PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Corner

Bert102176
04-27-2008, 11:37 AM
another damn CB this is BS

Tatonka
04-27-2008, 11:37 AM
dont know anything about the pick, but this clearly says something about youboty.

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-27-2008, 11:38 AM
I am pretty pissed about this pick. I dont know much about the guys that are left, but I know we didn't need another *****ing corner. I would have taken Kellen Davis I guess, but maybe they are happy with the junk we have at TE. My happiness from day 1 is turning sour.

patmoran2006
04-27-2008, 11:39 AM
It also says something about Will James.

Why the hell did we bother signing him?

I dont get this pick. AT ALL.

Bert102176
04-27-2008, 11:39 AM
Does our FO even wanna win games

Jayhawk
04-27-2008, 11:40 AM
I love coming in after a pick and seeing people ***** about it. We don't know now, how they will be later. But people still *****.

Illmatic15
04-27-2008, 11:40 AM
Cmon man we already have Youboty to groom....

Illmatic15
04-27-2008, 11:41 AM
From NFLDraftcountdown:

Strengths:
A ballhawk in the secondary...Great instincts and awareness...Nice hands and ball skills...More quick than fast but he has a burst to close....Very smooth and flips his hips well...Displays good footwork...Competitive...Confident...Excellent production.

Weaknesses:
Doesn't have the ideal size that you look for...Timed speed is merely average....Is not real strong or physical...Struggles to match up with big wideouts...Intelligence has been questioned....Level of competition is a concern...Upside might be limited.

Notes:
Was a four-year starter for the Zips....Earned first team All-MAC honors....Doesn't have everything that you look for from a size / speed perspective but manages to get the job done and is just a good football player..Probably won't profile as much more than a nickel type at the next level....Could be a poor-man's Nathan Vasher.

kernowboy
and just to rub it in Dre Moore an agile NT who could learn behind Stroud goes with the next pick

This is absolutely pathetic pick

djjimkelly
at least his last name fits the bill pun intended lol

historypete
04-27-2008, 11:42 AM
I do not like this pick whatsoever. Greer, James, McGee, Youboty and now McKelvin. This is a wasted pick here. I'd rather would have had them draft Dre Moore or Red Bryant. Another big DT to fit in that rotation.

I can't blame them for not going TE here, but DL or OL should have been the pick, not another CB.

DMBcrew36
I'm waiting to hear the Bills explanation of the pick before I start getting my panties in a bunch like some.

ptd86
dont like the pick... another small cb, we have greer youboty mckelvin mcgee we just signed james, im so confused.

patmoran2006
Intelligence has been questioned??
LOL.

I just do not get why we have a corner. We already have McKelvin, McGee and Greer. Plus we have Will James and Aston Youboty. One of those two you think would be our 4th corner.

We should have went TE, FB or OL with this pick.

Why the hell is Jauron fooling himself into thinking we don't more offensive talent on this team.

This baffles the **** out of me.

coastal
04-27-2008, 11:43 AM
WTF... you have someone like Kellen Davis sitting there and you take a 5'9" corner?

Someone needs to do something about this kind of crap...

We could have traded up and got Mike McGlynn as well. He could have been our starting center.

A smart team like Philly drafted him.

Dumb.

Nighthawk
From NFLDraftcountdown:

Strengths:
A ballhawk in the secondary...Great instincts and awareness...Nice hands and ball skills...More quick than fast but he has a burst to close....Very smooth and flips his hips well...Displays good footwork...Competitive...Confident...Excellent production.

Weaknesses:
Doesn't have the ideal size that you look for...Timed speed is merely average....Is not real strong or physical...Struggles to match up with big wideouts...Intelligence has been questioned....Level of competition is a concern...Upside might be limited.

Notes:
Was a four-year starter for the Zips....Earned first team All-MAC honors....Doesn't have everything that you look for from a size / speed perspective but manages to get the job done and is just a good football player..Probably won't profile as much more than a nickel type at the next level....Could be a poor-man's Nathan Vasher.

Oh boy, a nickel CB...yeah, that will help our offense.

Marvelous
LMAO. I can't find this guy anywhere. ROTFLMAO @ Those are mad that we don'tget a sexy position selection like TE..lmao@u

SabreEleven
04-27-2008, 11:44 AM
Pick Analysis: Corner is a small guy who ran pretty well at his pro day. The concern is his size because it hinders his ability to cover big receivers in a jump-ball situation. This might be slightly high for a player with his frame and measurables

Bert102176
04-27-2008, 11:44 AM
a waste of a pick we already drafted a corner we have much more pressing needs like a TE, FB, OL help and another big WR our front office has their heads up their asses

Marvelous
04-27-2008, 11:45 AM
Is he only 5'9? wtf i hope not..

we had the 30th ranked offense last year
-------&-------
Ready,,, The 31st ranked defense.. how come that's so ignored on this board?

-----Is this Modraks & co's 1st BAD pick?

kernowboy
Day1 A+
Day2 F- if we continue to draft like this

BuffaloBillsStampede
How could you not be pissed about this one JayHawk? There were players like Dre Moore and Kellen Davis sitting there and we add yet another CB. We have 4 maybe even 5 good corners already. We have exactly 0 good TE's. Our DT's are set right now, but you can always use another one.

Don't Panic
http://cantonrep.com/index.php?Category=17&ID=407437&r=73&subCategoryID=0

coastal
04-27-2008, 11:46 AM
This has to be the dumbest pick in the draft....

Scumbag College
04-27-2008, 11:47 AM
7 INTS last year

The Spaz
04-27-2008, 11:48 AM
You can't argue production. James or Youboty could be gone.

!Papacrunk!
04-27-2008, 11:48 AM
everyone will come around. it seems like it doesn't take long for the justification process to happen--every fan does it

Nighthawk
04-27-2008, 11:49 AM
LMAO. I can't find this guy anywhere. ROTFLMAO @ Those are mad that we don'tget a sexy position selection like TE..lmao@u

Do you have any clue what you're talking about? This is probably the position that we had the least need at. Wake up and get a clue...

djjimkelly
04-27-2008, 11:49 AM
looks to me bills looking to play alot more man to man this season

Nighthawk
04-27-2008, 11:51 AM
Day1 A+

This organization is always trying to prove that they are smarter than everybody else and where has it gotten us? Absolutely nowhere.

Message to Bills FO - Your offense still stucks...how about addressing it!!!!

Jayhawk
04-27-2008, 11:51 AM
How could you not be pissed about this one JayHawk? There were players like Dre Moore and Kellen Davis sitting there and we add yet another CB. We have 4 maybe even 5 good corners already. We have exactly 0 good TE's. Our DT's are set right now, but you can always use another one.is it you saying we have four good corners? and if so, what's your scouting career been like? If it's such not a need, why is a group of people who do this for a living, DRAFTING THEM? maybe they should come in and grade you on a report you are doing at work.

YardRat
04-27-2008, 11:52 AM
Well, there's the first WTF? pick.

Personally, I would have preferred we go TE (Davis) C (Justice) or DT (Pressley, but he'll be available later...Dre' Moore maybe).

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense from our perspective, but then again neither did the Edwards' pick last year. Youboty's going to have to really step up to make the team, now.

Don't like it, but I'll wait and see what we do with the rest of the picks and who we get before getting pissed.

mysticsoto
04-27-2008, 11:53 AM
I can't believe they gave up Dre Moore or grabbing Pressley at DT for another corner. Even at TE, Kellen Davis or get another big wideout...maybe DJ Hall.

Another corner though? Greer played well and stepped up last year. McGee is still there and you got Youboty developing and even brought in a FA. This guy will probably go to the PS...he's a complete waste of a pick!!!

Don't Panic
04-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Spinning a positive... we should have a very complete stable of CBs this year.

Marvelous
04-27-2008, 11:54 AM
Do you have any clue what you're talking about? This is probably the position that we had the least need at. Wake up and get a clue...

I didn't say we needed CB here. I am only anti TE because we need depth at more skilled positions. But since CB is the topic i guess i'm not sold at all about Youboty and what if we have 1 CB injury? And why don't you get a clue queer.

alohabillsfan
04-27-2008, 11:54 AM
allright I defended the last pick but I am frustrated with this one, I thought it should have been a DT, OG or TE...

OpIv37
04-27-2008, 11:55 AM

-------&-------

Why is it ignored? Mitchell, Stroud and Johnson were obtained plus Poz and Simpson are coming off injuries. The 31st ranked D has been addressed.

The 30th ranked offense added a couple of journeyman TE's who are no better than what we had and a 2nd round WR. THAT'S IT. Do you honestly think that's enough to make us go from horrible to good, or even horrible to mediocre?

The D has been addressed, the O hasn't.

As far as this pick, I don't know anything about Reggie Corner specifically. I do know we have greater needs at other positions at this point so it seems odd. Realistically, it's a 4th round pick and probably won't produce an immediate impact player either way, but at the same time it would be nice of the FO would at least TRY to do something with the offense. All the impact FA's have been signed and the draft is half over, so late round picks are the only shot we have at fixing the offense at this point.

kernowboy
04-27-2008, 11:57 AM
I think the disappointment has to be a reflection of the guys left. I'd have taken any of the next 5 picks with our 4th rounder

Bert102176
04-27-2008, 11:58 AM

-------&-------

31st ranked D cause they were all hurt but they are healthy now and we need to help our O now

TacklingDummy
04-27-2008, 11:58 AM
another damn CB this is BS

This draft sucked. Bring back Tom Donahoe.

Nighthawk
04-27-2008, 11:59 AM
Why is it ignored? Mitchell, Stroud and Johnson were obtained plus Poz and Simpson are coming off injuries. The 31st ranked D has been addressed.

The 30th ranked offense added a couple of journeyman TE's who are no better than what we had and a 2nd round WR. THAT'S IT. Do you honestly think that's enough to make us go from horrible to good, or even horrible to mediocre?

As far as this pick, I don't know anything about Reggie Corner specifically. I do know we have greater needs at other positions at this point so it seems odd. Realistically, it's a 4th round pick and probably won't produce an immediate impact player either way, but at the same time it would be nice of the FO would at least TRY to do something with the offense. All the impact FA's have been signed and the draft is half over, so late round picks are the only shot we have at fixing the offense at this point.

OP, it's obvious from his previous posts that he has NO clue what he is talking about. Don't even waste your time.

Captain gameboy
04-27-2008, 12:01 PM
We got our guy who's name is his position.

Now we need a TE named tightend.

Marvelous
04-27-2008, 12:01 PM
Ok after reading Steve Doerschuk booat this kid up i can't get past his height. or lack of. 5'9 - 183 pounds. what a pssy. Can't say i feel confident him trying to tackle anyone let alone a RB..
5'9 wtf!

This has to be the dumbest pick in the draft....

Day1 A+
agreed.. What a screwup.. Are they drunk in the front office? 5'9
-Is there any corner in the league who is under 5'10? Let alone a successful one?

I don't wanna derail any thread. I am not as pro draft defense as i am dont draft TE. It's my opinion. I dont see us getting a diamond in the 4th or 5th etc that is gonna beat out Royal..
--BUT the front office sure dioes a great job of killing my POV with picks like this though.. So sure i'd take a TE over this..
--movingon...

Tatonka
04-27-2008, 12:02 PM
i will say this.. if he is good, then we can stop wasting our time on youboty, who just has not shown anything at all yet.. and he has had chances too.. i mean youboty let greer steamroll right past him to a full time starting gig.

there is no reason our corners should not be incredible at this point.

Bert102176
04-27-2008, 12:04 PM

TY

Tatonka
04-27-2008, 12:04 PM
Ok after reading Steve Doerschuk booat this kid up i can't get past his height. or lack of. 5'9 - 183 pounds. what a pssy. Can't say i feel confident him trying to tackle anyone let alone a RB..
5'9 wtf!

-Is there any corner in the league who is under 5'10? Let alone a successful one?

mcgee is 5'9" and he can tackle.. winfield was 5'9" and he could lay the wood..

5'9" at 181 lbs is not skinny.

ParanoidAndroid
04-27-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm not liking this day-2

kernowboy
Some of the pundits aren't so critical of the selection though they are saying he was taken earlier than was required.

Lets hope some players slide to the place where he should have been taken in R5 or R6

coastal
BSBSBSBSBS

deathadder
04-27-2008, 12:08 PM
Fourth pick - CB Reggie Corner - 5'9" 181 - Akron
The Bills further fortified their secondary and more specifically the cornerback position with Akron standout cornerback Reggie Corner. A three-year starter, Corner had eight interceptions in his career and 23 PBUs in 34 starts. The Bills really feel they have a good find on their hands who flew under the radar. Despite being just 5'9" he has the vertical leap to compete effectively with bigger receivers.

What they're saying about Corner
"First off he plays a lot bigger than his size. He's very, very good in his run support. Good instincts, good coverage ability, very good ball skills. Really there aren't many negatives. They played Ohio State, Indiana and he covered Hardy and that was a split. They both did well (Hardy had just 4 catches for 65 yards and a TD). He rose above the competition in those games. You turn on the film and he's an exciting player. He's a 4.5 guy that plays like a 4.4 guy."
Bills scout - Tom Roth

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6024

OpIv37
04-27-2008, 12:09 PM
5'9 wtf!

I don't wanna derail any thread. I am not as pro draft defense as i am dont draft TE. It's my opinion. I dont see us getting a diamond in the 4th or 5th etc that is gonna beat out Royal..
--BUT the front office sure dioes a great job of killing my POV with picks like this though.. So sure i'd take a TE over this..
--movingon...

McKelvin's barely over 5'10". I thought that seemed small yesterday so I looked at a bunch of rosters. Around the league, there are a lot of corners in the 5'10" range and very few who are over 6'1". He is a little small for his position and that's a scary prospect against teams like NE, who have Moss at 6'4" and Watson at 6'5". But realistically, we're not going to have a rookie corner matched up on Moss or Watson in the red zone.

patmoran2006
04-27-2008, 12:12 PM
<TABLE id=draft_tracker cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>http://msn.foxsports.com/fe/img/NFL/TeamLogo/Small/2.gif (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team?statsId=2)</TD><TD>Bills (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team?statsId=2)</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>114</TD><TD>Reggie Corner (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/)</TD><TD>CB</TD><TD>5-10</TD><TD>180</TD><TD>Akron</TD><TD class=comments>The Bills grab a productive cornerback out of the MAC. Though only 5-10, I like Corner's strength for his size. Buffalo probably could have gotten Corner in Rounds 5 or 6, but they grab him here. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Don't Panic
04-27-2008, 12:12 PM
OP is right... you have to keep it in perspective of the fact that it is a 4th round pick. Did we need a CB? Not really... but I didn't see a TE that would improve us over our current lot. If they take Shmitt in a couple of minutes and get a nice rotational OLineman later, I'll be content.

Tatonka
04-27-2008, 12:13 PM
maybe hardy can cover moss?

kernowboy
04-27-2008, 12:13 PM
Point is, he could and should have been taken later, though apparently the Browns also liked him but even then we had the supp and the R5 and R6 to take him

kernowboy
04-27-2008, 12:15 PM
OP is right... you have to keep it in perspective of the fact that it is a 4th round pick. Did we need a CB? Not really... but I didn't see a TE that would improve us over our current lot. If they take Shmitt in a couple of minutes and get a nice rotational OLineman later, I'll be content.

The trouble is you can get some top quality starters in R4. I could see someone like Moore or Bryant eventually starting but never Corner.

Michael82
04-27-2008, 12:16 PM
Looks like the Bills really don't like Ashton Youboty. Look for him to be a camp cut, or maybe earlier.

Michael82
04-27-2008, 12:19 PM
Apparently he wasn't invited to the Combine and Modrak loved him anyways in watching the game film and scouting him in the games. He actually did a good job shutting down James Hardy too. HModrak was surprised that he wasn't invited, and he knew that he wasn't on many draft lists. But they had him high on their list.

Lexwhat
04-27-2008, 12:20 PM
What they're saying about Corner
"First off he plays a lot bigger than his size. He's very, very good in his run support. Good instincts, good coverage ability, very good ball skills. Really there aren't many negatives. They played Ohio State, Indiana and he covered Hardy and that was a split. They both did well (Hardy had just 4 catches for 65 yards and a TD). He rose above the competition in those games. You turn on the film and he's an exciting player. He's a 4.5 guy that plays like a 4.4 guy."
Bills scout - Tom Roth

hahaha, maybe they were watching film on James Hardy and then noticed "Corner" from that.

Marvelous
holy crap. Sorry guys.. I'm very cranky. Wife just blasted me for it.
---Started w/ how freakin fastthe draft is moving. Im unorganized...

Michael82
hahaha, maybe they were watching film on James Hardy and then noticed "Corner" from that.
That's what I was thinking. :rofl:

alohabillsfan
04-27-2008, 12:22 PM
dam NE just picked the CB the FO had their eye on, dam you NE /s

Michael82
04-27-2008, 12:24 PM
dam NE just picked the CB the FO had their eye on, dam you NE /s
I bet we'll take another CB in the 7th round. :ill:

TedMock
04-27-2008, 12:29 PM
I was really hoping for Dre Moore there, but it also NEVER, EVER hurts to have a productive CB on the roster. It's a passing league and you need CB's. A lot of people wanted BPA today and that's obviously what we're doing. Let's see how it plays out. Having said that, this pick was the first I questioned. I like Chris Ellis' consistency in the DE rotation.

Tatonka
04-27-2008, 12:29 PM
everyones reaction was EXACTLY the same when we picked terrance mcgee in the 4th round.. same size too.. just food for thought.

Kerr
04-27-2008, 12:31 PM
He sounds like a poor man's Winfied. Small hard hitting corner and good vertical leap and decent coverage skills. If he turns out to be anything like that, it's a solid pick.

You can never have enough good corners when facing 4 wr sets.

coastal
04-27-2008, 12:36 PM
This guy was srafted to cover Wes Welker.

Nighthawk
04-27-2008, 12:45 PM
everyones reaction was EXACTLY the same when we picked terrance mcgee in the 4th round.. same size too.. just food for thought.

Difference is, that was 5 years ago or so and now we are almost 10 years into not making the playoffs. We cannot afford to pick guys in the 4th who won't help when there were guys on the board that made more sense.

Mr. Cynical
04-27-2008, 01:03 PM
http://cantonrep.com/index.php?Category=17&ID=407437&r=73&subCategoryID=0

He found himself as a starting freshman cornerback at Akron in 2004, defending against the likes of Kent State senior QB Joshua Cribbs.

"I almost had an interception," he said.

Great Reggie. That's like saying you "almost" won lotto. In both cases it means D**K.

Huge waste of a pick. Tom Donohoe must be laughing his ass off right about now.

The Spaz
04-27-2008, 01:05 PM
He found himself as a starting freshman cornerback at Akron in 2004, defending against the likes of Kent State senior QB Joshua Cribbs.

"I almost had an interception," he said.

Great Reggie. That's like saying you "almost" won lotto. In both cases it means D**K.

Huge waste of a pick. Tom Donohoe must be laughing his ass off right about now.

TD must be real happy without a job.

The Spaz
04-27-2008, 01:06 PM
Like Mayock says "you can never have enough corners".

Tatonka
04-27-2008, 01:09 PM
Difference is, that was 5 years ago or so and now we are almost 10 years into not making the playoffs. We cannot afford to pick guys in the 4th who won't help when there were guys on the board that made more sense.

um, mcgee came in and made an impact during his rookie year.

casdhf
04-27-2008, 01:18 PM
NFLN liked the Corner pick, BTW.

Ingtar33
04-27-2008, 01:23 PM
special teams pick. he was grabbed to be a gunner from day 1

Devin
04-27-2008, 01:32 PM
Great pick! We needed another CB, I like it.

Love the Ellis pick to!