PDA

View Full Version : Wish list for Undrafted Free Agents....?

Dantheman1280
04-27-2008, 05:41 PM
Who is left, who does the zone want??

Dr. Lecter
04-27-2008, 05:42 PM
Ali Highsmith.
Jehuu Caulcrick

hydro
04-27-2008, 05:43 PM
Ali Highsmith.
Jehuu Caulcrick

Yes and yes!

Nighthawk
04-27-2008, 05:43 PM
I'm sure the Bills are burning up the phone lines trying to get as many CBs that are left.

Dr. Lecter
04-27-2008, 05:44 PM
I'm sure the Bills are burning up the phone lines trying to get as many CBs that are left.

Just a quick note.

The Colts drafted 3 centers.

Nighthawk
04-27-2008, 05:46 PM
Just a quick note.

The Colts drafted 3 centers.

Just a quick note...they know what they're doing and have won a SB. Yes, success matters.

Dr. Lecter
04-27-2008, 05:46 PM
Just a quick note...they know what they're doing and have won a SB. Yes, success matters.

Thank you for making my point.

Nighthawk
04-27-2008, 05:50 PM
I'd like:

Erin Henderson
Darrell Robertson
Ali Highsmith
Mike Peterson (TE)
DJ Hall (WR)
Johnny Dingle (DE)
GAry Guyton (LB)
Ben Moffit (LB)
Vince Hall (LB)

I apologize if any of these were taken late and I didn't see it. However, if they're out there, I wouldn't mind any of them.

Nighthawk
04-27-2008, 05:51 PM
Thank you for making my point.

How? They've had success, they have proven themselves...this organization hasn't won anything and doesn't get that respect. Just because the Colts did it, doesn't make it right for the Bills.

Dr. Lecter
04-27-2008, 05:52 PM
I would like Henderson too. Forgot about him.

Also, find the best LS out there and get him.

coastal
Ezra Butler
Darrell Robertson
Gary Guyton
Adarius Bowman
Joey Haynos
Fernando Valasko
Eric Young
Robert Felton
Keilen Dykes

Dr. Lecter
How? They've had success, they have proven themselves...this organization hasn't won anything and doesn't get that respect. Just because the Colts did it, doesn't make it right for the Bills.

Because you don't draft for need in the later rounds of the draft.

Mr. Pink
Tommy Blake DE

Dr. Lecter
04-27-2008, 05:53 PM
Tommy Blake DE

Absolutely!

Nighthawk
04-27-2008, 05:57 PM
Because you don't draft for need in the later rounds of the draft.

You've got to stop acting like this organization is a top notch organization and realize that they continue to make mistakes. That is what aggravates so many Bills fans. This organization does not deserve any respect until they earn it.

Mr. Pink
04-27-2008, 05:59 PM
There are some head scratcher picks, definitely, but when you get into late day 2 you're picking guys who you think can have ANY impact on the team in the future. Not just guys that are a warm body at a position of need.

Marvelous
I would like Henderson too. Forgot about him.

Also, find the best LS out there and get him.

What happened to the PROBOWLER LS we had? Mike Shneck err i forget his name...I bet Moorman loved him....

---Are there any UDFA's that excite? Remember taht WR from a few years ago thateveryone was all excited about? he didnt make it though...BigBen threw to him in college(forget name again) he had awesome size, but injury concerns....

We still need a FB & G
--I wish we woulda drafted a bacup QB. JP is this years but he's 100% gone nextseason and if we draft a bacup then he will be SUPER GREEN.. Maybe we get a FA bacup next offseason..

DraftBoy
Here is a few names....

QB Ricky Santos-New Hampshire
QB Brad Roach-Catawba
QB Kyle Spotts-Kutztown
RB Kregg Lumpkin-Georgia
RB Danny Woodhead-Chadron State
FB Jehuu Caulcrick-Michigan State
FB Micheal Cox-Georgia Tech
WR DJ Hall-Alabama
WR Armarri Jackson-South Florida
WR Ernie Wheelwright-Minnesotta
WR Dorien Bryant-Purdue
WR Shareer McBride-Delaware State
WR Jason Rivers-Hawaii
WR Edward Williams-Lane
WR Micah Rucker-Eastern Illinois
TE Joey Haynos-Maryland
TE Kolo Kapanui-West Texas A&M
TE Mike Peterson-Northwest Missouri State
OT Brandon Barnes-Grand Valley State
OT Thaddeus Coleman-Mississippi Valley State
OG Eric Young-Tennessee
OG Jordan Grimes-Purdue
OG Will Arnold-LSU
OG Kerry Brown-Appalachian State
OC Brendan Carvallho-Portland
OC Fernando Velasco-Georgia
DE Tommy Blake-TCU
DE Jeremy Geathers-UNLV
DE Derrick Gray-Texas Southern
DE Curtis Johnson-Clarke Atlanta
DE Darrel Robertson-Georgia Tech
DT Corey Clark-Jackson State
DT Barry Booker-Virginia Tech
LB Erin Henderson-Maryland
LB Steve Allen-West Texas A&M
LB Ezra Butler-Nevada
LB Gary Guyton-Georgia Tech
LB Vince Hall-Virginia Tech
LB Ali Highsmith-LSU
CB Bobbie Williams-Bethune Cookman
CB Micheal Grant-Arkansas State
S Jamar Adams-Michigan
S Marcus Griffin-Texas
S Nehemiah Warrick-Michigan State
K Art Camody-Louisville
P Mike Dragosvich-North Dakota State

Marvelous
04-27-2008, 06:01 PM
You've got to stop acting like this organization is a top notch organization and realize that they continue to make mistakes. That is what aggravates so many Bills fans. This organization does not deserve any respect until they earn it.

What dude? They have my respect. Winning is a perk.... Proud to be a Bills fan.... Is that no longer cool around here?

--I know ya just got the " i dont like our draft" blues...It's cool brotha...

-Draftboy, wtf!

FB Micheal Cox-Georgia Tech
He's rated pretty high in one o' my mags...hmm

DraftBoy
04-27-2008, 06:02 PM
What dude? They have my respect. Winning is a perk.... Proud to be a Bills fan.... Is that no longer cool around here?

--I know ya just got the " i dont like our draft" blues...It's cool brotha...

-Draftboy, wtf!

What?

kernowboy
04-27-2008, 06:02 PM
Jehuu Caulcrick, RB, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Michigan St</st1:address></st1:Street><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
DJ Hall, WR, <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Alabama</st1:place></st1:State>, <o:p></o:p>
Andrew Atchison, TE, William & <st1:PersonName w:st="on">Mary</st1:PersonName><o:p></o:p>
Adam Ballard, FB, Navy<o:p></o:p>
Andrew Crummey, G/C <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PersonName w:st="on">Mary</st1:PersonName>land</st1:place></st1:State><o:p></o:p>
Darrell <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Robertson</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">DE</st1:State>, <st1:country-region w:st="on">Georgia</st1:country-region></st1:place> Tech<o:p></o:p>
Eric Henderson, LB, <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PersonName w:st="on">Mary</st1:PersonName>land</st1:place></st1:State><o:p></o:p>
Ezra <st1:City w:st="on">Butler</st1:City>, LB, <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Nevada</st1:place></st1:State><o:p></o:p>
Jonathan Hefney, FS, <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Tennessee</st1:place></st1:State><o:p></o:p>
Kyle Wright, QB, <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Miami</st1:place></st1:City>

Dr. Lecter
04-27-2008, 06:03 PM

I never said they do not make mistakes.

What you've got to stop doing is acting like every pick is wrong before you know anything about the player or have seen them play at all.

Have you ever seen Omon play? I have not.

As for them earning respect, I look at this team as improving the last two years and having drafted well two years in a row.

DraftBoy
04-27-2008, 06:04 PM

What you've got to stop doing is acting like every pick is wrong before you know anything about the player or have seen them play at all.

As for them earning respect, I look at this team as improving the last two years and having drafted well two years in a row.

I have, and this was one of my favorite picks!

DraftBoy
04-27-2008, 06:04 PM
Jehuu Caulcrick, RB, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Michigan St</st1:address></st1:Street><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
DJ Hall, WR, <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Alabama</st1:place></st1:State>, <o:p></o:p>
Andrew Atchison, TE, William & <st1:PersonName w:st="on">Mary</st1:PersonName><o:p></o:p>
Adam Ballard, FB, Navy<o:p></o:p>
Andrew Crummey, G/C <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PersonName w:st="on">Mary</st1:PersonName>land</st1:place></st1:State><o:p></o:p>
Darrell <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Robertson</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">DE</st1:State>, <st1:country-region w:st="on">Georgia</st1:country-region></st1:place> Tech<o:p></o:p>
Eric Henderson, LB, <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PersonName w:st="on">Mary</st1:PersonName>land</st1:place></st1:State><o:p></o:p>
Ezra <st1:City w:st="on">Butler</st1:City>, LB, <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Nevada</st1:place></st1:State><o:p></o:p>
Jonathan Hefney, FS, <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Tennessee</st1:place></st1:State><o:p></o:p>
Kyle Wright, QB, <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Miami</st1:place></st1:City>

Ballard has quit football and is pursuing a career in the Navy.

Nighthawk
04-27-2008, 06:07 PM

First off, don't clump me with some on this board. I haven't hated every pick and nowhere have I stated that...that is pure fiction. You, on the other hand, act like every pick they make is the right one, I don't agree. TE was much more pressing of a need than a 3rd rate CB.

Marvelous
04-27-2008, 06:07 PM
Did Jamie Silva from BC get drafted? My wife is/was hoping...
/rolls eyes

DraftBoy
04-27-2008, 06:08 PM
Did Jamie Silva from BC get drafted? My wife is/was hoping...
/rolls eyes

Not Drafted

Dr. Lecter
04-27-2008, 06:10 PM
First off, don't clump me with some on this board. I haven't hated every pick and nowhere have I stated that...that is pure fiction. You, on the other hand, act like every pick they make is the right one, I don't agree. TE was much more pressing of a need than a 3rd rate CB.

My point is usually, I am not sure on these late round picks. I never said I love all the picks or think they don't make mistakes.

I am a beleiver in taking the highest player on a team's board and not taking "need" positions, espcially in the 4th and later.

With todays transient way the league works, getting depth and the best players is not a bad idea.

Nighthawk
04-27-2008, 06:12 PM
My point is usually, I am not sure on these late round picks. I never said I love all the picks or think they don't make mistakes.

I am a beleiver in taking the highest player on a team's board and not taking "need" positions, espcially in the 4th and later.

With todays transient way the league works, getting depth and the best players is not a bad idea.

I can live with that philosophy, but if you never draft for need, then you never fill holes and your team never gets over the hump. There has to be a balance and that's where I believe this organization fails.

Dr. Lecter
04-27-2008, 06:16 PM
I can live with that philosophy, but if you never draft for need, then you never fill holes and your team never gets over the hump. There has to be a balance and that's where I believe this organization fails.

I understand that idea, but what is the glaring need remaining? Maybe TE?

Center too imo, but finidng one that was ready to start this year once Pollack wnet off the board was unlikely.

Fact is, they got the CB they needed, the WR with size they needed, a 4th DE with pass rushing potential and depth for a number of positions (WR, LB, CB) along the way.

I am not sure that TEs or centers in round 4 and later come in as difference makers this year.

Nighthawk
04-27-2008, 06:20 PM
I understand that idea, but what is the glaring need remaining? Maybe TE?

Center too imo, but finidng one that was ready to start this year once Pollack wnet off the board was unlikely.

Fact is, they got the CB they needed, the WR with size they needed, a 4th DE with pass rushing potential and depth for a number of positions (WR, LB, CB) along the way.

I am not sure that TEs or centers in round 4 and later come in as difference makers this year.

The pick that really hurt them in this draft was taking Corner in round 4. At that point we could have taken a better LB or DT or even WR. Hell, there was better TE on the board also. That is not good value when you take that into account.

Johnny Bugmenot
04-27-2008, 06:34 PM
OK, OK... we're talking UDFA here. There are plenty of places to bicker about the fourth round elsewhere.

Back on topic... any center prospects out there that are worth a look?

I'd like to see Caulrick get a shot with Buffalo. A good fullback would probably help Lynch and whoever spells him immensely.

!Papacrunk!
04-27-2008, 06:53 PM
I really don't have a list that I would like for Miami to pick but other than areas such as secondary and WR. I am curious to see where Iowa State WR Todd Blythe will go. 6' 5", not a speedster, but can make the tough grab

YardRat
04-27-2008, 07:08 PM
I had Ezra Butler targeted as a lower round guy in my mock...I'd like to see him brought in.

Bmax
04-27-2008, 07:50 PM
No on Highsmith....too many injuries...

Bmax

yordad
04-27-2008, 07:51 PM
Well, actually I'd like to bring in as many as we can. But, I will pick a couple. What could it hurt.

Todd Blythe (WR (http://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker#tab:dt-by-position%7Cpos-wr))
D.J. Hall (WR (http://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker#tab:dt-by-position%7Cpos-wr))
J.J. Finley (TE (http://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker#tab:dt-by-position%7Cpos-te))
Joey Haynos (TE (http://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker#tab:dt-by-position%7Cpos-te))
Ali Highsmith (OLB (http://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker#tab:dt-by-position%7Cpos-lb))
Darnell Terrell (CB (http://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker#tab:dt-by-position%7Cpos-cb))
Jehuu Caulcrick (RB (http://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker#tab:dt-by-position%7Cpos-rb))

Ferrygoat
04-27-2008, 07:58 PM
Caulcrick signed with the jets

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/index.html

Scumbag College
04-27-2008, 08:04 PM
If I were an undrafted LB or DE, I would love to have the Bills give me a call and invite me to camp. At DE, the only real depth is Neill, Denney, and Ellis. At LB, the Bills have the draft pick, Dig, and Ellison for depth behind the starters. If they get any type of decent UDFA DE or LB in camp, I bet the Bills keep at least one at each position either on the active roster or the practice squad.

Nighthawk
04-27-2008, 08:06 PM
If I were an undrafted LB or DE, I would love to have the Bills give me a call and invite me to camp. At DE, the only real depth is Neill, Denney, and Ellis. At LB, the Bills have the draft pick, Dig, and Ellison for depth behind the starters. If they get any type of decent UDFA DE or LB in camp, I bet the Bills keep at least one at each position either on the active roster or the practice squad.

I agree, the LB unit on this team is pathetic. Dig and Ellison are mediocre players...at best. FA LBs should be drooling to sign here.

mysticsoto
04-28-2008, 08:54 AM
Here are some of the ones I'd like to bring in. I tried to take out all the ones already picked up by other teams...

WR DJ Hall
WR Todd Blythe
TE Joey Haynos
TE Mike Peterson
OT Thaddeus Coleman
OG Jordan Grimes
OC Brendan Carvallho
OL Matt Spanos
OC Matt Roan
DE Tommy Blake
DT Tywain Myles
LB Ezra Butler