X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chernobylwraiths
    • Jan 2003

I hope to God that the Bills don't take a receiver

with the 11th pick, and particularly not Thomas. I have a bad feeling about the guy. I like the Nelson kid. We need a receiver with suction cup hands and him being big is a huge plus.

I don't want a corner either, but would like it much better than a WR. I am hoping for a trade down.
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: I hope to God that the Bills don't take a receiver

Harvey at #11 is the better pick. The Bills know that Thomas is too high at #11.

Comment

• shelby
      The Vanilla admin
      • Jul 2002

This is the first year i've known much about the players available, to be honest. Helping to edit DraftBoy's draft guide was very educational for me. i'm looking forward to seeing who gets chosen when.
      There really isn't anyone i don't want the Bills to take, but i have a feeling they'll trade down if they can.

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

@ #11 I agree.. NO WR

DE, OL and CB have the higher rated players here for us.

but the consensus is trade down for more picks

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

If the positions of need are filled by the end of Sunday, I'll be pleased. I can't get too caught up on when certain positions are selected. The scouts know the depth at each position, in terms of skill.

If a certain tall WR they covet with true #2 skills is gone by the 2nd round, then the Bills will be kicking themselves. CB is extremely deep in this draft, so it wouldn't be the end of the world to see a big WR in Round 1.

Don't get all caught up in this " Value " thinking. Go back 3-4 years and review some past drafts. You'll see how laughable that thinking is.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Night Train
            If the positions of need are filled by the end of Sunday, I'll be pleased. I can't get too caught up on when certain positions are selected. The scouts know the depth at each position, in terms of skill.

If a certain tall WR they covet with true #2 skills is gone by the 2nd round, then the Bills will be kicking themselves. CB is extremely deep in this draft, so it wouldn't be the end of the world to see a big WR in Round 1.

Don't get all caught up in this " Value " thinking. Go back 3-4 years and review some past drafts. You'll see how laughable that thinking is.
            I understand that every draft pick is a crapshoot, but even so, I didn't hear a damned thing about Thomas until AFTER the season and after all the ratings for players were starting. He kept moving up on draft boards and I have always been leary of guys who move up late on draft boards.

Comment

Working...
            X