PDA

View Full Version : Per WGR, Multiple Teams Wanting Bills #11 Pick...

raphael120
04-25-2008, 11:35 AM
They were just saying how Kansas City, Seahawks, and a few other teams have been talking to the Bills about their 11th pick...I think this is great...depending on how the first 10 picks play out and who falls I think we're in good position to make some moves, hopefully someone is still on the board that one of those teams who pick 16 - on will want to pull the trigger and move up... I really hope we move down and fill all our needs...we get our WR, our CB, TE, DE, FB...etc...

Mitchy moo
04-25-2008, 11:51 AM
They were just saying how Kansas City, Seahawks, and a few other teams have been talking to the Bills about their 11th pick...I think this is great...depending on how the first 10 picks play out and who falls I think we're in good position to make some moves, hopefully someone is still on the board that one of those teams who pick 16 - on will want to pull the trigger and move up... I really hope we move down and fill all our needs...we get our WR, our CB, TE, DE, FB...etc...

Talent level really falls off after the 15th pick or so, 5 WR prospects & all of us debated on who's best. I really think that the Bills need to focus on getting a threat at opposing QB's. Then move up to focus on one of the WR threats.

justasportsfan
04-25-2008, 11:54 AM
Sweet. All of a sudden 11 becomes a sexy pick.

Cmon people show us the money.

DrGraves
04-25-2008, 12:32 PM
yep lets get our wr and then gobble up one of the best tight ends in the second.

ddaryl
04-25-2008, 12:38 PM
I hope its true because now there is the possibility of an upped ante for the pick.

Scumbag College
04-25-2008, 01:00 PM
Seattle is coming from wayyy down there. I'd think they'd have to give something like their first, second, and fourth for the number 11 pick.

Michael82
04-25-2008, 01:08 PM
Seattle is coming from wayyy down there. I'd think they'd have to give something like their first, second, and fourth for the number 11 pick.
Seattle is supposedly looking to move out of the 1st round. That's why we are on the phone with them about our 2nd rounder.

Mahdi
04-25-2008, 01:11 PM
Im 100% sure Seattle is looking to draft Brandon Albert. Their OL hasnt been the same since Hutch left and Albert would bring it back to normal.

KC is thinking either they take Albert at 5 and trade with Buffalo to acquire Harvey or they take someone else at 5 and hope for Albert at 11.

ddaryl
04-25-2008, 01:16 PM

they could always sprinkle in a 2009 2nd rd pick

Seattles 25th = 835 points

Seattles 55th = 350

Seattles 121st = 52

that = 1237 they owe us some more.

Seattles 86 = 160

Seattle would almost have to give up a 2nd in 2009 instead of the extra 4th rd pick which would probably be worth maybe 250 points.

or Seattle would have to give us their 1st 2nd and 3rd.

I don't se Seattle doing this. They want out of the 1st from what I have read, and giving up all their picks in 1st 3 rounds doesn't make sense for Seattle who needs to start a shoring up its aging team.

Mahdi
04-25-2008, 01:19 PM

Seattles 55th = 350

Seattles 121st = 52

Seattles 86 = 160

Seattle would almost have to give up a 2nd in 2009 instead of the extra 4th rd pick which would probably be worth maybe 250 points.

I don't se Seattle doing this. They want out of the 1st from what I have read, and giving up all their picks in 1st 3 rounds doesn't make sense for Seattle who needs to start a shoring up its aging team.
Actually if you think about it its sound logic.... Seattle wants out of the first because at 25 there is no one they like... however if they could deal up to the #11 spot to get the player they like then it makes sense. Their game plan is probably to either trade up for their guy or get out of the bottom of the first.

Scumbag College
04-25-2008, 01:22 PM

Seattles 55th = 350

Seattles 121st = 52

Seattles 86 = 160

I was thinking that would be way too much to give up. I think more likely teams looking to trade up would be Houston to get OL help, or Philly and Detroit for either an OT or Harvey. I really like the Bills position, and if they are targeting a WR, should have opportunities to move down and still get their guy.

ddaryl
04-25-2008, 01:28 PM
Actually if you think about it its sound logic.... Seattle wants out of the first because at 25 there is no one they like... however if they could deal up to the #11 spot to get the player they like then it makes sense. Their game plan is probably to either trade up for their guy or get out of the bottom of the first.

Seattle has holes and an aging team. IMO they have no intention of sacraficing the 1st 3 picks of their draft for one player.

They need a OL, DL, WR, CB and more.

but this is Holmgren's last year so maybe he screws the franchise over for one last fling... but I still don't think so.

Seattle will trade down if anything

evol4276
04-25-2008, 01:31 PM
yea i heard last night on NFLN that we were looking to trade down. i figure if they know, theres a better shot at that being correct than some online site. i think shefter said KC was interested

ublinkwescore
04-25-2008, 02:23 PM
yep lets get our wr and then gobble up one of the best tight ends in the second.

I'm all for that - I want to address the O this year.

I think Stroud and Mitchell will be great additions that will compliment what we've got really well, and should only help our suspect secondary - I think Greer can be our #1 CB and later on, we can draft some depth/project player to try grooming.

Mahdi
04-25-2008, 02:47 PM
Seattle has holes and an aging team. IMO they have no intention of sacraficing the 1st 3 picks of their draft for one player.

They need a OL, DL, WR, CB and more.

but this is Holmgren's last year so maybe he screws the franchise over for one last fling... but I still don't think so.

Seattle will trade down if anything
Actually Seattle has a pretty set team. DL is good, QB, WR, RB, CB, S are all set. Their main problem last year was getting consistent blocking in the run game and setting up their play action which is why towards the end of the season they were throwing 70% of the time. Albert is perfect for their needs and if they could trade a couple of picks for him they will. Then they will take care of TE in the 3rd round.

ddaryl
04-25-2008, 03:02 PM
Actually Seattle has a pretty set team. DL is good, QB, WR, RB, CB, S are all set. Their main problem last year was getting consistent blocking in the run game and setting up their play action which is why towards the end of the season they were throwing 70% of the time. Albert is perfect for their needs and if they could trade a couple of picks for him they will. Then they will take care of TE in the 3rd round.

Seattle does not have a set team. The team looked very incosistent last year in more areas then just OL. They have an NFC West playoff team, but they are not the team that went to the SB a few years back, and trading up to #11 probably woul dnot be enough to return the team back to a SB contender.

that sure isn't what they are talking about here in Seattle. They have needs and aging vets. More then just one player. WR is not set in Seattle. They don't have any "glaring needs" but the team has needs for more then just a single player. TE is a big need in Seattle.

but again they would have to trade away there 1st 3 picks to move up to #11... leaving them with nothing until round #4, and they don't have a round 5 pick either.

Seattle will not be trading up with the Bills.

dannyek71
04-25-2008, 03:15 PM
Give our 1st this year for seatles 2nd, 4th and 1st next year