PDA

View Full Version : It's time to fire Bobby April!!!

HHURRICANE
04-27-2008, 07:31 PM
This guy obviously has too much influence on the roster. How many TE/HB hybrids do we need to bring in here? How many Special team type guys? How many CBs that can return punts????

The Bills just don't get it.

There were some very good DTs and DEs that we skipped in later rounds.

One WR in the entire draft that's going to actually make our roster?

Seriously, Hardy is all we needed to go from 30th in the league??

TedMock
04-27-2008, 07:35 PM
1/3 of the game, my friend. Extremely important part of the game and yet many feel the same way you do. I absolutely understand you wanting more offense, but we've lost a good handful of quality special teamers as well. That's just as important to fix as offense and defense is.

HHURRICANE
04-27-2008, 07:37 PM
1/3 of the game, my friend. Extremely important part of the game and yet many feel the same way you do. I absolutely understand you wanting more offense, but we've lost a good handful of quality special teamers as well. That's just as important to fix as offense and defense is.

Our special teams have been great and yet we have no winning seasons since April got here.

ddaryl
04-27-2008, 07:38 PM
if your backups can't play special teams they're just bench warmers.

there is a balance here, and I don't believe its an April thing as it is a team philosophy.

firing April would be the stupidest move the Bill scan make.

Dr. Lecter
Firing Bobby April would be a very bad move.

BTW, the WR they got in the 7th is viewed as a steal in many places.

shelby
How the FO chose to draft is not April's fault.
i understand your frustration, but April is not the problem.

YardRat
You don't draft for special teams. You draft for depth, and let the back-ups earn their paycheck on those squads.

If we are drafting strictly for ST's, we're in trouble.

TedMock
Our special teams have been great and yet we have no winning seasons since April got here.

So, you want to fire the best coach on the staff?

alohabillsfan
04-27-2008, 07:39 PM
some people want names, I will wait till they play before I judge, I have patience.

justasportsfan
04-27-2008, 07:40 PM

thats because our O and D have been awsome.

kIDS This is why you should JUST SAY NO TO DRUGS !!!

HHURRICANE
04-27-2008, 07:41 PM

If April is influencing the decisions based on being the assistant coach than it is an issue. I would be a good special teams coach with the picks he keeps getting. Clements, McGee, and Parrish would make any special teams coach look like a genius. But he did a great job against Dallas.

Mitchy moo
04-27-2008, 07:43 PM

I see no problem with the Offensive choices we made, yet.

YardRat
04-27-2008, 07:44 PM
I'm not about to ask for April to be fired, but the ST's certainly didn't perform up to it's usual standards last year either. Of course, injuries had a part in that also.

HHURRICANE
04-27-2008, 07:49 PM
People if we are going to keep filling our roster with Special teams players we are never, ever, seeing the playoffs.

Why did we take Fine? Please explain this pick???

shelby
04-27-2008, 07:51 PM
Keep it related to the topic at hand, y'all.

HHURRICANE
04-27-2008, 07:57 PM
Keep it related to the topic at hand, y'all.

Thank you.

Okay people why did we take fine? To replace Shouman?

Why did we take Omon? To replace Wright?

We take McKelvin with our first pick and than take Corner??

YardRat
04-27-2008, 07:57 PM
People if we are going to keep filling our roster with Special teams players we are never, ever, seeing the playoffs.

Why did we take Fine? Please explain this pick???

Because he plays TE and we needed one.

Too easy. Now give me a tougher one.

HHURRICANE
04-27-2008, 08:00 PM
Because he plays TE and we needed one.

Too easy. Now give me a tougher one.

You and I both know that this is not the pass catching TE we are need of!!! Is Shouman getting cut??

Are we running a 2FB set?

Nighthawk
04-27-2008, 08:00 PM
I don't agree with firing April, but I do agree that this organization is a little confused about how to fill out a roster. They need to stop worrying so much about ST and pay more attention to players that can actually play football.

shelby
04-27-2008, 08:02 PM
<TABLE class=players-grid-table id=players-grid-table-by-team cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" _extended="true"><TBODY _extended="true"><TR class=drafted-data-row _extended="true"><TD _extended="true"></TD><TD _extended="true">Derek Fine (http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/derek-fine?id=1068)</TD><TD _extended="true">TE (http://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker;jsessionid=361E9CA52DE25EC47ED60A736466C075;jsessionid=D16753A13BB75A1891E3250A5AE084B0#tab:dt-by-position|pos-te)</TD><TD _extended="true">6'3"</TD><TD _extended="true">245</TD><TD _extended="true">Kansas (http://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker;jsessionid=361E9CA52DE25EC47ED60A736466C075;jsessionid=D16753A13BB75A1891E3250A5AE084B0#tab:dt-by-college|college-13)</TD></TR><TR class="drafted-data-row id=" _extended="true" #players-grid-table-by-team-analysis-row-1068?><TD colSpan=2 _extended="true"></TD><TD colSpan=5 _extended="true">Pick Analysis:Fine is going to sit down against zones and catch 8-9 yard passes. He can also play solid special teams. Fine could be a solid depth player at a position of need in Buffalo, but will need to improve his blocking to be more than a backup.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=players-grid-table id=players-grid-table-by-team cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" _extended="true"><TBODY _extended="true"><TR class=drafted-data-row _extended="true"><TD _extended="true">Xavier Omon (http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/xavier-omon?id=2641)</TD><TD _extended="true">RB (http://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker;jsessionid=361E9CA52DE25EC47ED60A736466C075;jsessionid=D16753A13BB75A1891E3250A5AE084B0#tab:dt-by-position|pos-rb)</TD><TD _extended="true">5'11"</TD><TD _extended="true">226</TD><TD _extended="true">Northwest Missouri State (http://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker;jsessionid=361E9CA52DE25EC47ED60A736466C075;jsessionid=D16753A13BB75A1891E3250A5AE084B0#tab:dt-by-college|college-331)</TD></TR><TR class="drafted-data-row id=" _extended="true" #players-grid-table-by-team-analysis-row-2641?><TD colSpan=2 _extended="true"></TD><TD colSpan=5 _extended="true">Pick Analysis:Omon is a very productive player. He's got size and speed and has had an unbelievable statistical output in college. He's a good pick by the Bills.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker;jsessionid=361E9CA52DE25EC47ED60A736466C075;jsessionid=D16753A13BB75A1891E3250A5AE084B0#tab:dt-by-team|team-buf

justasportsfan
04-27-2008, 08:08 PM
lets fire our best proven coach. Lets fire the leagues best special teams coach . That'll make our team better.

HHURRICANE
We wasted a bunch of picks. We could have moved back into the 2nd and got a TE that actually catches passes and is a threat in our offense. Now we have a guy that is the duplicate of the 5th round guy that we got last year.

Someone explain why this is a good move?

shelby
i'm thinking that the FO knows something that we don't.

HHURRICANE
04-27-2008, 08:11 PM
lets fire our best proven coach. Lets fire the leagues best special teams coach . That'll make our team better.

If he's influencing our personnel decisions than we'll continue to have the best special teams on a team that will never make the playoffs.

We needed a real TE and we didn't get him. We got one WR when we needed two.

But we have a Schouman clone and another RB on a roster that has RBs. Excellent.

HHURRICANE
04-27-2008, 08:13 PM

If it doesn't have Schockey, Williams, or Johnson attatched to it than plan on another year of mediocre offense.

Nighthawk
04-27-2008, 08:13 PM

Exactly what would give you that impression...the lack of a playoff appearance in the last ten years? Let's not just assume because they have a job in the NFL that they know what they're doing.

ParanoidAndroid
04-27-2008, 08:14 PM
And what is your smoking gun piece of evidence to support your theory? I re-submit that this is paranoia.

justasportsfan
04-27-2008, 08:15 PM
Exactly what would give you that impression...the lack of a playoff appearance in the last ten years? Let's not just assume because they have a job in the NFL that they know what they're doing.
we will know this year. rebuilding year ends today.

HHURRICANE
04-27-2008, 08:16 PM

You do realize that when you have the best punter, one of the most accurate field goal kickers, the best punt returner, and one of the better kick off returners that you are going to look pretty good?

Justa I'm pretty sure you couldn't even screw that up.

HHURRICANE
04-27-2008, 08:18 PM
Noticing that know wants to touch the picks and why they are good. Anyone want to touch the Fine pick or why we didn't go back in and get Bennett when he was sitting there??

Bone
04-27-2008, 08:19 PM
And what is your smoking gun piece of evidence to support your theory? I re-submit that this is paranoia.

I think hes drunk.

Nighthawk
04-27-2008, 08:22 PM
we will know this year. rebuilding year ends today.

Yep, no more excuses. They better get it done or clean out this house.

YardRat
04-27-2008, 08:29 PM
Don't worry about it. He'll be just Fine.

YardRat
04-27-2008, 08:30 PM
:lmao:

Sometimes I even amaze myself.

YardRat
04-27-2008, 08:31 PM

You're pretty smart for a broad. :beers:

Dr. Lecter
04-27-2008, 08:31 PM
:lmao:

Sometimes I even amaze myself.

You amaze all of us.

justasportsfan
04-27-2008, 08:34 PM
You do realize that when you have the best punter, one of the most accurate field goal kickers, the best punt returner, and one of the better kick off returners that you are going to look pretty good?

Justa I'm pretty sure you couldn't even screw that up. best this best that. So why are you btiching again if we have the best players? I have an idea, lets bring in the worst players. that'll make this team better.

Johnny Bugmenot
04-27-2008, 08:37 PM
They were pretty mediocre last year. Who knows? It could have been the difference between playoffs and no playoffs.

Nighthawk
04-27-2008, 08:39 PM
They were pretty mediocre last year. Who knows? It could have been the difference between playoffs and no playoffs.

No, the difference was our putrid offense and putrid defense.

Romes
04-28-2008, 12:27 AM
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/1824/thread_sucks.jpg

TedMock
04-28-2008, 05:14 AM
Didn't Fine have 46 catches for almost 400 yards last season? Why the comments about him being unable catch balls?

Dr. Lecter
04-28-2008, 05:45 AM
No, the difference was our putrid offense and putrid defense.

I disagree the defense was putrid, at least based on points allowed.

Dozerdog
04-28-2008, 06:57 AM
You and I both know that this is not the pass catching TE we are need of!!! Is Shouman getting cut??

Are we running a 2FB set?
Do we need a pass catchiong TE or does the caching staff want a blocking TE/H back?

Spending all tht money on OL and a high draft pick on Lynch - I would hope the Bills can finally build a running attack .

If you want to make the case the Blls should have packaged some of those middle picks to trade for Shockey (who can both block and catch) then sure.

But do we want an A-Hole with a big contract? Those are fair points to debate. We didn't leave Anthony Gonzales on the board.

Dozerdog
04-28-2008, 07:02 AM
When you add Paul Posluzney, Ko Simpson, and all the other injured Bills back to the Defense, as well as adding Stroud and Mitchell, I think the Bills did a lot to improve this offseason.

A lot more than adding a 4th round bench warmer to the defense. The Bills added guys who have a very strong chance t actually contribute. By making existing benchwarmers "earn their pay" on ST's then you are just putting added pressure on the offensive & defensive units (that are already barely hanging on) by making them get that extra FG or TD in a game, or add 20 yards to every drive start.

There is a lot to be said to have one of the best units in the league

The Spaz
04-28-2008, 07:06 AM
When you add Paul Posluzney, Ko Simpson, and all the other injured Bills back to the Defense, as well as adding Stroud and Mitchell, I think the Bills did a lot to improve this offseason.

A lot more than adding a 4th round bench warmer to the defense. The Bills added guys who have a very strong chance t actually contribute. By making existing benchwarmers "earn their pay" on ST's then you are just putting added pressure on the offensive & defensive units (that are already barely hanging on) by making them get that extra FG or TD in a game, or add 20 yards to every drive start.

There is a lot to be said to have one of the best units in the league

:clap::rockon:

Jeff1220
04-28-2008, 07:08 AM
If it doesn't have Schockey, Williams, or Johnson attatched to it than plan on another year of mediocre offense.

...because they all made the difference in getting their teams get to the playoffs.

Oh wait...

Seriously, everything I've read on Fine says that he has very good hands, but doesn't have great speed. As long as he can get open for first downs, who cares if his 40 sucks.

It's the same thing every year. As always, I'm willing to withhold judgment on the draft a bit longer than a day after it ended.

kernowboy
04-28-2008, 07:49 AM
For me the issue is we over reached for picks in R4 and R5.

Reggie Corner, and Derek Fine would have been available much later. Both are small - I think we need to consider a minimum of 5ft11, and 6ft4 when selecting here.

We have selected no Center, so what happens in this the final year of Fowler's deal? Are we going to resign him? Are we going to bring in someone else to learn from scratch? We should have used a pick to develop a Center.

I thought we were going to use a proper FB - yet we sign no FB .... Barnes and Evans have proven they cannot hack it. We could have had one of the top3 FBs but chose Fine. It is criminal that it wasn't Schmitt unless the new Offensive Coordinator has been less than honest in what he has said.

And an injury to Stroud and we are back to Kyle Williams starting again. Surely drafting Dre Moore in R4, and then trading Williams for a R5 or R6 pick that we could have used on Reggie Corner if we were so in love with him makes more sense.

HHURRICANE
04-28-2008, 08:08 AM
For me the issue is we over reached for picks in R4 and R5.

Reggie Corner, and Derek Fine would have been available much later. Both are small - I think we need to consider a minimum of 5ft11, and 6ft4 when selecting here.

We have selected know Center, so what happens in this the final year of Fowler's deal? Are we going to resign him? Are we going to bring in someone else to learn from scratch? We should have used a pick to develop a Center.

I thought we were going to use a proper FB - yet we sign no FB .... Barnes and Evans have proven they cannot hack it. We could have had one of the top3 FBs but chose Fine. It is criminal that it wasn't Schmitt unless the new Offensive Coordinator has to be honest in what he has said.

And an injury to Stroud and we are back to Kyle Williams starting again. Surely drafting Dre Moore in R4, and then trading Williams for a R5 or R6 pick that we could have used on Reggie Corner if we were so in love with him makes more sense.

We have a winner.

Gunzlingr
04-28-2008, 08:16 AM
This thread makes me think the HH has caught a ride on the stupid train and is the one that needs to be fired.

HHURRICANE
04-28-2008, 08:34 AM
This thread makes me think the HH has caught a ride on the stupid train and is the one that needs to be fired.

Nobody still has yet to justify the picks so criticizing me or the thread means little to me.

Did we really need another corner? Another hybrid TE/HB? Another RB?

These guys are all playing special team because they'll never see the starting lineup.

Why not trade these pick and get Bennett that has a chance of starting and contributing?

Yes, Bobby Aprill is a good special teams coach. I'm not saying we should fire him because someone is better or he sucks. Never said that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm saying that if he has this much influence of the roster that I don't want him here.

colin
04-28-2008, 08:45 AM
i disagree wrt to this draft.

a special teamer is a real good attitude guy who doesn't mind not starting.

a development player is a guy who should be competing for a starting job one day, but can play special teams in the meanwhile.

stamer was the former, crow was the later. crow went from special teams ACE to a stud LB.

now the fact that fine and corner show good skills in their full time role and are athletes (fine was the most athletic TE at the combine) means you have guys who are developmental guys.

i mean leodis is projected to be even better than our mcgee and parrish return studs, but that's a bonus aside from being a shutdown corner.

alohabillsfan
04-28-2008, 09:04 AM
I love how fans are critical of a draft but not one has interviewed, scouted or watched coaches tape of any of the draft picks. Who on this board was in the Bills draft room? Give it a rest! Let them play. And to be fair it was going to take awhile to unscrew TD roster.

djjimkelly
04-28-2008, 09:10 AM
This guy obviously has too much influence on the roster. How many TE/HB hybrids do we need to bring in here? How many Special team type guys? How many CBs that can return punts????

The Bills just don't get it.

There were some very good DTs and DEs that we skipped in later rounds.

One WR in the entire draft that's going to actually make our roster?

Seriously, Hardy is all we needed to go from 30th in the league??

if your gonna go down the road of thinking then start to think about the turd who listens to april

raphael120
04-28-2008, 10:39 AM
Well at least this year we have 3 CB's to pin our hopes on instead of just 1 like when we got Youboty....hence why I have no faith in our scouting department to find anyone of great value in the later rounds.

Youboty stinks and by busting out on him we had to devote a #1 pick to CB, Wright was a waste of a 4th, again having to spend another pick on RB...our DE's suck balls and yet we threw big contracts at them only to pick another DE in the 3rd...we're addressing the same issues every damn year. CB, RB, LB, D-line...

No wonder we go 7-9 twice in a row. We go two steps forward and 2 steps back in every draft.

justasportsfan
04-28-2008, 10:41 AM
Well at least this year we have 3 CB's to pin our hopes on instead of just 1 like when we got Youboty....hence why I have no faith in our scouting department to find anyone of great value in the later rounds.

Youboty stinks and by busting out on him we had to devote a #1 pick to CB, Wright was a waste of a 4th, again having to spend another pick on RB...our DE's suck balls and yet we threw big contracts at them only to pick another DE in the 3rd...we're addressing the same issues every damn year. CB, RB, LB, D-line...

No wonder we go 7-9 twice in a row. We go two steps forward and 2 steps back in every draft.

How many years did it take for Crowell to develop? Dig and Ellison were great late rd pick ups.

Besides , there 's a reason why these guys were drafted late. Most late draft picks are usually projects and don't pan out in their first few years.

Wright is a wasted pick after a year? Hard to do anything when you are behind Lynch who took most of the snaps because he was the top RB was drafted plus Wright was behind A_train. I'd hold off in calling him a waste now that A-Train is gone.

Wright and Lynch were both wastes under Fairchild.