PDA

View Full Version : Time for Perry to put up!

coastal
04-27-2008, 07:38 PM
This D is loaded from top to bottom now...

Anything less than a top 10 D and a playoff appearance and this guy should be given the boot first.

TedMock
04-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Editing - I replied too quickly.

Agreed to an extent. If the defense stays healthy, there is no reason why they shouldn't make a huge jump. A top 10 overall finish would be beyond huge. I'm not looking for miracles here.

YardRat
04-27-2008, 07:42 PM
Top ten in what statistic?

ddaryl
04-27-2008, 07:42 PM
wow some of you boys are really cranky. Everyone sucks and everyone needs to be fired.

take a step back and evaluate yourselves, so many of you sound like little children.

Last year we were decimated by injuries. Our O had numerous 3 and outs and couldn't sustain drives nor could it score TD's in the red zone. Yet our D was able to keep us in most games throughout the year, or until the 4th quarter when they were dog tired and physically exhausted from being on the field for 35 - 40 minutes.

If our O could of just scored some TD's instead of FG's we would of made the playoffs last year.

Our D will be improved. I could cae less if its top 10 or not just as long as we win games and look better doing it.

coastal
04-27-2008, 07:46 PM
Marcus Stroud...

Spencer Johnson...

Mitchell...

Will James...

McKelvin...

Ellis...

Reggie Corner...

a returning Simpson, Denney and Poz...

Whitner, McCargo, Williams, Simpson, and even Youboty all going into their 3rd years...

Schobel, Denney, Kelsay, Stroud McGee, Greer and Crow providing the vet leadership.

That is one stacked unit from top to bottom.

Mitchy moo
Field a team that wins / make the playoffs & it's steak for all, otherwise it's off with their heads.

coastal
Top ten in what statistic?yds/game... pts/game... rushing yds/game.... passing yds/game...

how's that?

justasportsfan
04-27-2008, 07:47 PM
Bring back Tim anderson and our DL will be wicked

YardRat
04-27-2008, 07:49 PM
yds/game... pts/game... rushing yds/game.... passing yds/game...

how's that?

If that's what you're gauging it on, fine, I guess. Personally I could give two ****s about three out of the four (especially considering the style defense we run).

If we're mid-20's in all the yards, but close to 10 in pts allowed I'll be OK with that.

coastal
04-27-2008, 07:50 PM
This D better be lockdown!

ScottLawrence
04-27-2008, 07:56 PM
I still worry about or D-Line.

Stroud is still a huge question mark.

coastal
04-27-2008, 07:57 PM
I still worry about or D-Line.

Stroud is still a huge question mark.I agree... if he returns to form, we should have something special.

Nighthawk
04-27-2008, 08:28 PM
We will see about Perry Fewell. I'm not a big fan of his and he has had excuses made for him in the past, but those days are gone. Make better calls on defense or get your ass out of here.

Johnny Bugmenot
04-27-2008, 08:42 PM
Bring back Tim anderson and our DL will be wicked
Throw in Erik Flowers and it's all-star.

EDS
04-27-2008, 08:59 PM
I really like the fact that they added some talented pieces to the defense. Stroud in particular as he is exactly what the defense needed last year. I am not totally sold on Kawika Mitchell, but there is no question he is an upgrade over Ellison. McKelvin could be a huge addition and Ellis has potential to help as well.

Adding in some healthy and more experienced bodies from last season should be a huge benefit as well, so the defense is much improved on paper.

If Stroud misses any time though I think teams will still be able to run up the gut of the defense - just like last year. I would have looked to adding an upgrade to Kyle Williams in reserve of Stroud but maybe the front office feels this wasn't a concern.

Philagape
04-27-2008, 09:04 PM
I still want Perry fired for the Dallas debacle. The defense has yet to do anything that outweighs that.

(but you ask) "Who would replace him?"
Answer: anyone who knows when the other team needs to get out of bounds, for starters.