• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Answer
    The Plagiarist
    • Mar 2007

Chad Johnson prepared to sit out 2008 season

What a doushe, don't be surprised if Lee Evans follows suit and pulls some similar cancerous behavior especially after his boyfriend and roomate is traded or released:

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Posted: 27 minutes ago
    Johnson: 'I don't feel that we can compete"

Cincinnati Bengals coach Marvin Lewis called Chad Johnson's bluff earlier this week, saying the Pro Bowl receiver should make good on his promise to sit out the season.

"I've stated our case with Chad," Lewis said. "He has a contract through 2011. He's stated without an opportunity to go to a different team and a new contract, he wasn't going to play. I think he's a man of his word and says he's not going to play, so don't play."

On Thursday, in a wide-ranging interview with NFL Network analyst Solomon Wilcots, Johnson said he is, indeed, prepared to sit out during the regular season.

"I will take the criticism," Johnson said. "I will stick by my guns, and I will not be there. I feel things need to be done to make this team better. I don't blame Marvin Lewis. I love him. You have never heard me say one bad thing about my coaches or teammates. I know it's not up to Coach Lewis. Whether I'm traded, or if we get better players, is not up to him. If it was up to Coach Lewis, then he would do it.".............

~The Answer
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Chad Johnson prepared to sit out 2008 season

And people want this cancer on the Bills?
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by The Answer
      What a doushe, don't be surprised if Lee Evans follows suit and pulls some similar cancerous behavior especially after his boyfriend and roomate is traded or released:
      Lee Evans has never given any indication he would ever act this.

Don't be a fool.
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
        And people want this cancer on the Bills?
        What cancer? He has never said one negative thing about a teammate or his coach only about one of the worst run organizations in football. Talk about an over exaggeration.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Scumbag College
          • Oct 2002

Bring him in!
          Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
            Zero for Zero!
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
            What cancer? He has never said one negative thing about a teammate or his coach only about one of the worst run organizations in football. Talk about an over exaggeration.
            But his actions harm his coaches and teammates. As well as the fans of the team.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

But his actions harm his coaches and teammates. As well as the fans of the team.
              We constantly give players crap for asking for too much this guy asks his organization to clean up its act and bring in good players and look down on him for that too? Is a player not supposed to any kind of an opinion?
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• The Answer
                The Plagiarist
                • Mar 2007

How is saying "I don't feel we can compete" not an inflammatory and cancerous remark?

If that is not throwing your entire team and organization under the bus than I don't know what is especially since the Bengals haven't even had their draft yet and played any preseason games.

~The Answer

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

We constantly give players crap for asking for too much this guy asks his organization to clean up its act and bring in good players and look down on him for that too? Is a player not supposed to any kind of an opinion?
                  Having an opinion is fine.

Picking up your ball and going home is another matter. Be part of the solution.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

How is saying "I don't feel we can compete" not an inflammatory and cancerous remark?

If that is not throwing your entire team and organization under the bus than I don't know what is especially since the Bengals haven't even had their draft yet and played any preseason games.

~The Answer
                    Did you read what you posted, have you at all followed this story?
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

What cancer? The guy's been crapping all over his organization for months, and now he's going to sit out like a petulant baby?

And when things were going a little more to his liking, all he could think about was his next moronic end zone exhibition and his HOF 20 ? coat.

The guy is a complete ass.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Having an opinion is fine.

Picking up your ball and going home is another matter. Be part of the solution.
                        The guy has given 150% effort every Sunday and when asked to have better players brought in he is spurned by the organization. What do you want him to do? There is no arguing the Bengals as an organization really suck. God forbid their most talented player wants a little help and speaks his mind. In my opinion he's earned that right.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• RockStar36
                          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                          • Sep 2004

I hope Cincy stands tall with their stance of not trading him and "Chad is a man of his word" and calling his bluff.

D & S Sports

Comment

• RockStar36
                            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                            • Sep 2004

~The Answer
                            He was referring to how you automatically assumed the quiet Lee Evans was going to transform into a Chad Johnson type of cancer.

D & S Sports

Comment

• thims89
                              • Mar 2008

i say we should sign him for like 4 years and see what he does

Comment

Working...
                              X