PDA

View Full Version : Martin Rucker? Mmm I'm not sure

kernowboy
04-27-2008, 09:06 AM
According to the Billzone own draft guide, Rucker has the attributes of being a great receiver with size (6ft4, 250lbs) athleticism, hands and versatility running a 4.71

BUT

He lacks strength, bulk, aggression and cannot really block

For me, I don't think he's the TE we need after getting Hardy.

and in www.walterfootball.com (http://www.walterfootball.com), he's a 6th rounder due to these weaknesses.

We need an allround disciplined guy who can do everything ok, if not spectacularly. After all I want to see him used by Edwards as a 3rd option for a dump off of 5-6 yds to keep the chains moving.

I'd rather go for Tom Santi, who is the same size, runs a similar speed and was pretty quick at his pro day but is an excellent route runner, can block having played some FB, has good hands and is football smart. He'll be there later on and R3 can go on BPA.

We don't need an athlete, we need a football smart guy who can do a solid job, allowing superstars like Lynch and Evans and hopefully Hardy to do theirs.

I'd take the hardworking overachiever at this point before the underachieving athlete.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-27-2008, 09:11 AM
Rucker was used in the slot and wasn't asked to block much at Missouri. He was willing when asked, just not as good as some others.

Was a major weapon in their offense, though. A very smooth receiver. Excellent hands.

Michael82
04-27-2008, 09:13 AM
Rucker was used in the slot and wasn't asked to block much at Missouri. He was willing when asked, just not as good as some others.

Was a major weapon in their offense, though. A very smooth receiver. Excellent hands.
Rucker would be a sweet pickup! If we don't get him, then I don't mind waiting until the 5th or 6th round for a project one.