PDA

View Full Version : Chad Johnson prepared to sit out 2008 season

The Answer
04-25-2008, 03:42 PM
What a doushe, don't be surprised if Lee Evans follows suit and pulls some similar cancerous behavior especially after his boyfriend and roomate is traded or released:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d807f7f6b&template=with-video&confirm=true

Posted: 27 minutes ago
Johnson: 'I don't feel that we can compete"

Cincinnati Bengals (http://www.nfl.com/teams/cincinnatibengals/profile?team=CIN) coach Marvin Lewis called Chad Johnson's bluff earlier this week, saying the Pro Bowl receiver should make good on his promise to sit out the season.

"I've stated our case with Chad," Lewis said. "He has a contract through 2011. He's stated without an opportunity to go to a different team and a new contract, he wasn't going to play. I think he's a man of his word and says he's not going to play, so don't play."

On Thursday, in a wide-ranging interview with NFL Network analyst Solomon Wilcots, Johnson said he is, indeed, prepared to sit out during the regular season.

"I will take the criticism," Johnson said. "I will stick by my guns, and I will not be there. I feel things need to be done to make this team better. I don't blame Marvin Lewis. I love him. You have never heard me say one bad thing about my coaches or teammates. I know it's not up to Coach Lewis. Whether I'm traded, or if we get better players, is not up to him. If it was up to Coach Lewis, then he would do it.".............

~The Answer

Jan Reimers
04-25-2008, 03:43 PM
And people want this cancer on the Bills?

Dr. Lecter
04-25-2008, 03:44 PM
What a doushe, don't be surprised if Lee Evans follows suit and pulls some similar cancerous behavior especially after his boyfriend and roomate is traded or released:

Lee Evans has never given any indication he would ever act this.

Don't be a fool.

DraftBoy
04-25-2008, 03:45 PM
And people want this cancer on the Bills?

What cancer? He has never said one negative thing about a teammate or his coach only about one of the worst run organizations in football. Talk about an over exaggeration.

Scumbag College
04-25-2008, 03:46 PM
Bring him in!

Dr. Lecter
04-25-2008, 03:47 PM
What cancer? He has never said one negative thing about a teammate or his coach only about one of the worst run organizations in football. Talk about an over exaggeration.

But his actions harm his coaches and teammates. As well as the fans of the team.

DraftBoy
04-25-2008, 03:48 PM
But his actions harm his coaches and teammates. As well as the fans of the team.

We constantly give players crap for asking for too much this guy asks his organization to clean up its act and bring in good players and look down on him for that too? Is a player not supposed to any kind of an opinion?

The Answer
04-25-2008, 03:50 PM

How is saying "I don't feel we can compete" not an inflammatory and cancerous remark?

If that is not throwing your entire team and organization under the bus than I don't know what is especially since the Bengals haven't even had their draft yet and played any preseason games.

~The Answer

Dr. Lecter
04-25-2008, 03:51 PM
We constantly give players crap for asking for too much this guy asks his organization to clean up its act and bring in good players and look down on him for that too? Is a player not supposed to any kind of an opinion?

Having an opinion is fine.

Picking up your ball and going home is another matter. Be part of the solution.

DraftBoy
How is saying "I don't feel we can compete" not an inflammatory and cancerous remark?

If that is not throwing your entire team and organization under the bus than I don't know what is especially since the Bengals haven't even had their draft yet and played any preseason games.

~The Answer

Did you read what you posted, have you at all followed this story?

Jan Reimers
What cancer? The guy's been crapping all over his organization for months, and now he's going to sit out like a petulant baby?

And when things were going a little more to his liking, all he could think about was his next moronic end zone exhibition and his HOF 20 ? coat.

The guy is a complete ass.

DraftBoy
04-25-2008, 03:53 PM
Having an opinion is fine.

Picking up your ball and going home is another matter. Be part of the solution.

The guy has given 150% effort every Sunday and when asked to have better players brought in he is spurned by the organization. What do you want him to do? There is no arguing the Bengals as an organization really suck. God forbid their most talented player wants a little help and speaks his mind. In my opinion he's earned that right.

RockStar36
04-25-2008, 03:53 PM
I hope Cincy stands tall with their stance of not trading him and "Chad is a man of his word" and calling his bluff.

RockStar36
04-25-2008, 03:54 PM

~The Answer

He was referring to how you automatically assumed the quiet Lee Evans was going to transform into a Chad Johnson type of cancer.

thims89
04-25-2008, 03:55 PM
i say we should sign him for like 4 years and see what he does

Jan Reimers
Here is what a professional would do: Suck it up and play.

DraftBoy
What cancer? The guy's been crapping all over his organization for months, and now he's going to sit out like a petulant baby?

And when things were going a little more to his liking, all he could think about was his next moronic end zone exhibition and his HOF 20 ? coat.

The guy is a complete ass.

Oh dont sit here and drag celebratory antics into the discussion to try and degrade it. The guy is not a cancer he gives his all every Sunday anybody arguing any different has other motives for that. If you dont like him because he talks trash thats one thing, but dont accuse this guy of being a cancer thats the most ridiculous thing Ive ever heard.

Dr. Lecter
The guy has given 150% effort every Sunday and when asked to have better players brought in he is spurned by the organization. What do you want him to do? There is no arguing the Bengals as an organization really suck. God forbid their most talented player wants a little help and speaks his mind. In my opinion he's earned that right.

First off, you just hit my pet peeve. He gives 100%. Not 150% or 110% or anything higher than 100%. That is impossible.

And I never said he could not state his mind. But, what he is doing,is throwing his coaches, teammates and others under the bus.

He can talk. But don't sit out like a child who just was punished by mommy.

DraftBoy
Here is what a professional would do: Suck it up and play.

:bs:

The Answer
Did you read what you posted, have you at all followed this story?

Sure did. Players like this need to keep their mouth shut and be happy to have a paycheck.

He's overrated to begin with and the Bengals as far away from being a superbowl contender as some people think - if fact if they played in the NFC they would definitely have been a playoff team the last few years.

~The Answer

DraftBoy
04-25-2008, 03:57 PM
First off, you just hit my pet peeve. He gives 100%. Not 150% or 110% or anything higher than 100%. That is impossible.

And I never said he could not state his mind. But, what he is doing,is throwing his coaches, teammates and others under the bus.

He can talk. But don't sit out like a child who just was punished by mommy.

How so?

"I will take the criticism," Johnson said. "I will stick by my guns, and I will not be there. I feel things need to be done to make this team better. I don't blame Marvin Lewis. I love him. You have never heard me say one bad thing about my coaches or teammates. I know it's not up to Coach Lewis. Whether I'm traded, or if we get better players, is not up to him. If it was up to Coach Lewis, then he would do it."

The guy is trying to take a stand against a ****ty organization, he's not sitting out because he wants more money, he wants to win. I didnt know that was such a crime in the NFL.

Dr. Lecter
04-25-2008, 03:59 PM
By sitting out he makes the team worse. If the team is worse, teammates get cut and coaches get fired. They lose their jobs.

RockStar36
04-25-2008, 03:59 PM
I guess I mis-read the stance of DraftBoy.

Chad Johnson is one of the most overrated wide receivers in the game, along side Terrell Owens.

He isn't worth the trouble any day of the week.

DraftBoy
04-25-2008, 04:01 PM
By sitting out he makes the team worse. If the team is worse, teammates get cut and coaches get fired. They lose their jobs.

What is this trickle down economics? If a guy is a cancer for a team and is no longer on it (either by being on another team or sitting out) then the team should get better since it no longer has its cancer.

Jan Reimers
04-25-2008, 04:01 PM
:bs:
If you think the concept of suck it up and play is BS, then we really have no common ground to discuss this.

DraftBoy
04-25-2008, 04:03 PM
If you think the concept of suck it up and play is BS, then we really have no common ground to discuss this.

No I think your unrealistic view of what a professional would do is BS. Its nice to say suck it up and play but when you go to work on Monday tell somebody below you their situation will get no better for the next three years and there isnt anything they can do about it. Im sure they'll just suck it up and play!

Jan Reimers
04-25-2008, 04:08 PM
No I think your unrealistic view of what a professional would do is BS. Its nice to say suck it up and play but when you go to work on Monday tell somebody below you their situation will get no better for the next three years and there isnt anything they can do about it. Im sure they'll just suck it up and play!
If they have a contractual obligation, damn right. And if they do their job to the best of their ability and don't spend all of their time *****ing and complaining, the organization might just get better.

At the very least, the employee will better himself or herself and be more attractive to a future employer.

DrGraves
04-25-2008, 04:09 PM
anyone who thinks cj would hurt the bills is an idiot. sorry but i had to say it.

mayotm
04-25-2008, 05:42 PM
Hey Answer, I agree that Chad Johnson is a douche.

Edited for TOS Violation ~DB

gr8slayer
04-25-2008, 05:44 PM
I guess I mis-read the stance of DraftBoy.

Chad Johnson is one of the most overrated wide receivers in the game, along side Terrell Owens.

He isn't worth the trouble any day of the week.
Wow, this is honestly one of the worst posts I've read in some time. As football players it doesn't get much better at their respective positions; how they are off the field is a different story.

LtFinFan66
04-25-2008, 05:50 PM
Have fun Chad

Dude
04-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Chad Johnson is a cancer. His actions and words are cancerous because they are divisive to the team. He will be a distraction the whole year no matter what. The focus will be entirely on him and his selfish antics rather than on the team.

He wants to win? Bull****. He wants more money. This all started because Mike Brown refused to renegotiate his contract for the fourth time (after just signing him to a huge deal two years ago that even Drew Rosenhaus was impressed with). CJ relizes that the only way he can get a new deal is if he gets traded. The only way, in his mind, that he can get traded is to be a distraction.

Sorry to burst your bubbles.

TacklingDummy
04-25-2008, 09:00 PM

I wouldn't want to play for the Bengals either.

As much as I didn't like Greg Williams as head coach of the Bills, I am glad Ralph never hired Marvin Lewis.