PDA

View Full Version : Don't get me wrong...

DrGraves
04-25-2008, 11:25 PM
I am as big of a Bills fan as you will find but... there is a 90% chance that the Bills will leave me dissapointed after tomorrow. I hate to be so pessimistic but knowing the Bills there is a extraordinary chance we mess the draft up.

What do you guys think?

Will the Bills fill their needs and leave you happy or will they leave us stratching our heads again?

OpIv37
04-25-2008, 11:47 PM
I'm with you completely- I think we're gonna get stuck "reaching" for a WR at 11 or we're going to end up without a first day WR- either option puts us in a bad spot.

With the draft though, it's always a "wait and see." What looks good on paper on draft day may turn out to be crap, or vice versa. So I'm not going to get too upset unless they do something asinine like use a 1st round pick on an RB.

YardRat
04-25-2008, 11:48 PM
I'm pretty stoked, and optimistic, that we'll get some players tomorrow. Can't wait to see who has the WR, CB, etc after their names.

raphael120
04-26-2008, 12:34 AM
i dont care what happens as long as we draft a WR on day 1....no excuses not to.

hammerbillsfan
04-26-2008, 12:44 AM
I'm pretty stoked, and optimistic, that we'll get some players tomorrow. Can't wait to see who has the WR, CB, etc after their names.

:beers:

LifetimeBillsFan
04-26-2008, 01:53 AM
I have a pretty good idea of what I think they will do. I know what I would like to see them do.

But, since I'm not privy to all of the information that they are privy to and won't be in the Bills' warroom during the draft, I'm going to wait to see what they end up doing and then try to see if I can understand why they did that.

I'm not going to be disappointed if they don't do what I think they will do or what I would do based on the information that I have. I'm just going to wait and see how things unfold.

Considering the way that this draft is shaping up, I think it is going to be an interesting day and that the Bills are going to be in the middle of what I expect to be a lot of action, especially in the first round. And, for me, it is going to be fascinating to see what happens and what the team is able to do to address its most glaring needs.

But, I don't see any reason to set myself up for a disappointment before anyone even is seated in the room. Nor do I see any reason to anticipate being disappointed before I have the slightest idea what the team is actually going to do. To do either of those things, IMHO, would be to adopt a defeatist mentality where, no matter what happens, I would end up being disappointed regardless--(it is refered to as a "self-fulfilling prophecy") which hardly makes any sense (especially since, whatever takes place, my ego is not going to be at stake and, therefore, there is no need to adopt an ego-defensive attitude in order to protect it).

Instead, I'm looking forward to enjoying the draft and I hope that you all will also enjoy it as well. At the very least it should be interesting to see what happens.

DrGraves
04-26-2008, 02:09 AM
I'll be enjoying the draft as well! Its just that the bills have done some strange things in the past, hopefully this is a new era! just a few hours away!

Night Train
04-26-2008, 05:08 AM
If you're upset, it's because you've become polarized with certain names and cannot accept anything else. We're just silly fans with draft guides and a few youtube highlights.

We'll see many here blow up over perceived expertise. I'm not impressed.

I'll take the positive outlook and look forward to camp.

Captain gameboy
04-26-2008, 05:56 AM
I'm with you completely- I think we're gonna get stuck "reaching" for a WR at 11 or we're going to end up without a first day WR- either option puts us in a bad spot.

All right!

That's our Op. Always in "game" form.

Remember..........The glass isn't just half empty, the substance in the half empty glass is a radioactive toxin!

Luisito23
04-26-2008, 05:59 AM
Hahaha.....

Jan Reimers
04-26-2008, 06:11 AM
I agree totally with Night Train. We should all realize that Modrak and Company are full-time, experienced, professional talent evaluators with resources and knowledge that far exceed our opinions. And Donahoe, the "Look at what a genius I am" guy, is gone.

I'll be fine with whomever we pick - our last 2 drafts (sans Donahoe) under these guys have been excellent.

Mitchy moo
04-26-2008, 06:45 AM
:bow:

ddaryl
04-26-2008, 08:24 AM
I am as big of a Bills fan as you will find but... there is a 90% chance that the Bills will leave me dissapointed after tomorrow. I hate to be so pessimistic but knowing the Bills there is a extraordinary chance we mess the draft up.

What do you guys think?

Will the Bills fill their needs and leave you happy or will they leave us stratching our heads again?

how can anyone be pessimistic. Since Marv our drafts have been real solid, and I fully expect the present regime to follow what Marv started.

not worried at all, just curious to see how it unfolds.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-26-2008, 09:03 AM
I use to feel the way a lot of you did. The team would draft someone and I would feel good or bad, but over the years I don't let it bother me. I figured it out on my own, unlike a lot of fans, that I really don't know what I am talking about when it comes to the team. I just take what the team does as they do know what they are doing. I assume that the organization knows a lot more than I do when it comes to scouting players even if I watch a lot of college football. I could think I like a player for what they do and I could wish for them to draft a certain player, but in the end I have zero control over it.

HAMMER
04-26-2008, 10:50 AM
Pessimism sucks, it grinds on me. I can't understand how people can go through life with such a negative attitude.

Typ0
04-26-2008, 10:52 AM
there is a lot of people around here that should just accept they don't know what they are talking about.