PDA

View Full Version : GM By Committee

jmb1099
04-27-2008, 07:34 AM
I will admit that when the front office started trying to sell us on this idea I was skeptical to say the least. But so far it seems to be working and working rather well.
Before yesterday I thought we had a decent FA but was very disappointed that we didn't sign one of the potential receivers that were available. Now I'm so glad we didn't.

The GM by Committee signed what most agree was the best corner in the draft and then signed a monster for a receiver. They didn't panic in the offseason and give away pics, they didn't panic during the first day of the draft and give away position. It would appear that the GM by Committee has a plan, a vision, and a direction for this team and they are executing it rather well so far.

What this means for day two only they know. They could draft best person available and no one would fault them for that. They could also draft to fill specific needs and while there would be some dissent over drafting styles, no one should be upset if we fill positions of need with quality players. Since we are moving into the third round of the draft, there are many quality players left on the board.

All of this to say that based on the offseason we've had, and based on our day one pics, I am excited to see not only what day two brings, but also excited to see what this years season brings.

shelby
04-27-2008, 07:36 AM
i am loving this draft so far!

Now please get me a tight end....:beers:

BlackMetalNinja
04-27-2008, 07:38 AM
i am loving this draft so far!

Now please get me a tight end....:beers:

Too easy... far too easy...

djjimkelly
04-27-2008, 07:42 AM
i dont think this is GM by committee i think modrak is the GM without the day to day BS. and im rather happy about that.

this draft had been rather solid. we draft the best man to man corner in draft. for a cover 2 system. i like that alot becuz i know this system will be scrapped soon enough. and hardy is hardy u just cant teach that size!

now if we could only draft a real coaching staff id be happy

jmb1099
04-27-2008, 07:46 AM
i dont think this is GM by committee i think modrak is the GM without the day to day BS. and im rather happy about that.

this draft had been rather solid. we draft the best man to man corner in draft. for a cover 2 system. i like that alot becuz i know this system will be scrapped soon enough. and hardy is hardy u just cant teach that size!

now if we could only draft a real coaching staff id be happy

It could be the problem with the coaching staff has left already. We'll see how things play out this year I suppose.