PDA

View Full Version : Theory on why we disregarded the offense

jamze132
04-27-2008, 03:24 PM
I have a theory about why the Bills pretty much neglected the offense during FA and the draft. I think they believe our offense is already much better than they have shown, meaning they have under-achieved under Fairchild.

I have racked my brain on this for a while now and have came to this conclusion. They must have really considered Fairchild the biggest reason why the offense sucked ass the last couple of years. I don't know if I completely agree with my own theory but it might make sense. I see no other reason why we completely neglected to improve our offense, with the exception of Hardy in RD2.

Maybe the FO thinks that Schonert is really going to get the best from what we already have. I just hope what we have has the ability to get better, especially since they are doing it without any additional help this entire offseason.

theanswer74
04-27-2008, 03:34 PM
They really didnt forget about the offense. They got a WR many people wanted them to get.

They just didnt get a TE. The offense is loaded with talent, they need to get good QB play now.

YardRat
04-27-2008, 03:35 PM
If they think we don't need help at TE and C, especially, I'm really disappointed.

Typ0
04-27-2008, 03:35 PM
they don't have a clue what they have and they won't until the end of the season when we get a better look at TE. We have had crappy QB play and with that so goes your offense.

shelby
04-27-2008, 03:39 PM
i am disappointed with the Fine pick, but i have a bad habit of assuming that the gentlemen at OBD know more than i do....

Elminster
04-27-2008, 03:40 PM
I'm concerned that little will change: that we're going to keep the safety on the offense when we get into a "shoot-out" with the Pats. My doubts about DJ are many and deeply-rooted...

Marvelous
04-27-2008, 03:45 PM
i am disappointed with the Fine pick, but i have a bad habit of assuming that the gentlemen at OBD know more than i do....

:rotf:
:lmao:
thanks dude, i needed that :)

Night Train
04-27-2008, 04:10 PM
I have a theory about why the Bills pretty much neglected the offense during FA and the draft. I think they believe our offense is already much better than they have shown, meaning they have under-achieved under Fairchild.

I have racked my brain on this for a while now and have came to this conclusion. They must have really considered Fairchild the biggest reason why the offense sucked ass the last couple of years. I don't know if I completely agree with my own theory but it might make sense. I see no other reason why we completely neglected to improve our offense, with the exception of Hardy in RD2.

Maybe the FO thinks that Schonert is really going to get the best from what we already have. I just hope what we have has the ability to get better, especially since they are doing it without any additional help this entire offseason.

I agree.

C would have been nice but all were smaller than Fowler.

I'll be interested to see if the TE Fine offers something.

chernobylwraiths
04-27-2008, 04:37 PM
:rotf:
:lmao:
thanks dude, i needed that :)

:roflmao:

dude

evol4276
04-27-2008, 04:42 PM
we didnt neglect the offense! we picked 2 wr's a te, a rb and a lineman so far. ok so they didnt get who you guys wanted but IT GOT OUR NEEDS FILLED

LifetimeBillsFan
04-27-2008, 04:44 PM
I'm just wondering if they are figuring that, with all of the TEs that were going to be drafted taken in this draft class, there are going to be a number of TEs getting cut once training camp starts, including some vets who will be able to step in and play right away and not need time to develop.

They may feel that either Anderson or Johnson will give them all of the deep receiving threat that they need at the position and that, rather than spend a pick on a kid like F.Davis or Rucker or Keller, who can catch but is going to need time to develop as a blocker, they would be better off picking up a vet who may not be a great receiver, but can give them the blocking that they are going to need.

FYI: It appears that C.Baker of the Jets is already upset that, even though he is the starter, he will be only the third highest paid TE on the team behind Keller and B.Franks. His agent is making noises about wanting the team to either up his salary or trade him.... Baker may be the first TE to let it be known that he feels that way, but he may not be the last--although the others may not be willing to take such a public stance just yet....

Once they missed out on Bennett (or perhaps Finley) the Bills may have just decided that they would wait for situations like this to start to shake out and see if they could pick up a guy who could do what Gaines did for them last season (remember, they got him as a street free agent).

losman420
04-27-2008, 04:47 PM
i am disappointed with the Fine pick, but i have a bad habit of assuming that the gentlemen at OBD know more than i do....LOL your not alone shelby, I have the same bad habit. :p:

kernowboy
04-27-2008, 05:26 PM
LTBF, I actually wondered that two. With Franks and Keller, Baker isn't going to be very happy at all.

jamze132
04-28-2008, 03:43 AM
They really didnt forget about the offense. They got a WR many people wanted them to get.

They just didnt get a TE. The offense is loaded with talent, they need to get good QB play now.
I mentioned that they got Hardy. And the point I made in my post was for the entire offseason, to include the draft. Tell me again how many players we brought in for the offense?

jamze132
04-28-2008, 03:45 AM
we didnt neglect the offense! we picked 2 wr's a te, a rb and a lineman so far. ok so they didnt get who you guys wanted but IT GOT OUR NEEDS FILLED
So throughout FA and the draft we got one potential starter on offense. We didn't get jack during FA. And when you talk about filling needs with 6th and 7th rounders, I tend to stop listening. A couple of those won't even make the roster.

acehole
04-28-2008, 07:07 AM
I agree about this alot. I have said all year Fairchild was a huge part of our problems on offense allong with not having a legit #2 WR. Now we have a legit #2 WR that can take double coverage off of Lee Evans...and Fiarchild is gone. This allows Reed and Parish back to their intended spot. Courtny Anderson or Shouman or Fine will be fine at TE at Different capacities. Shouman and Fine will be looked at as Chris Cooley Types sitting in the sweet spot of the zone for the fist down and more. We really don't use the TE like most offenses do so TE was not a Top need. Whoever is pluged in at QB should improve as a result. This is a good situation for Trent as the pieces are in place for him to do well. Those of you who hate JP for bieng on this team are illinformed...if and when Trent gets hurt (And he has a history) we have a QB that know the offense better then any 3rd or 4th round pick does and will be an asset this year if that happens...and who know if he playes well enough might be worth somthing to someone. It will all be fun to see unfold.

HHURRICANE
04-28-2008, 08:17 AM
If they think we don't need help at TE and C, especially, I'm really disappointed.

Where were you yesterday?! Totally agree.

I like the pick up at DE because we needed one but not addressing TE or Center was nuts. I'm really disappointed.

HHURRICANE
04-28-2008, 08:19 AM
So throughout FA and the draft we got one potential starter on offense. We didn't get jack during FA. And when you talk about filling needs with 6th and 7th rounders, I tend to stop listening. A couple of those won't even make the roster.

Our draft sucked after round #2. We should have gone back and got a real TE or another WR. To have that much talent sitting theere in the middle of round 2 and doing nothing about it is plain stupid.