PDA

View Full Version : Make the case for the 3rd new Bill!

Devin
04-27-2008, 12:49 AM
I am gonna go outside the box on this one.

Given where value currently is and where we have already addressed.

Reggie Smith, S/CB Oklahoma

An upgrade at the other S spot we get a guy who I truly believe would be a tremendous piece to our young D and would likely beat out Ko day 1.

While there is a fair amount of 2nd tier pass rushers out there, value wise I think hed be a great pick. Mcgee-Smith-Whitner-McKelvin would be a nice young secondary probably able to play together for the next 4-6 years. Plus he has great experience at CB if ever needed.

Dont get me wrong a few spots id like to see addressed, and a lot of players still there I like. I feel though there are 3-5 TE's who will be there round 4, and truth be told im not entirley convinced given whose come off the board and all the TE's on our roster that the Bills are even going to draft a TE. Least not early.

I like Connor but I suspect he maybe gone within the first few picks. And I think they are content with our LB depth.

But Smith has fantastic size, is very physical and is a tremendously instinctive player. Think hed be a good fit in our unit.

What about you guys.

Michael82
04-27-2008, 12:59 AM
If we take another DB, I'm going to be sick. I want either Connor or one of the top TEs. Hell, I'd even take the top C. :up:

Devin
04-27-2008, 01:05 AM
Which is why you arent a GM.

Think of it in terms of value, what we have, and whats available/for how long.

Drafting strictly for need will sink you, quickly.

You know, like last year when we took a QB in round 3 and half the boards had a heart attack.

tat2dmike77
04-27-2008, 01:07 AM
Doucet would look good in a bills uni

kernowboy
04-27-2008, 01:16 AM
Basically there are guys who have slipped in non-need areas

Carl Nicks OT
Anthony Collins OT
Pat Sims DT
Dre Moore DT
Dan Connors LB
Xavier Alibi LB
Ali Highsmith LB
Erin Henderson LB

and guys we could double with in

Reggie Smith CB/S
Earl Doucet WR
Mario Manningham WR

amongst others

Brad Cottram and Martin Rucker are left at TE

Personally I would take Dre Moore who can cover both Defensive Tackle and End in an area of potential injury weakness. I think we represents best value/BPA.

Ebenezer
04-27-2008, 01:27 AM
I am gonna go outside the box on this one.

Given where value currently is and where we have already addressed.

Reggie Smith, S/CB Oklahoma

An upgrade at the other S spot we get a guy who I truly believe would be a tremendous piece to our young D and would likely beat out Ko day 1.

While there is a fair amount of 2nd tier pass rushers out there, value wise I think hed be a great pick. Mcgee-Smith-Whitner-McKelvin would be a nice young secondary probably able to play together for the next 4-6 years. Plus he has great experience at CB if ever needed.

Dont get me wrong a few spots id like to see addressed, and a lot of players still there I like. I feel though there are 3-5 TE's who will be there round 4, and truth be told im not entirley convinced given whose come off the board and all the TE's on our roster that the Bills are even going to draft a TE. Least not early.

I like Connor but I suspect he maybe gone within the first few picks. And I think they are content with our LB depth.

But Smith has fantastic size, is very physical and is a tremendously instinctive player. Think hed be a good fit in our unit.

What about you guys.
I liked Ko when he came out and was surprised how well he did for a 6th rounder. Wilson was a nice surprise last year. The problem with both is that they haven't proved it for more than a year. After Whitner there really is nothing but questions at the position. Even if Ko and Wilson pan out the depth is scarily thin. I could see them going S in the 3rd and wouldn't be surprised if they took two DBs on day 2. Same logic could be applied to LB. The starters, Keith Ellison and ???. That's not exactly depth. I think this draft is really about the Defense.

SeatownBillsFan21
04-27-2008, 01:27 AM
I wouldnt mind Doucet

Devin
04-27-2008, 01:49 AM
I liked Ko when he came out and was surprised how well he did for a 6th rounder. Wilson was a nice surprise last year. The problem with both is that they haven't proved it for more than a year. After Whitner there really is nothing but questions at the position. Even if Ko and Wilson pan out the depth is scarily thin. I could see them going S in the 3rd and wouldn't be surprised if they took two DBs on day 2. Same logic could be applied to LB. The starters, Keith Ellison and ???. That's not exactly depth. I think this draft is really about the Defense.

I agree. At LB we have Ellison, Digio behind the starters which arent bad in a pinch.

Absolutley agree at DB. Ko was I believe a 4th rounder though.

Reggie Smith represents the type of toughness and versatility that I think would fit well with what we currently have. I absolutley think hes an upgrade.

Doucet would be a great pickup as well. Evans, Hardy, Doucet, Lynch......thats a nice group of weapons there.

yordad
04-27-2008, 01:55 AM
Martin Rucker- we need a TE. His threat as a receiving TE is a cut above the rest. But, if he is taken, maybe Kellen Davis so there isn't an overwhelming urgency.

But, who knows. Maybe you get excellent value someplace else.

kernowboy
04-27-2008, 01:57 AM
At WR you can also add in Earl Bennett and William Franklin. I think Doucet's slow ProDay has made him fall (4.56).

I would be happy with Dre Moore at No72.

Big, and very fast DT's who stuff the run, get into the backfield and even slide out to DE do not exactly grow on trees.