PDA

View Full Version : "Too Many Holes" - I call BS!

Pride
04-25-2008, 10:30 AM
I have been reading over and over on this forum about all of these "holes" that we have to fill.

I completely disagree!

No NFL team has a top talent at every position. All teams have a handful of top talent guys, a bunch of above average, and the rest are average guys.

Success in the NFL comes down to a couple of things. Your top talent guys play extremely well, your above average guys play as expected, and your average guys take turns making great plays here and there.

We already have a few top talent guys (evans, lynch, stroud, witner, peters).
We have a bunch of above average guys (dockery, schoebel, mcgee)
And we have a large group of average players.

What needs to happen for the 2008 Buffalo Bills is for our top talent guys to step up a bit, our above average guys to play as expected, and for more of our average players to make a few better plays.

We have a lot of young guys who are in their 2nd or 3rd year, guys coming back from injury, and a few new faces.

Throw in 1-2 impact players (CB/WR/TE??) by trading up in the draft... and we are all set!

Go Bills!

Jan Reimers
04-25-2008, 10:33 AM
I agree. I think Marv and Company did a great job with the draft and FA to build this team back to respectability. Give us a quality WR and TE, and we're there.

raphael120
04-25-2008, 10:39 AM
I have been reading over and over on this forum about all of these "holes" that we have to fill.

I completely disagree!

No NFL team has a top talent at every position. All teams have a handful of top talent guys, a bunch of above average, and the rest are average guys.

Success in the NFL comes down to a couple of things. Your top talent guys play extremely well, your above average guys play as expected, and your average guys take turns making great plays here and there.

We already have a few top talent guys (evans, lynch, stroud, witner, peters).
We have a bunch of above average guys (dockery, schoebel, mcgee)
And we have a large group of average players.

What needs to happen for the 2008 Buffalo Bills is for our top talent guys to step up a bit, our above average guys to play as expected, and for more of our average players to make a few better plays.

We have a lot of young guys who are in their 2nd or 3rd year, guys coming back from injury, and a few new faces.

Throw in 1-2 impact players (CB/WR/TE??) by trading up in the draft... and we are all set!

Go Bills!

They see 30th ranked offense and 30th ranked defense...last year was a fluke year though because of all the injuries...it's really hard to say where the true holes lie...the only holes we found we had last year was holes at depth...because some of our backups were jokes, namely Chris Chambers on the OL and at WR and LB...

don137
04-25-2008, 10:39 AM
I think there are many more question marks than holes. IMO a hole is where their is no one that can step up and do a very good job. A question mark is where they have someone but he needs to prove he can get the job done (i.e. Trent Edwards).

ddaryl
04-25-2008, 10:40 AM
yeah I'm not on the "too many holes to fill" crew either.

we have holes at WR and TE. We can use upgrades at C, DE, and CB, and the rest of the team needs better depth.

the team is still predominatly young and should be getting better this year based on the experience factor IMO.

Saratoga Slim
04-25-2008, 10:57 AM
I think there are many more question marks than holes. IMO a hole is where their is no one that can step up and do a very good job. A question mark is where they have someone but he needs to prove he can get the job done (i.e. Trent Edwards).

That's exactly right. When I think "hole" I think last year. I.e. when we let Fletcher walk and traded Spikes. That left us with only two starting caliber linebackers. Likewise, when we traded Willis, we had no starting caliber running back. Those were "holes".

This year we have some question marks, such as Edwards, and some positions we need to upgrade, like WR and DE. But if the games started tomorrow, we have someone capable of starting at each position.

It's a better position than we've been in for several years.

Mitchy moo
04-25-2008, 11:05 AM
They see 30th ranked offense and 30th ranked defense...last year was a fluke year though because of all the injuries...it's really hard to say where the true holes lie...the only holes we found we had last year was holes at depth...because some of our backups were jokes, namely Chris Chambers on the OL and at WR and LB...

1/3 of the team on IR have anything to do with our rankings?

jdbillsfan
04-25-2008, 11:36 AM
Chris Kelsay is a hole

raphael120
04-25-2008, 11:53 AM
Chris Kelsay is a hole

:lmao:

DrGraves
04-25-2008, 12:25 PM
we don't have any "top talent" guys. evans, and lynch are good players, but they are not the best of the rb's / wr's, could be someday with some help. we have a dead last offense, is that not a hole to you?

jason peters has the potential too be one of those guys too someday.

maybe we don't have gaping holes to fill, but some spots need to be upgraded at the very least. WR, TE, CB, DL specifically.

sorry let me correct myself, one top talent guy- b. moorman.