PDA

View Full Version : McKelvin and Hardy both interviewed on Sirius!!

HHURRICANE
04-27-2008, 07:21 PM
Okay guys I just got back from Nashville.

I'll start with the Hardy interview. He was shocked that the Bills took him. He's never been to Buffalo so Carucci and Ross Tucker had to do a sell job on the team on-air. Said the team only talked to him at the combine.

People, the McKelvin interview on Saturday was so bad that they cut it short on Sirius. It was flat out embarrassing. I know nothing about Troy but I don't know how he passed a college class. Nate Clements wasn't much of an interview either but this guy sounds horrible. I hope he's smarter than he sounds because if not this guy won't be around very long.

Just an FYI.

Mitchy moo
04-27-2008, 07:25 PM
McKelvin and Modrak got along just fine I bet.

Marvelous
04-27-2008, 07:49 PM
Yeah all just watched his Chris Brown interview & his introduction video clip at the official site & i was embarrassed.. I had to mute it twice.
---His agent sucks since he didn't prep this kid at all for interviewing and would let him embarrass himself like that.. I couldn't the reporters faces athis introduction but i bet they we're all schocked that this kid is about to make millions...
---Like HH said, lets hope he is a baller on the field and makes up for his lack of sense speaking...

coastal
04-27-2008, 07:53 PM
I don't care how dumb he is... this isn't brain surgery.

this is cover the guy in front of you and knock the ****ing ball down.

YardRat
04-27-2008, 07:53 PM
This is a good sign. I remember people mocking Lynch last year for his ability to speak, specifically about, ya' know, certain, ya' know, phrases he used to, ya' know, use too, ya' know, much. Ya' know?

RockStar36
04-27-2008, 07:56 PM
It was far worse than Lynch ever was. I actually shut off the Chris Brown interview after a few minutes.

YardRat
04-27-2008, 08:07 PM
I could care less if the receiver he just toasted can understand the trash talk he spits out while standing over his prone body.

Nighthawk
04-27-2008, 08:11 PM
This guy sounds awful in an interview...worse than McGahee and that is saying something. Hey, hopefully he can play and nobody will care.

shelby
04-27-2008, 08:13 PM
http://assets.buffalobills.com/uploads/photo/806348930C4549BEB6123361AC47F2F9.jpg

RockStar36
04-27-2008, 08:16 PM
Hey I wasn't really ripping the kid. I hope he becomes our #1 CB and is a stud at the position. I was just agreeing that his interview skills are far from polished.

Tatonka
04-27-2008, 08:25 PM
you guys are ****ing brutal. the kid is from south georgia.. there are a lot of people that have a thick dialect from there.. he is close to getting his degree and seems like an extremely nice kid.. is he going to be in any public speaking events? probably not, but you guys will love him as soon as he starts taking the ball to the house..

i would love for him to watch tapes of you playing football.. he would say.. damn, that guy can speak really well, but he sucks at ball.

:snicker:

HHURRICANE
04-27-2008, 08:36 PM
you guys are ****ing brutal. the kid is from south georgia.. there are a lot of people that have a thick dialect from there.. he is close to getting his degree and seems like an extremely nice kid.. is he going to be in any public speaking events? probably not, but you guys will love him as soon as he starts taking the ball to the house..

i would love for him to watch tapes of you playing football.. he would say.. damn, that guy can speak really well, but he sucks at ball.

I live in Georgia and I have been to Waycross. Give me a break.

Yes, if the kid is a baller than who cares but it should be a concern at this point considering he has to learn an NFL playbook. Isn't this one of the reasons we got rid of McGahee?

Nighthawk
04-27-2008, 08:44 PM

Yes, if the kid is a baller than who cares but it should be a concern at this point considering he has to learn an NFL playbook. Isn't this one of the reasons we got rid of McGahee?

Now, I'll agree he will never be a public speaker, but I'm not going to label him stupid because of it. Let's wait and see before we go speculating about somebody like that.

Dr. Lecter
04-27-2008, 08:46 PM
Now, I'll agree he will never be a public speaker, but I'm not going to label him stupid because of it. Let's wait and see before we go speculating about somebody like that.

Kinda like we should do with our draft picks? ;)

Nighthawk
04-27-2008, 08:52 PM
Kinda like we should do with our draft picks? ;)

I agree, but as we've argued all day, I really didn't like the 4th round. It could have been soooo much better.

TedMock
04-27-2008, 09:02 PM
To this day Lester Hayes is the worst interviewee I've ever heard - several times over with each one being equally bad. He was a complete mush-mouth. He was also one of the best cover guys I've ever seen. "Football Smart" isn't always the same as what we consider "standard intelligence." Hopefully this kid has the football smarts and we all love him for a long time.

Tatonka
04-27-2008, 09:05 PM

he is a few credits shy of his college degree.. and his play doesnt indicate that he cant learn a playbook.. he said he lives and sleeps football.

what else to you want? a speech test?

get over yourself. people are so ridiculously judgmental.. im sure he is jealous as hell of your speech and and ability to post on a message board.

HAMMER
04-27-2008, 09:38 PM
he is a few credits shy of his college degree.. and his play doesnt indicate that he cant learn a playbook.. he said he lives and sleeps football.

what else to you want? a speech test?

get over yourself. people are so ridiculously judgmental.. im sure he is jealous as hell of your speech and and ability to post on a message board.

Coming from you, "get over yourself" sounds really funny.

camelcowboy
04-27-2008, 09:54 PM
He's coming to buffalo to cover receivers not to perform at Shakespeare in the park. Rod woodson was border line ******ed but he's a hall of famer.

TigerJ
04-27-2008, 09:55 PM
I listened to the video interview of McKelvin by Chris Brown on BuffaloBills.com. I'm no expert, but it sounded to me as if McKelvin's vocabulary was not the vocabulary of someone who is unusually stupid. He's obviously no brain surgeon, but I really think that the thing that makes him difficult to understand is a speech impediment more than anything else. The scouting report on NFL.com suggested he picks up plays very quickly.

I think that it is not uncommon at all for persons of normal or even above normal intelligence to be unfairly labeled as dumb because they are not very articulate. I've also heard some pretty articulate people who turned out not to be very smart. It's an easy mistake to make because the way a person sounds creates a powerful impression. It's not always the correct one though.

hydro
04-27-2008, 10:13 PM
You could name a list of players a mile long with poor verbal skills. Nobody is perfect so why bother making a big deal about it.

Bmax
04-27-2008, 10:17 PM

I agree.. The kid is just a product of the dirty south .. the dialect is different.. I remember when i moved to NC in 1997.. Man what a shock. for me. Give the kid a break.. And leave your northen frame of mind at the door .. As soon as the kid makes a pick or runs back a kick nobody will care what he sounds like.

Bmax

Marvelous
04-27-2008, 10:46 PM
The kid is NOT stupid. I wanna say that for the record. But he is VERY ghetto. & What i find annoying(talking to you T) is that he didn't turn off his inner city ebonics for the interview. Heck i love the pick as i've said countless time. But i can't say i'm overly impressed with him like i was about Poz or Lynch. I was watching all the 1st round rookies do interviews and today i realized that Leodis was missing. And i tought i missed it but i know he was most likely skipped for a reason.. You guys are right that he could eat pigs feet & bounce w/ his gold teefesis & i'll love him as long as he excells & cares about the team...Dialect../rolls eyes.. Same dialect i'd see if i was to go to any inner inner city, or listen to any local rap cd...
--kinda OT-- My wife just reminded me about stereotyping after i fealt bad about hatin on Lynch lastyear.. It's true, i fealt horrible & learned a lesson about book by cover etc..mamma's boy lol... I think Leodis has no idea that our fan base is more loyal as most other teams etc..

Ultra Chimp 1
04-27-2008, 11:01 PM
Ok, lets look at the positives.

Seven times out of ten, ghetto ass players with no character issues usually equals pro-bowler.

Illmatic15
04-27-2008, 11:12 PM
I agree with a psoter from above, he is from southern georgia, a lot of people from there have deep southern accents......

Ultra Chimp 1
04-27-2008, 11:16 PM
The more I listen to McKelvin, the more I love the guy.

You can't tell me his answers are not freakin' hilarious.

SabreEleven
04-27-2008, 11:42 PM
Everybody calls George Bush stupid because he isn't great at giving speech and the guy has two Master degrees.

Ultra Chimp 1
04-27-2008, 11:45 PM
Everybody calls George Bush stupid because he isn't great at giving speech and the guy has two Master degrees.

Legacy.

Marvelous
04-28-2008, 12:16 AM
Leodis could win over the fanbase INSTANTLY if he somehow wins us over by showing loyalty to the city,Ralph,and team Just like Marshawn... Clements & McGahee never did attempt to win us over.. Winfield & Parrish did, as did McGee.. McGee mighta gotten his 2nd contract cause of this....
--WOOOOHOOO!!! We have a new,soon to be STAR CB!! :grin: :) :) :)