PDA

View Full Version : Hardy set to shuffle to Buffalo

YardRat
04-27-2008, 06:28 AM
http://www.journalgazette.net/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080427/SPORTS0301/804270382/-1/SPORTS

“I just want to make Buffalo nation proud, just like I did Indiana and Elmhurst. My mindframe is to go out there and work as hard as I possibly can to do exactly what I need to do to be the best at that level.”

Hardy received the call from Buffalo Bills wide receivers coach Tyke Tolbert.

“He said ‘how would you feel to be a Buffalo Bill?’ I said ‘it would be a wonderful feeling.’ He said, ‘congratulations, you are part of the Bills family,’ ” Hardy said. “I said, ‘thanks for believing in me.’

“All I need is a coach to believe in me, and I’m going to make him the happiest coach in the nation. I told him that. I said, ‘with you making this selection, I’m definitely going to make you proud.’ That’s my mindframe going in. Now I just want to get the job done and go ahead and do it.”

kernowboy
04-27-2008, 06:30 AM
Sort of thing you want to here.

I like the angle on effort and pride.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-27-2008, 06:35 AM
I wouldn't doubt that he can do what he says.

After reading this kid's story, he has already overcome a LOT. True he has made some mistakes along the way, but to get where he has gotten from where he has had to come from and the way that he had to do it, he's already accomplished a lot and can be forgiven a couple of mistakes along the way as long as he has learned from them and doesn't repeat them. But, if he can do what he has done so far, he can also go even further and take that next step that he needs to take to make it in the NFL.

DMBcrew36
04-27-2008, 06:38 AM
"Trust me, I’ll be on the field, in the film room and everywhere else as long as I can to master this. I will do it. I will do the same thing I did at Indiana.”

lordofgun
04-27-2008, 06:39 AM
Sort of thing you want to here.

...and also to hear.

jmb1099
04-27-2008, 07:08 AM
Good attitude. If he can translate his desire to on field production we will be in much better shape than last year.

Jan Reimers
04-27-2008, 07:13 AM
I'm a convert. The Bills obviously liked Hardy better than Sweed and Kelly.

Confused
04-27-2008, 07:48 AM
We got him. I'll wait til october for my round of " I-Told-Ya-So's" but this is a great great thing for buffalo. anyone who questioned hardy's character will be proven drastically wrong, much like I was in my assessment of Lynch a year ago. Rejoice Bills Fans!!!!

Romes
04-27-2008, 07:50 AM
He had a line (i think it was from the combine video at bb.com) where he said something along the line of, "you don't stop working hard and trying to improve until you are in the Hall of Fame"

I really liked that comment. :up: