PDA

View Full Version : This Mock made me laugh...

Ickybaluky
04-25-2008, 09:06 AM
Not that I wouldn't love Dorsey on the Pats (I'd be shocked if he fell that far), but just because it would make Devin throw up in his mouth.

From Dr. Z:

7) Patriots Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU

They're a base 3-4 defensive team, but Bill Belichick likes to throw in a lot of 4-3 on pressure downs. And with the dynamic, disruptive Dorsey lining up next to All-Pro Richard Seymour, the Pats will have enough pressure to make lives miserable.

For the Bills:

11) Bills -- Devin Thomas, WR, Michigan State

Surprising that the best wideout is still left, but it's a great fit for the Bills, who need someone to complement Lee Evans on the other flank. The defensive coaches could win the argument, though, and then the pick will be a cornerback.

LINK (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/dr_z/04/24/nfldraft/index.html)

The King
04-25-2008, 09:10 AM
Not that I wouldn't love Dorsey on the Pats (I'd be shocked if he fell that far), but just because it would make Devin throw up in his mouth.

Throw up in his mouth??? Devin would cause damage that would make Hurrican Katrina say "WTF, Take it easy".

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-25-2008, 09:10 AM
I read that mock yesterday and all I could do was laugh at it.

Jan Reimers
04-25-2008, 09:13 AM
This would really upset all of the Hardy fans.

ddaryl
04-25-2008, 09:32 AM
This would really upset all of the Hardy fans.

no not really. I just think the Bills want a WR that doesn't do what Evans can already do. To me, taking Thomas at #11 means buh bye Evans in 2009...

I can see the Bills doing that because Thomas is built to go over the middle more often, where Evans doesn't do as well in this area. thomas is built more like Roy Williams whom many of us want to see us trade for.

Not saying that Thomas and Evans cannot co-exist, or can't compliment each other. However I presonally can not stop thinking about the amount of times our D has been burned by a finger tip catch in the back of the end zone by a real tall WR that nobody could cover even when there where 6 defenders in the area. 36 TD's in 32 college just amazes me.

With Hardy I can envision the everyones covered scenario and him being able to bring in the catch that is just out of reach for a defender.

Jan Reimers
04-25-2008, 09:41 AM
I'm slowly coming around. I wouldn't mind Hardy at all.

Elminster
04-25-2008, 09:44 AM
no not really. I just think the Bills want a WR that doesn't do what Evans can already do. To me, taking Thomas at #11 means buh bye Evans in 2009...

I can see the Bills doing that because Thomas is built to go over the middle more often, where Evans doesn't do as well in this area. thomas is built more like Roy Williams whom many of us want to see us trade for.

Not saying that Thomas and Evans cannot co-exist, or can't compliment each other. However I presonally can not stop thinking about the amount of times our D has been burned by a finger tip catch in the back of the end zone by a real tall WR that nobody could cover even when there where 6 defenders in the area. 36 TD's in 32 college just amazes me.

With Hardy I can envision the everyones covered scenario and him being able to bring in the catch that is just out of reach for a defender.
I think it represents their offensive philosophy. They don't want to light people up, they want to chip away. Evans is expendable to them, in other words...

clumping platelets
04-25-2008, 10:05 AM
Dr. Z is a mow-ron :coocoo:

LifetimeBillsFan
04-25-2008, 12:37 PM

From Dr. Z:

For the Bills:

LINK (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/dr_z/04/24/nfldraft/index.html)

It would make me throw up, too.

Not going to happen though. And, at least I can take some comfort in that!