PDA

View Full Version : 5th Round Pick MUST be OL

patmoran2006
04-27-2008, 12:38 PM
Preston and Chambers are the current two best options off the bench.. Enough said.

BTW, I hate both our 4th round picks.

Liked the first round pick. LOVE the 2nd round pick.. Understand the reason for the 3rd pick.. Hate Corner and Fine as our 4th round picks. Both seem like incredible reaches.

ScottLawrence
04-27-2008, 12:41 PM
Agreed. I have no problem with Fine.

The pick of Corner really upsets me.

A player like Red Bryant would've been a much better choice and helped our team a lot more.

Nighthawk
04-27-2008, 12:42 PM
Nope, they're looking for another CB...there has to be one we can find at Canisius College that nobody else in the NFL knows about!

yordad
04-27-2008, 12:44 PM
Gez, I am not happy with day 2 at all. But, some Owen Schmitt would be a bit of alright.

Maybe Sullivan (C).

patmoran2006
04-27-2008, 12:45 PM
The pick of Corner makes me more mad than Fine.

As I said before, I think that finding a quality, versatile backup OL should've been a much higher priority than a 4th, or even 5th CB. 4th Rounders shouldn't be practice squad players.

We saw what happened when Jason Peters went down late last year.

Bert102176
04-27-2008, 12:46 PM
my guess is that it will be QB, RB, S, CB or a DE something stupid I'm sure

Michael82
04-27-2008, 12:53 PM
The pick of Corner makes me more mad than Fine.

As I said before, I think that finding a quality, versatile backup OL should've been a much higher priority than a 4th, or even 5th CB. 4th Rounders shouldn't be practice squad players.

We saw what happened when Jason Peters went down late last year.
Both picks make me think that Modrak had these guys as his gems and believes that they will come in and surprise people. But the truth is, both most likely would have been there at round 6 or lower. Why didn't we go BPA? :ill:

Nighthawk
04-27-2008, 01:01 PM
But picks make me think that Modrak had these guys are his gems and believes that they will come in a surprise people. But the truth is, both most likely would have been there at round 6 or lower. Why didn't we go BPA? :ill:

Exactly! That's what some people on here just don't understand. The value where the Bills picked them was horrible. I'm doubting these guys were targeted this early by any other team.

Bert102176
04-27-2008, 01:10 PM
hell some could have been signed as a FA after the draft

hammerbillsfan
04-27-2008, 01:16 PM
OLB Alvin Bowen - Iowa St.

realdealryan
04-27-2008, 01:18 PM
Or not.

Mayock loves McKelvin and Corner, likes Fine, and thinks we've had a solid draft. Charles Davis (?) thinks Corner is a great value. Well I'm sold!!!!!!!!

F the OL!

historypete
04-27-2008, 01:23 PM
I think they have a 5th grader pulling names out of a hat at OBD right now. I can't believe we passed up Moore or Bryant for a CB.

I would have prefered Kellen Davis from MSU over Fine, but I can live with it.

Now an OLB who can be projected as a Safety. This is crazy. We need at least someone we can develop or take a shot with at C. If we wanted/needed a LB we should have grabbed Connor in the 3rd. That would have made a ton of sense and would have been a great pick.

I'm completely baffled at this point. After thinking on the McKelvin pick, I finally came around to see the importance of it, especially after getting Hardy, but now this has just turned into a complete mess.

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-27-2008, 01:37 PM
I wouldnt say its a mess. We had a great first day. We needed DE and got one. We needed TE and got one. Obviously we would have preferred a different TE but the cards just didnt fall that way for us. The only pick that bites for me is the Corner pick. The NFL network seem to love that pick so hopefully its a good one. We lost a lot of LB special team help so I can see why we went there, but we really need to look at OL with at least two of our last four picks.

Nighthawk
04-27-2008, 01:47 PM
I wouldnt say its a mess. We had a great first day. We needed DE and got one. We needed TE and got one. Obviously we would have preferred a different TE but the cards just didnt fall that way for us. The only pick that bites for me is the Corner pick. The NFL network seem to love that pick so hopefully its a good one. We lost a lot of LB special team help so I can see why we went there, but we really need to look at OL with at least two of our last four picks.

The Bills had a great first day and started well on the second day. I just think that people are upset that they didn't address more needs when we could have. I love the picks of Hardy, McKelvin and Ellis. I need time to learn more about the rest.

historypete
04-27-2008, 01:58 PM
Like I said the first three picks were absolutely what we needed, but the rest has been suspect. That is why I think its a mess. Fine seems like a FB more than a TE. I still don't get Corner, despite what people are saying. Part of that post was just venting, but I really think we picked poorly in the 4th and 5th round.