PDA

View Full Version : So far...

Devin
04-26-2008, 04:41 PM
Firstly I find it almost comical the amount of people screaming for a WR and not one has been drafted as of pick 22.

Turns out the people who get paid to do this might know best, imagine that. Its been said many times that this draft is full of 2nd tier WR's with maybe 1-2 deserving of 1st round status. And that has has been reflected so far.

Thank GOD we didnt draft one at 11.

Secondly I dont know where the misconception came from that the Cover 2 was a plug and play at CB. Its not. So quit saying that.

CB was absolutley a need for us, the problem is we as Bills fans have a bad habit of settling. "Player A played ok for us, we dont need to upgrade". Nonsense. The bills have alsways drafted very well at CB. Ideally id have liked to have seen a pass rusher, but CB was a very close 2nd. Id have rather gotten DRC but McKelvin is a solid pickup.

Our offense will be addressed, hell at this rate we will likely end up with Hardy, Thomas or Sweed. Course then all of a sudden the FO will be great.

shelby
04-26-2008, 04:49 PM
i love you.
If i weren't married, i would move down there and be your *****.
:D

Devin
04-26-2008, 04:51 PM
:afro:

hydro
04-26-2008, 04:52 PM
Well said :clap:

Devin
04-26-2008, 04:52 PM
make that as of pick 25 no wr.

The Spaz
04-26-2008, 04:53 PM
I am happy as a pig in **** right now.

hydro
04-26-2008, 04:54 PM
I really don't know what people can be complaining about really. Especially when we could end up with a great WR in the second. This place just makes me chuckle sometimes....

Devin
04-26-2008, 04:55 PM
YOu and I both my friend!

Michael82
I am shocked that all the WRs are still there. Looks like we might end up getting McKelvin AND Kelly.... :drool:

:pray:

Nighthawk
Firstly I find it almost comical the amount of people screaming for a WR and not one has been drafted as of pick 22.

Turns out the people who get paid to do this might know best, imagine that. Its been said many times that this draft is full of 2nd tier WR's with maybe 1-2 deserving of 1st round status. And that has has been reflected so far.

Secondly I dont know where the misconception came from that the Cover 2 was a plug and play at CB. Its not. So quit saying that.

CB was absolutley a need for us, the problem is we as Bills fans have a bad habit of settling. "Player A played ok for us, we dont need to upgrade". Nonsense. The bills have alsways drafted very well at CB. Ideally id have liked to have seen a pass rusher, but CB was a very close 2nd. Id have rather gotten DRC but McKelvin is a solid pickup.

Our offense will be addressed, hell at this rate we will likely end up with Hardy, Thomas or Sweed. Course then all of a sudden the FO will be great.

Devin, are you serious??? Most of the complaints about this pick has been the Bills not even considering a move down! I didn't want them to pick a WR there...I wanted more picks to get more players on a team that just isn't good enough to compete right now. It is nothing against McKelvin, but it has everything to do with this front offices ineffectiveness at taking a power position and turning it into more picks. I'm praying that the WRs keep falling and we get one...that would be great! However, I much rather would've seen another pick or two acquired.

hydro
04-26-2008, 04:58 PM
Devin, are you serious??? Most of the complaints about this pick has been the Bills not even considering a move down! I didn't want them to pick a WR there...I wanted more picks to get more players on a team that just isn't good enough to compete right now. It is nothing against McKelvin, but it has everything to do with this front offices ineffectiveness at taking a power position and turning it into more picks. I'm praying that the WRs keep falling and we get one...that would be great! However, I much rather would've seen another pick or two acquired.

Surprise surprise Nighthawk pretending to know what is going on behind the scenes. A top 10 player came to us at 11 and we grabbed him with the need apparent. Everyone needs to stop thinking they know more then the people paid the big money to do their job.

Devin
04-26-2008, 04:58 PM
The Bills have shown if they want a guy they will take him, and the past two years they have moved up to get guys. I like that approach.

jamze132
04-26-2008, 04:59 PM
Although I am unhappy with our first pick, if we can still get our top WR, I will be much happier.

If we still get our #1 WR according to our FOs board, than I will eat some crow and give our FO much credit for playing the board right... We'll see.

Dr. Lecter
04-26-2008, 05:02 PM
The Bills will end up with Malcom Kelly at 41.......

TacklingDummy
04-26-2008, 05:04 PM
Tenn and Dallas just made some surprise picks.

Michael82
04-26-2008, 05:05 PM
The Bills will end up with Malcom Kelly at 41.......
And I will be happier than DraftBoy would have been if we drafted DRC! :drool: :drool:

Dr. Lecter
04-26-2008, 05:07 PM
And I will be happier than DraftBoy would have been if we drafted DRC! :drool: :drool:

Man crush?

Illmatic15
04-26-2008, 05:08 PM
Im loving our pick! wow why is everyone pissed

Michael82
04-26-2008, 05:08 PM
Man crush?
sure, because he's the best WR in my opinion and will fill the biggest hole on this team. :drool:

OpIv37
04-26-2008, 05:28 PM

Totally agree about the Cover 2, but I think McKelvin is the better choice over DRC. He's a workout warrior- he's only been tested against top competition once and McKelvin can do returns as well, which means we won't have to use our #1 CB on kickoffs (yes, I know, McGee's not quite a #1 CB in terms of ability but he is the #1 CB on this team).

As far as WR, well, you may be right about the quality- apparently the 30 teams that already picked agree with you. But in the end, it doesn't help us any- we need top WR talent and we didn't get it in FA and now it looks like we won't be getting it in the draft either. So we'll end up with McKelvin and one of the better receivers in the draft- yet that still won't give us the on-field talent we need for Sunday afternoons.