PDA

View Full Version : Draft Losers

PECKERWOOD
04-26-2008, 10:29 PM
Who in your mind had the worst draft? My pick is Washington. Come on, Devin Thomas, Fred Davis and Malcolm Kelly? Just doesn't make sense to me. I really think we will look back at their draft and just laugh at them. Saying that Snyder went to the school of Matt Millen is a complete understatement. Fred Davis is the same type of player as Cooley and it's almost impossible for Moss, Thomas, Kelly, Randle El, Cooley and Davis ALL to have an impact. Their draft definately had me scratching my head the most. :scratch:

TacklingDummy
04-26-2008, 10:38 PM
Giving Moss and Randle El all that money was more stupid than drafting Davis, Kelly, and Thomas.

Devin
04-26-2008, 10:39 PM
I do and I dont.

I think washington is trying to build a young core on the offense. They have a solid OL, they have a young QB in Campbell. A very nice WR core of Thomas, Moss, Kelly and Randle-El along with a solid Hback in Cooley and TE in Davis. You have Portis running the ball with solid depth at RB.

While personally it wouldnt have been my strategy, I certainly dont think it was terrible. They could also be preparing to dump one of those big salaries.

Bert102176
04-26-2008, 11:29 PM
I think Detroit sucked with their picks

mikemac2001
04-26-2008, 11:30 PM
The browns really disappointed me

theanswer74
04-26-2008, 11:36 PM
Atlanta was the #1 loser IMO. Passing on Glenn Dorsey for Matt Ryan was the biggest mistake in the draft IMO. Then they trade up for Sam Baker.

Detroit comes in 2nd.

PECKERWOOD
04-26-2008, 11:44 PM
True, forgot about Detroit. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that Detroit will have a crappy draft every year, so it's almost second nature to me! Btw, Atlanta better get some more beef on that OL or Ryan is dead.

BILLSROCK1212
04-26-2008, 11:45 PM
The browns really disappointed me
and with the Browns 1st and 2nd round picks.....oo wait they didnt have any

jdbillsfan
04-27-2008, 12:42 AM
Rams

!Papacrunk!
04-27-2008, 12:45 AM
Who knows, maybe those picks will pan out for the Lions. I really wish they could pull it together and get on track for once.

Devin
04-27-2008, 12:54 AM
Atlanta was the #1 loser IMO. Passing on Glenn Dorsey for Matt Ryan was the biggest mistake in the draft IMO. Then they trade up for Sam Baker.

Detroit comes in 2nd.

I dont disagree with the idea. Dorsey is imo the best defensive player in the draft.

However.

Atlanta has had nothing but turbulence the past 2 years, they need stability but more then that a franchise QB who will not only lead them on the field but be the face of the team. Ryan was that guy to a T.

They brought in a great GM in Dimitroff, and a solid HC in Smith. Ryan as THIER guy made great sense. They also dumped the malcontents and Vick's buddies.

Baker was a slight reach imo but made total sense. A solid addition who should pair nicely with Blalock from last year.

Curtis Lofton is a thumper, that kid can play LB. This years Demeco Ryans imo. Going to be a great defensive player for Atlanta.

All in all I think Atlanta is having exactly the type of draft they needed to have. A great one.

Devin
04-27-2008, 01:03 AM
To me the biggest losers were yet again the Bungals.

Not only do they lose out on a DT (I sure hope they at least attempted to move down for Balmer), but in the 2nd with Jackson, Sweed and Kelly on the board they take Jerome Simpson.

They pass on Laws at DT and 3 solid DE's.

That entire FO needs to wash thier mouths out with buckshot. Like yesterday.

hammerbillsfan
04-27-2008, 01:26 AM
detroit's day 1 was ****ing terrible

Devin
04-27-2008, 01:30 AM
Saw this on a Lions forum prior to Day 1. Seriously was cracking up.

Threadt title: "I don't know who the Lions will draft tomorrow..."

But I hate the pick already. Seriously.

I also know their 2nd round pick will be a guy slated for the 4th round, a real 'football charactor' guy with no discernable physical skills.

Sunday will roll around and their 3rd rounders will be a dork for some small potatoes college no one ever heard of and a loser from a major school with bad eating habits.

In the 4th they will get a waiver wire name

In the 5th, a special team ace that would have been a undrafted FA

In the 6th and 7th rounds they will get around to filling their OL needs.

Devin
04-27-2008, 01:33 AM
From that same forum :rofl:

I hated the picks first of all we traded down 2 spots just to get some sub par tackle and then wasted our 2nd round pick on some 3 foot LB that will probably get cut after mini camp. Gee Matt Millen I wonder if I had you and Osama Bin Laden in one room who's ass I choose to kick first

SeatownBillsFan21
04-27-2008, 01:34 AM
funny

hammerbillsfan
04-27-2008, 01:35 AM
link to said forums so i can see some more witty banter :lol:

kernowboy
04-27-2008, 01:38 AM
I think every team did okayish at least with a good pick and then a headcratcher.

The Pats took Mayo earlier than he really could have gone and then took the small Wheatley ahead of Justin King or Terrell Thomas.

The Panthers with Stewart earlier than necessary and then giving up so much for Jeff Otah when they already have a RT who struggles at LT in Gross.

The Lions had a shocker with Cherilius earlier than necessary then Dixon ahead of Alibi, Henderson and Connors.

The Cardinals have taken two boom or bust types in DRC and Campbell,

and the Redskins. Thomas could be a one-season college wonder, Kelly is a slow, tantrum prone injury risk and Davis will be stuck behind Cooley

Ingtar33
04-27-2008, 01:53 AM
Lions and Texans easily had the worse drafts.

Texans traded back thinking that they would get their guy, then had a run on OT, CB, and RB strip them of every possible viable pick in their needs. So they took a 3rd rounder in round 1. ugly ugly pick

The Lions were painful to watch. i feel bad for their fans to have this clown millin running things for 8 years now... ouch.

Ebenezer
04-27-2008, 02:09 AM
Lions and Texans easily had the worse drafts.

Texans traded back thinking that they would get their guy, then had a run on OT, CB, and RB strip them of every possible viable pick in their needs. So they took a 3rd rounder in round 1. ugly ugly pick

The Lions were painful to watch. i feel bad for their fans to have this clown millin running things for 8 years now... ouch.
the Lions have been screwed for 50 years.

yordad
04-27-2008, 02:46 AM
Dallas didn't do too hot, IMO.

Ebenezer
04-27-2008, 02:52 AM
Dallas didn't do too hot, IMO.
on the contrary...I think they got a stud TE.

tampabay25690
04-27-2008, 08:16 AM
I dont disagree with the idea. Dorsey is imo the best defensive player in the draft.

However.

Atlanta has had nothing but turbulence the past 2 years, they need stability but more then that a franchise QB who will not only lead them on the field but be the face of the team. Ryan was that guy to a T.

They brought in a great GM in Dimitroff, and a solid HC in Smith. Ryan as THIER guy made great sense. They also dumped the malcontents and Vick's buddies.

Baker was a slight reach imo but made total sense. A solid addition who should pair nicely with Blalock from last year.

Curtis Lofton is a thumper, that kid can play LB. This years Demeco Ryans imo. Going to be a great defensive player for Atlanta.

All in all I think Atlanta is having exactly the type of draft they needed to have. A great one.

Devin CHRIS LONG is the best DEFENSIVE player in the draft....Youa re just saying that becasue you are a LSU guy.......Long doesn't take plays off ever, and DORSEY does. I was surprised DORSEY went that fast just my opinion.....

Jan Reimers
04-27-2008, 08:35 AM
Who in your mind had the worst draft? My pick is Washington. Come on, Devin Thomas, Fred Davis and Malcolm Kelly? Just doesn't make sense to me. I really think we will look back at their draft and just laugh at them. Saying that Snyder went to the school of Matt Millen is a complete understatement. Fred Davis is the same type of player as Cooley and it's almost impossible for Moss, Thomas, Kelly, Randle El, Cooley and Davis ALL to have an impact. Their draft definately had me scratching my head the most. :scratch:
The Redskins' draft would have made more sense for us, since we don't have the receiving talent that they do.

Hamilton Billsfan
04-27-2008, 08:39 AM
Carolina hands down, massively overpaying for a pantload,they need a quarterback, maybe they will pay more than a 3rd for Losman today

hydro
04-27-2008, 08:40 AM
Devin CHRIS LONG is the best DEFENSIVE player in the draft....Youa re just saying that becasue you are a LSU guy.......Long doesn't take plays off ever, and DORSEY does. I was surprised DORSEY went that fast just my opinion.....

Prepared to get owned sir.

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-27-2008, 08:42 AM
How has nobody said the Titans? The make a major reach for a workour warrior that ran a real fast 40 from I think it was East Carolina? Then instead of you know maybe grabbing some weapons for Vince Young they take a DE, a good DE, but still a DE. Maybe they figured Vince was just going to run anyways and if he did pass he would probably miss the reciever.

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-27-2008, 08:43 AM
And I forgot to say that Glenn Dorsey is the steal of the draft for the Chiefs.

Bert102176
04-27-2008, 09:31 AM
with taking Ellis in the third I now say the Bills