PDA

View Full Version : Is jerry jones becoming......

tat2dmike77
04-25-2008, 04:13 PM
The George Steinbrenner of the NFL?

With all the players he has brung in or is trying to bring into Dallas it seems that he is becoming the Steinbrenner of the NFL. We all saw earlier this week he brought in Pac Thug. Last year he brought in ME.O to upgrade his receiving corps.

Now it seems jones wants McFadden so bad he will stop at nothing to get him. Maybe he will pull a Ditka and trade all his picks away just to get him. Who knows but it's clear that Jones wants anthor ring NOW. Much like Steinbrenner and Synder he is bringing anyone to the table to help him fullfill his overinflated ego.

I know what some may say. Well ME.O was a good player with no distractions last year. Yeah well remember his first year in Philly was the same to. What happens if the cowboys loose does ME.O go back to being himself and we see him whinning again and claiming he "Needs to feed his family"

Just thought i would see what others may say.

gr8slayer
04-25-2008, 05:50 PM
Owens is entering a contract year and he knows that Jerry pays his people as good as anyone in the league. Owens isn't going to screw up.

Pacman was a no risk, very low cost deal. He actually took a pay cut to come to Dallas, if he screws up Jerry will can him. It's not that difficult.

By the way, where do you get this stupid **** about him wanting McFadden so bad that he'll give up all his draft picks? You are talking out of your ass and Jones has stated at least a quarter of a million times that he will not be trading up to get McFadden. If he does I assure you that it will be done in a thoughtful matter and he won't ruin his whole draft for the guy.

Go check out the roster, 3/4th's of the starters are people that Jones drafted. If you are going to compare, don't hate the guy for being a great football mind. If you want to compare anyone to Steinbrenner you should be comparing Snyder to him.

I wish Wilson was more like Jones, Jones likes elite talent and he does whatever it takes to get it.

YardRat
04-25-2008, 06:45 PM
Of course he is. That's why he was in favor of the new CBA, so he could throw bigger money around, get deeper in debt, and screw those in smaller markets.

If Jones was that much of a personnel genius, he could build a team with players that don't require opening up the vault. Jimmy Johnson, regardless of how much anybody hates him, knew talent. Jones only knows how to spend.

tat2dmike77
04-25-2008, 09:54 PM
Wow jedi i didn't realize how much you loved jones. I was just sayin about McFadden i highly doubt he would pull a ditka but he does want McFadden bad and you can't deny that. I know he says all kinds of things in the media but he also has made it no secret he wants McFadden. I guess you don't understand the meaning of MAYBE.

*This is why i stay away from this part of the board everyone knows everything and you are not entilted to your own opinion*

LtFinFan66
04-25-2008, 09:56 PM
as long as there is a salary cap, he can't quite match George