PDA

View Full Version : Were you a lil bummed out when Malcolm Kelly & Sweed came off the board?

Marvelous
04-26-2008, 09:19 PM
I was. I dunno why.. I knew we had our WR. I knew it didnt make any sense to trade back in, but i really though Kelly was/is a better palyer then his workouts, & that Sweed somehow woulda been a Buffalo Bill... I love the Hardy pick, but yeah i admit thatfor reasons unknow, or silly i was a tad bummed when they came off the board... Screw you Washington!!!

BILLSROCK1212
04-26-2008, 10:22 PM
yea i was bummed w/ Sweed for sure

HHURRICANE
04-26-2008, 10:23 PM
Washington getting both is pretty shocking considering they had other needs.

FlyingDutchman
04-26-2008, 10:28 PM
I was bummed when Bennett came off the board

Devin
04-26-2008, 10:40 PM
Same here I was bummed Dallas took Bennett.

Kelly I believe to be a bust waiting to happen, no better then a slot and maybe a #2 on a good day. Sweed I liked, but Hardy was the guy I hoped we got.

Meathead
04-26-2008, 10:58 PM
well the bills said hardy was the guy they wanted all along which is obvious since they passed on all the others to take him. so while i was surprised when they made the pick it didnt really matter to me where the other guys went afterwards cuz i trust their judgment

hell its not like we're the jets or something. theyve made an art form out of blowing early round picks. didnt do bad this year tho

Meathead
04-26-2008, 11:01 PM
I was bummed when Bennett came off the board
yeah i was getting excited that he might still be there starting day 2 but got disappointed right at the end there

but if connor can make it thru the first what nine picks tommorrow id rather have him anyway

Bert102176
04-26-2008, 11:05 PM
hell yeah I was, the Bills screwed up not sure y I'm surprised that they did, seems like they always screw something up the last 10 years, ok not bummed I'm pissed, we missed out on some good WR's I'm not sure about Hardy and to hell with picking a CB in the 1st it cost us getting a good TE

Bert102176
04-26-2008, 11:10 PM
we still need another WR perhaps 2 more to get us ready when Lee leaves as a FA next year the Bills will only pay good money to a half assed OL like Dockery instead of paying guys like Pat Williams, Clements, and soon to be Evans

mikemac2001
04-26-2008, 11:10 PM
hell yeah I was, the Bills screwed up not sure y I'm surprised that they did, seems like they always screw something up the last 10 years, ok not bummed I'm pissed, we missed out on some good WR's I'm not sure about Hardy and to hell with picking a CB in the 1st it cost us getting a good TE

Most people had us taking a wr with the 11th or trade down at 17

Leodis and Hardy i couldnt have asked for more....even if it was leodis and a wr i was gonna be happy and i didnt even want corner but we still had shot at 1 of the 3 i wanted

Bert102176
04-26-2008, 11:17 PM
sorry just been a very bad week broke up with my gf and screwed up my back now I'm off work till it's better and the meds aren't even touching the pain so I'm cranky

tat2dmike77
04-27-2008, 01:04 AM
Lets not forget the guys we picked up had 36 TD's in Big10 play for Indiana yes thats indiana. One of the worst schools in big ten football.

Devin
04-27-2008, 01:06 AM
One of the worst schools in the big 10? And he still had 36 tds?

Rock on! :jam:

Ebenezer
04-27-2008, 01:24 AM
One of the worst schools in the big 10? And he still had 36 tds?

Rock on! :jam:
and more than 2/3 of them came against Big 10 teams.

kernowboy
04-27-2008, 01:26 AM
There was no way that we could have traded down from No11, and noboody except the Chiefs wanted to trade with us. We certainly couldn't match any offers to trade up.

Considering that and with no-one valuing WRs or TEs, lets forget the nonsense that we should have gone WR and TE. Its about value coming off the board.

McKelvin was being drafted anywhere between No6 (Jets) and No10 (Saints) so at No11 we have gotten a bargain

And Hardy was anywhere between No24 (Titans) and No39 (49ers) so at No41 we again got a great deal

I am no medical expert but there are obivously concerns about Malcolm Kelly in this area. He is also incredibly slow, and his tantrum at Oklahoma's Pro Day clearly raised issues of maturity.

Opposed to this, in his interview, James Hardy must have been very mature to overcome the previous character issues attributed to him so I for one will think he'll be a better player than Kelly.

kernowboy
04-27-2008, 01:30 AM
we still need another WR perhaps 2 more to get us ready when Lee leaves as a FA next year the Bills will only pay good money to a half assed OL like Dockery instead of paying guys like Pat Williams, Clements, and soon to be Evans

Lee Evans can be franchised by the team and then traded. With that selection we can be replaced by one of the speedsters coming out in 2009 including

Darrius Heyward-Bey
Jeremy Maclin
Brandon LaFell
Oderick Turner
Brian Robiskie
or if we are insanely lucky Michael Crabtree

We have a great draft so far and its all doom and gloom

Night Train
04-27-2008, 04:42 AM
No WR's taken in Round 1 should have been a giant wakeup call for many here.