid NFL career. Heck I believe Jordy will be a fan favorite where ever he goes.

but all that being said I always find positives with our draft except for the TD's last draft in which I scratched my head for a long time afterwards.

Jan Reimers
04-25-2008, 10:28 AM
but I'm desperate for some exciting offensive football that Buffalo hasn't seen since Bledsoes 1st 1/2 of his 1st season here, and before that the SB years of Jimbo and Co.

That's where I'm coming from, too. I'm sick of driving 12 hours to every home game to watch Lindell kick field goals.

I'm friggin' desperate for offense.

Bill Cody
04-25-2008, 10:48 AM
I'll tell you what- if Evans isn't going to resign I wish we knew that. Dallas would give us their 22nd pick for him right now I bet- they've been sniffing around for Boldin and Roy Williams and Jerry Jones won't mind opeing the checkbook to pay Evans a big extension. I'd rather keep him but if he's going to walk we'll end up with nothing.

Dr. Lecter
04-25-2008, 10:48 AM
That's where I'm coming from, too. I'm sick of driving 12 hours to every home game to watch Lindell kick field goals.

I'm friggin' desperate for offense.

I understand and repsect your sentiments Jan. But drafting 2 WR's is not the answer, imo.

Get a WR and TE (I love Bennett, btw) and let them do their thing especially in the redzone.

Jan Reimers
04-25-2008, 11:12 AM
I understand and repsect your sentiments Jan. But drafting 2 WR's is not the answer, imo.

Get a WR and TE (I love Bennett, btw) and let them do their thing especially in the redzone.
I know, but an old guy can dream, can't he?

The Answer
04-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Just a rumor floating around out there - but I have heard that the Bills will only stay at #11 if Leodis McKelvin is there, which is highly unlikely given how his stock has soared in recent weeks.

There is also a rumor that we are indeed in talks with KC to swap picks with JP Losman included in deal. So our 1st (#11) and Loserman for their 1st (#17) and a 2nd round pick - it'd be nice if we could get them to throw in Tony Gonzalez as well.

~The Answer

raphael120
04-25-2008, 11:36 AM
And draft 2 WRs.

This should be done.

Only if the FO thinks we're not going to be able to resign Evans...

SyraBillsLican
04-25-2008, 11:58 AM
everybody is FAR too pessimistic on the Lee Evans issue. I have faith in our front office to resign this face of the franchise.

ur all just still pi$$ed that he had loyalty to Losman. youre all kinda fickle really. Let it go. Evans is here for the long term

justasportsfan
04-25-2008, 12:04 PM
Just a rumor floating around out there - but I have heard that the Bills will only stay at #11 if Leodis McKelvin is there, which is highly unlikely given how his stock has soared in recent weeks.

There is also a rumor that we are indeed in talks with KC to swap picks with JP Losman included in deal. So our 1st (#11) and Loserman for their 1st (#17) and a 2nd round pick - it'd be nice if we could get them to throw in Tony Gonzalez as well.

~The Answer
Where'd you hear that, in the Shire?

The Answer
04-25-2008, 12:11 PM
Where'd you hear that, in the Shire?

From a scouting colleague close to the Chiefs organization.

~The Answer

kernowboy
04-25-2008, 12:14 PM
It would make sense and picking at No17, No35 and No41 sounds good.

casdhf
04-25-2008, 12:18 PM
Evans, Sweed and Thomas

Evans, Sweed and Hardy

Evans, Sweed and Kelly

Evans, Kelly and Hardy

Evans, Thomas and Kelly

Which sounds best? I left a few combo's out.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-25-2008, 12:29 PM

I happen to believe this is true as well. I doubt that McKelvin will be there, but, if he is, I think he may be the only player likely to still be on the board at that point that the Bills will stick with the 11th pick to take.

~The Answer

I would make this deal in a HEARTBEAT...a nanosecond!

Deal our second round pick plus our third and by the 5th pick in the second round end up with a big WR, CB and the top TE on our board: think Thomas (Kelly or Hardy), DRC (or Talib) and F.Davis (Bennett or Keller).

And, eliminate Losman as a lockerroom distraction for more than they could get for him alone in a deal.

The Answer
04-26-2008, 03:55 PM

~The Answer

:snicker2: :snicker: ;)

Bump. And it didn't even take them the whole 10 minutes to pull the trigger.

~The Answer

Michael82
04-26-2008, 04:18 PM

~The Answer
Wow! I gotta give you props for this. Good call! :up:

When I saw McKelvin slip past the Patriots, I figured that was what we would do. He's the best CB in this draft. He must have been pretty high on their list, I guess.