PDA

View Full Version : Seems like we really want to trade down

historypete
04-26-2008, 01:55 PM
Everything I'm hearing and seeing is pointing towards the Bills really hoping they get into a bidding war for #11 so we can trade down. Chris Brown mentioned it again on his blog after talking with Brandon.

I think Thomas or Sweed is the pick, but they want to move down and acquire more picks before doing so. I hope we can because that would give us extra ammo to either move up into the 1st or 2nd after our initial picks. I get the feeling that we are going to be pretty active today. This could be very exciting, especially if Dorsey falls to 5 or 6, for us.

shelby
04-26-2008, 02:13 PM
Most of the mocks i've seen have us taking either Devin Thomas or DRC.

It will be interesting to see if the Bills move down, and if so, who they'll select.

Don't Panic
04-26-2008, 02:25 PM
There are so many teams that need a high end OLineman behind us, there has to be some offers coming in. If we're set on taking a receiver and the option to trade down to the 13-19 range comes up, we'd be crazy not to take it.

Captain gameboy
04-26-2008, 02:32 PM
There are so many teams that need a high end OLineman behind us, there has to be some offers coming in. If we're set on taking a receiver and the option to trade down to the 13-19 range comes up, we'd be crazy not to take it.

Depends on Albert's availability

historypete
04-26-2008, 02:37 PM
KC taking Dorsey really helps us I think. That will push Clady and Albert down since I see Jets, Pats, Ravens, Bengals, Saints going D.

The Answer
04-26-2008, 04:01 PM
Everything I'm hearing and seeing is pointing towards the Bills really hoping they get into a bidding war for #11 so we can trade down. Chris Brown mentioned it again on his blog after talking with Brandon.

I think Thomas or Sweed is the pick, but they want to move down and acquire more picks before doing so. I hope we can because that would give us extra ammo to either move up into the 1st or 2nd after our initial picks. I get the feeling that we are going to be pretty active today. This could be very exciting, especially if Dorsey falls to 5 or 6, for us.

My sources told me we were really close to a deal with KC but since McKelvin was there they pulled out at the last minute. I have on a very good authority that McKelvin was near the top of the Bills draft board and as I first reported yesterday there was no way the Bills were passing up on him if he was still there.

The only knock on McKelvin is that he didn't have a lot of INT's in college but a lot of scouts had him graded in the top 5 overall. Plus he is the best return man available so this was a very good pick IMO.

~The Answer

Johnny Bugmenot
04-26-2008, 04:12 PM
My sources told me we were really close to a deal with KC but since McKelvin was there they pulled out at the last minute. I have on a very good authority that McKelvin was near the top of the Bills draft board and as I first reported yesterday there was no way the Bills were passing up on him if he was still there.
So they were angling for McKelvin the whole time? Greeeeat... :/

The Answer
04-26-2008, 04:16 PM
So they were angling for McKelvin the whole time? Greeeeat... :/

Yes - this was the only scenario they were going to stay put and everybody thought he would be gone in the top 10.

I have no problem with this pick - because we are getting a player that can play ST and Defense. Just be happy that we didn't reach for a WR that we can still have in the 2nd round.

~The Answer

Johnny Bugmenot
04-26-2008, 04:25 PM
I'm still flashing back to 2003 when they needed a pass-rushing DE and there was this huge run and everybody we were considering got picked ahead of us.

We ended up with Chris Kelsay and ended up burning pick 1 on Willis McGahee. Look how well that turned out...

I hope that doesn't happen again.

historypete
04-26-2008, 04:35 PM
I guess I was wrong. I wish they had made the deal with KC if they were that close. My biggest disappointment would be CB here. I know McKelvin was the highest rated CB, but you can get a good CB anywhere.

I know the same can be said for WR, but there is a grave difference. That difference is we already upgraded our D enough where CB wasn't pressing. We haven't done a thing to upgrade the offense, and WR was by far the most pressing issue. I just hope we DON'T trade up now and pick somebody in the early 20s. I don't want to give up our 3rd rounder because we need to grab a TE there.