• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Schobel94
    The Sack Master
    • Jan 2003

Seau's Contract Details

Before I post the details, let me just say, AHAHAHHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAH OMG!!! AHAHAHAHAH AHAHHA AHAHHA!! This is the definition of overpaid! Get this he is being paid roughly 7.5 mil over 2 years with a 3 mil signing bonus, thats about 4 mil a year! For him! LOL they can have him! AHAHAHAHHAH!!!

"The bottom line is that Seau will earn $6 million for this season. He would have collected $5.7 million, including the $2.7 million roster bonus due on April 15, had he remained with the Chargers. The Dolphins have agreed to send San Diego a sixth-round draft choice in 2004 for Seau that probably will be upgraded to a fifth-rounder if he reaches playing-time incentives.

To make the trade work, Miami ultimately paid $700,000 of the $2.7 million roster bonus. The Dolphins plan to sign Seau to a four-year contract (* edit should say 2 year deal) that will include a $3 million signing bonus. Financially, the two-year deal in Miami is close to the $7.5 million the Arizona Cardinals were offering."

Beware the sack master!
  • Captain gameboy
    • Jul 2002

The first nail in Wanny's coffin is failing to make the playoffs last year.
    The Seau contract is the second.

Comment

• simpletask400
      • Mar 2003

OMG is right!!

lol, take him, are the Fins ever going to get this thing right?

They are going to be hit very hard in a few years and they will be in major salary cap hell.

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

he'll either be cut and never see it or...Repeat after me...or Salary cap hell

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Wys Guy
          Drew and Sam stole all my hair
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gameboy
          The first nail in Wanny's coffin is failing to make the playoffs last year.
          The Seau contract is the second.
          Yeah, these are desparate indications for sure.

Is Wannstedt the deal maker down in Miami tho? Not really his fault if he isn't.

What a desperate move! Wow! Overpaid is an understatement. Well, I guess we'll find out how good he really is still. Heck, for that kind of money we got Spikes!
          Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Schobel94
            The Sack Master
            • Jan 2003

This is from a fin fan "the Seau deal is probably very cap friendly...
            " Umm... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!! 3 mil bonus for a 34 year old wash up!! Who on our team has a 3 mil bonus! Moulds, Spikes, and maybe Brown (maybe), that is the definition of cap UNfriendly. LOL!!
            Beware the sack master!

Comment

• Bulldog
              Top Dog
              • Jan 2003

Complete idiots!
              I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• don137
                • Jul 2002

Daniel Snyder must own the Dolphins also....I guess you can say the fins will be getting a top draft pick in two years because after this year they will SUCK. I personally think they are the weakest team in the division now...

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Re: Seau's Contract Details

Originally posted by Schobel94
                  The bottom line is that Seau will earn $6 million for this season. He would have collected $5.7 million, including the $2.7 million roster bonus due on April 15, had he remained with the Chargers. The Dolphins have agreed to send San Diego a sixth-round draft choice in 2004 for Seau that probably will be upgraded to a fifth-rounder if he reaches playing-time incentives.

To make the trade work, Miami ultimately paid $700,000 of the $2.7 million roster bonus. The Dolphins plan to sign Seau to a four-year contract (* edit should say 2 year deal) that will include a $3 million signing bonus. Financially, the two-year deal in Miami is close to the $7.5 million the Arizona Cardinals were offering."

He gets a $700K roster bonus
                  He gets $3 mil signing bonus
                  So, His salary this year is $2.3 mil

It appears he'll count $3.75 mil against the cap this year??

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Schobel94
                    The Sack Master
                    • Jan 2003

Right, that sounds about right. That's a crap load of money. With the 2 mil that SD payed gim thats about 6 mil all together. I'm not sure if it's 2 years or 4 years, it said both. It's confusing, we'll have to wait for another source to confirm it.
                    Last edited by Schobel94; 04-16-2003, 11:47 AM.
                    Beware the sack master!

Comment

• Captain gameboy
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy

Is Wannstedt the deal maker down in Miami tho? Not really his fault if he isn't.
                      Doesn't matter if he Wanny was an advocate or not.
                      GM's don't throw high priced FA's at head coaches who can't do anything with them forever.

He could have been begging them not to do this deal. Regardless, unless the Dolphins suffer a catastrophic injury plague, if he doesn't get deep in the playoffs this year, he's gone.

Comment

• Big Dave
                        • Apr 2003

Did we overpay? Most definitely. But how often do we overpay for a free agent? Never. I like the move. Sure he's not the man he was 3 years ago, but the man can still play. Don't let his stats from last year fool you. 84 tackles in only 11 games with a bad ankle is a phenomenal job. In fact, he was co-defensive player for the month of September last year before his ankle injury.

The fact is that Junior Seau upgrades a Miami Dolphins defense that was all ready a #3 defense. The key to stopping Miami's defense has always been to try to double team Zach Thomas. Try that now with Junior Seau standing next to him.

Salary cap hell? Most teams seem to get into it and back out of it in a year. I'm not worried about it. Win now, baby.

Bills win streak stops at 2.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                          • Jul 2002

And people laughed when I suggested we could get him to play the outside for $1.5-2M/yr.

I was told that he wouldn't get that, eh. I still think we shoulda offered him what Posey got for 2 seasons. I'd still take Seau over Posey at SLB.
                          Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• 4thAndLong
                            I'm Really 4 and Short
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Big Dave
                            Did we overpay? Most definitely. But how often do we overpay for a free agent? Never. I like the move. Sure he's not the man he was 3 years ago, but the man can still play. Don't let his stats from last year fool you. 84 tackles in only 11 games with a bad ankle is a phenomenal job. In fact, he was co-defensive player for the month of September last year before his ankle injury.

The fact is that Junior Seau upgrades a Miami Dolphins defense that was all ready a #3 defense. The key to stopping Miami's defense has always been to try to double team Zach Thomas. Try that now with Junior Seau standing next to him.

Salary cap hell? Most teams seem to get into it and back out of it in a year. I'm not worried about it. Win now, baby.

Bills win streak stops at 2.
                            This is one of the most biased posts I've ever seen.

A #3 D that didn't make the playoffs, and you said it yourself. Seau isn't the player he was 3 years ago. You are drastically over-paying an over-the-hill player.

No, the key to Miami's D is to get an OL or a hard-hitting FB on Thomas. Get a big body on him and he's completely out of the game. Just ask Gash. Not as easy as it sounds though, because the Dolphins have a pretty good DL. But, I think Gash still has enough left in the tank this year.

Most teams get out in a year? Possibly, but after you get rid of 90-100% of your good players. Then you suffer from not having experience, and you have a bunch of young players, most whom cant cut it in the NFL. Cap hell isn't a 1 season type of thing.
                            Last edited by 4thAndLong; 04-16-2003, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                              Give me a minute...
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Big Dave

They are going to cut costs by trading Derrick Rogers...to me it means a slight upgrade. No extra benefits.

Win now?? The 'Fin offseason was basically status quo if that. Still no salary cap flexibility without tying up future money and no 1st rounder this year. Because of cap situation the depth you had is slowly fading away. BTW, who are the 'Fins starting OTs?? You didn't make the playoffs with the team you had last year and have done little to upgrade the team. What makes you think you will "Win now, baby"? All I see is a 7-9 or 8-8 team that is looking forward to a salary cap purge in 2004 or 2005...not pretty.

Comment

Working...
                              X