X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Could Bills and Seattle Trade?

On Sirius last night they were talking that Buffalo and Seattle were working on a trade. I guess Seattle wants out of the first and Buffalo was working to get the 25th pick from them.

I don't know if there is anything to it, I just tuned into it mid discussion.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Bills and Seattle Trade?

I really don't understand the out of the 1st rd philosophy but it would be interesting for us.

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ddaryl
      I really don't understand the out of the 1st rd philosophy but it would be interesting for us.
      All Seattle needs is a TE. They can get that with Buffalo's 2nd rounder.

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

i dont understand how people are working on trades especially that late when they dont know who will be there.

i dont like the idea of giving up our 2nd and 3rd for 1 pick. we have too many holes.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

I agree Id rather sit tight and if anything trade down.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Gunzlingr
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
            i dont understand how people are working on trades especially that late when they dont know who will be there.

i dont like the idea of giving up our 2nd and 3rd for 1 pick. we have too many holes.
            My understanding is that full terms of trades must be on the card they give the commissioner, so teams are negotiating in advance, just in case.
            You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• mysticsoto
              Too sober for this...
              • Apr 2004

The trade likely means trading up for a WR like they did with Poz last year - which would mean they don't intend to trade down or pick up a WR with their 1st. Working out a trade is not a bad idea at this point. The Bills aren't locked in on the trade...they are simply working out a scenario with Seattle that they will execute if they get what they want with their 1st pick and find that a top WR candidate is still available once Seattle's pick comes. With the lower times between picks now, it makes sense to have scenario trades worked out already.

I like that they seem to be on top of things!!!

Comment

• ddaryl
                Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                • Jan 2005

I don't think we have a lot of holes.. We have some depth issues.

as for holes.. WR and TE are the only holes I feel we MUST fill in this draft.

we need to get a FB + a possible QB to groom on day #2 where we have buku picks, and we can use better depth pretty much everywhere, but mostly at CB, OL.

IMO we do not have a desperate need for DE, DT, LB, RB, S, K/P. We could use an upgrade at DE but it's not a must have, and would be a luxury this year because the only DE upgrade would come from the #11 pick, and I strongly feel WR and TE are much more pressing this draft.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  The trade likely means trading up for a WR like they did with Poz last year - which would mean they don't intend to trade down or pick up a WR with their 1st. Working out a trade is not a bad idea at this point. The Bills aren't locked in on the trade...they are simply working out a scenario with Seattle that they will execute if they get what they want with their 1st pick and find that a top WR candidate is still available once Seattle's pick comes. With the lower times between picks now, it makes sense to have scenario trades worked out already.

I like that they seem to be on top of things!!!
                  Im maintaining we are taking DRC at 11.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• Mahdi
                    • Mar 2004

What if Buffalo has this planned... Trade the 11th to KC for 17 and receive 2nd round choice...

Use pick # 41 and 3rd rounder to acquire Seattle #25.

Therefore we would have 2 first rounders and 1 second rounder. 3 picks in the top 40. Then you still have 2 4th round choices.

I think if they can make a deal with KC to trade down they will execute a deal with Seattle to move up.

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi
                      What if Buffalo has this planned... Trade the 11th to KC for 17 and receive 2nd round choice...

Therefore we would have 2 first rounders and 1 second rounder. 3 picks in the top 40. Then you still have 2 4th round choices.

I think if they can make a deal with KC to trade down they will execute a deal with Seattle to move up.
                      ok.. that would be sweet.
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi

I like this idea too, I think in this case we are targetting Phillip Merling at 17, or maybe at 25, the options are really interesting...
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• dannyek71
                          Drink Responsibly
                          • Dec 2004

If we could get DMC and Kelly (last 1st), TE in 3rd then this would be a great draft
                          [

Comment

• madness
                            • Apr 2003

I don't think we'd pull the trigger on this unless we trade back possibly with KC and get one of those picks back.

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

what time are we going to pick?

Comment

Working...
                              X