ParanoidAndroid
04-26-2008, 07:15 PM
Devin Thomas
Malcolm Kelly
Fred Davis
:shocked:

Pride
04-26-2008, 07:20 PM
Nothing like building an offense in 1 day! Geez!

mikemac2001
04-26-2008, 07:21 PM
ya its ****ing nuts

Al the Bills Fan
04-26-2008, 07:24 PM
They may have to play with two or three balls with all those weapons.

Bert102176
04-26-2008, 07:28 PM
yeah the F*%$#rs

Michael82
04-26-2008, 08:36 PM
Devin Thomas
Malcolm Kelly
Fred Davis
that's exactly what I wanted to see. :sigh:

But I am pretty pleased with the two guys we got so far.... :up:

Michael82
04-26-2008, 08:38 PM
They may have to play with two or three balls with all those weapons.
don't forget....they also have Santana Moss, Antwaan Randle El, and Chris Cooley! :shocked:

:drool:

PECKERWOOD
04-26-2008, 08:40 PM
Such morons, this isn't Madden. So are they going to run 4 WR sets all day long? Moss, Randle El, Thomas and Kelly, doesn't make sense to me. Fred Davis is the cherry on top of the sundae, he is a Cooley clone. I think the Skins had a really bad draft.

TacklingDummy
04-26-2008, 08:42 PM
The Redskins did what the Bills should have done. But the Bills needed 2 WR and TE, the Redskins already had 2 WRs.

Kerr
04-26-2008, 08:45 PM
Moss is getting older and randle el hasn't really met their expectations. These were good picks for the future. Davis if anything else could be a nice backup to cooley. Zorn is a WCO guy and both kelly and thomas are a nice fit.

Meathead
04-26-2008, 08:47 PM
davis was the only surprise cuz theyve done so well with coochie but still thats a ton of offensive talent in one day

best of the draft teamwise so far

YardRat
04-26-2008, 08:51 PM
I think Kansas City did better.

Washington got some nice names, but this isn't a fantasy league and there's only one ball on the field at any given time.

Meathead
04-26-2008, 09:00 PM
kc:
1-5 dt dorsey
1-15 g albert
2-4 cb flowers

ok i can see that

going solely by predraft rankings it would be the skins value wise but of course those rankings usually dont mean squat a year from now

HughC
04-26-2008, 10:29 PM
Devin Thomas
Malcolm Kelly
Fred Davis

When did Matt Millen become GM of the Redskins?

ParanoidAndroid
04-26-2008, 11:04 PM
Chris Cooley plays like an H-back....Davis is an oversized WR. I can see them playing very different roles.

Dozerdog
04-26-2008, 11:10 PM
I think the most important ingredient here is .....Campbell

He sucks

A lot of weapons but no weapon delivery system.

TacklingDummy
04-26-2008, 11:12 PM

He sucks

Agreed. What good is those weapons when the QB sucks?

PECKERWOOD
04-26-2008, 11:15 PM
Campbell will have to throw the ball 40-50 times a game for all these guys to have an impact, it just isn't going to happen. Drafting Kelly and Davis is like buying a mustang and a corvette just to keep them in your garage all day.

Mr. Miyagi
04-27-2008, 01:24 AM

He sucks

That's what I was just going to say.

It's like a souped up hot rod with big race tires and a Toyota 1.2L engine.

What a waste of a talented WR corp.

kernowboy
04-27-2008, 04:51 AM
I actually think the Bills have had the best draft.

We haven't made any crazy moves, giving up picks and considering the quality of the guys who have slipped, that could be extremely valuable.

We have drafted the consensus No1 ranked CB in the draft Leondis McKelvin who not only fills a positional need, but is also an exceptional returner allowing us to rotate 3 of the best returners in the game, depending on the play that occured before. He was rated higher than when he was selected by us.

In Round 2, we have drafted the most productive and biggest redzone threats of all the WRs. Hardy had more college TDs than Thomas and Sweed combined. He also did not have injury flag that Sweed and Kelly have. His character issues were investigated and found not to be the overblown issue previously reported. He displayed maturity in the scouting process, whilst Kelly temper tantrummed his way out of R1. I'm surprised people are still expressing disappointment in not drafting a slow, immature guy with an injury flag.

McKelvin and Hardy - The Bills are not getting the credit for an exceptional Day1.

Night Train
04-27-2008, 04:53 AM
don't forget....they also have Santana Moss, Antwaan Randle El, and Chris Cooley! :shocked:

:drool:

Which should ring a bell on why their draft was so ******ed. They have lots of other needs they didn't fill.

jmb1099
04-27-2008, 07:21 AM
They drafted replacements to replace big contracts. They will be looking to move either one or both of their big name receivers by next year. So in a sense they did make great strides in moving towards building their offense, but they did leave an awful lot of holes to fill in the meantime.

Had we selected these players I would have been excited too, but this is no way negates what was accomplished today for the Bills. We select what most say is the best CB in the draft and a stud receiver who provides the size we have been lacking for years. No complaints from me about day one, no would haves or could haves.

Jan Reimers
04-27-2008, 07:38 AM
The Skins' first day draft was exactly what I wanted for the Bills. But getting the best CB and the biggest of the highly regarded WRs is a damned good day, and makes us better in a hurry on both sides of the ball.

Michael82
04-27-2008, 08:50 AM
The Skins' first day draft was exactly what I wanted for the Bills. But getting the best CB and the biggest of the highly regarded WRs is a damned good day, and makes us better in a hurry on both sides of the ball.
Good post, Jan! I totally agree. :clap: