PDA

View Full Version : Should we consider eric crouch?

TypicalBill
04-16-2003, 03:01 AM
Rams | Crouch Removal Coming - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
23:45 PT: Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports the St. Louis Rams plan to remove QB/WR Eric Crouch from the reserve-retired list. By doing so, Crouch could sign with any team he chooses.

does he fit here? he played at Nebraska and won the Heisman. The Rams messed up his career. But do you think its a good idea to take him to compete with AVP?

The_Philster
04-16-2003, 05:19 AM
No...there's a reason St. Louis had him at WR. He's purely an option QB...not something that usually works well in the NFL. Besides, he already has plans to go to the CFL, I think.

Earthquake Enyart
04-16-2003, 07:36 AM
I was actually going to suggest this too. I heard him on ESPN radio about 6 months ago, and the guy sounds like a winner. Wouldn't hurt to take a flyer on him.

But Gino Torretta was a winner too. :eek:

Captain gameboy
04-16-2003, 07:42 AM
I don't like the idea.
If we're going to pick and groom a Bledsoe successor, let's do it, not pick some guy that refuses to do anything but QB and has 32 GM's telling him he can't.

lordofgun
04-16-2003, 08:37 AM
Rich Gannon was told he couldn't QB when he was drafted by the Pats. They wanted him to be a safety, but he refused. Took him many years to prove he could QB, but his persistance paid off.

HenryRules
04-16-2003, 08:39 AM
Kurt Warner was told he couldn't QB when no one drafted him and he was left to play in the arena league.

Ebenezer
04-16-2003, 08:44 AM
Simply put, NO!!! The guy quit because they tried to change his position?? And then tried to keep the signing bonus?? Any of us would play water boy for the chance to be in the NFL. Bad news, imo.

Cntrygal
04-16-2003, 10:07 PM
Eric Crouch will be free to pursue a quarterback career in the Canadian Football League when the St. Louis Rams formally relinquish their rights to him this week.

Crouch will be waived from the team's reserve/retired list, probably on Tuesday, according to league and team sources.

more... (http://espn.go.com/chrismortensen/s/2003/0414/1539047.html)

TigerJ
04-16-2003, 10:45 PM
Nope! I just don't think he has the tools to be an NFL QB. At least Rich Gannon has NFL QB size. Crouch is short, lacks an NFL arm (I think) has no training in an NFL style offence and he's too old to start learning.

Tatonka
04-17-2003, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by HenryRules
Kurt Warner was told he couldn't QB when no one drafted him and he was left to play in the arena league.

actually.. he absolutely returned the SB.. he didnt want to keep a dime.. and had no intention of keeping the signing bonus for everything that i read and watched about the situation..

that said..

he is a quitter.. no thanks.

Earthquake Enyart
04-17-2003, 11:20 AM
I wouldn't call him a quitter. He wants to be a QB, not a WR.

Tatonka
04-17-2003, 12:56 PM
he is a quitter.. because he practiced as a wr.. knew the rams drafted him as a wr.. then signed a contract as a wr.. he was never told he would play qb.. and there is a reason..

he is a quitter in my mind.. and he was never a good qb in college.. he was a glorified running back.